Age for first ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age for first ear piercings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She didn't encourage him, but she supported him.
@Lambano Point taken about the fine distinction.

Seems like some young men would just appreciate their mom's support to have the confidence to do it.

I guess your wife would afterwards have been pleased for him that he did it (even though like you say she didn't actually up front encourage him).

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@farouk - out of curiosity - you may have stated elsewhere - do you have tattoos and piercings? I’m assuming you do? And if tattoos - what images/words have you chosen? :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@farouk - out of curiosity - you may have stated elsewhere - do you have tattoos and piercings? I’m assuming you do? And if tattoos - what images/words have you chosen? :)
@Goldie75 I haven't worn earrings for years. But at the small. conservative local church that my wife and I attend, probably a majority of the young men and boys that have been there have worn earrings. Not problematic.

I guess you could say this is a trivia thread.

Reactions: Goldie75

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If I was to vote now I’d say 16-18 and only 1 pair. I’m personally not keen on men having piercings.

@Goldie75 Yes, well, 1 stud in each lobe is the minimalist way.

When decades back teen girls - AND their moms - started getting 2 in each lobe, it seemed to relate to when if a son wanted even 1 stud in 1 lobe, it was hard to deny it when mom and sister already had 2 each side, right?

(I don't find it problematic.)

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk you seem to have an obsession with piercings and tattoos, unGodly things, desecration of God's temple, forgive me for saying it but it seems like you promote the desecration of one's body.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What is unedifying in discussing our thoughts on tattoos that contain Christian messages? Or pierced ears?
@Heart2Soul Plenty of preachers' wives and daughters have pierced ears, as it happens. It's so often a straightforward, birthday event. At the small local church where we attend a number of the young men /boys wear earrings also. (They evidently have birthdays also, LOL.) The wise thing for Christian parents to do if young ppl want their ears pierced is to encourage them to have it done in a safe and clean way to avoid complications. Not to fight it, but help them do it safely.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She and her son got their ears pierced at a mall kiosk. ... She didn't encourage him, but she supported him.
@Lambano I do think ear piercing is all part of growing up, among young ppl. Including among young men.

Best for parents of young ppl to focus on them having it done safely and cleanly, rather than trying to fight it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Heart2Soul PS: So do you think this subject and discussion is deep enough? :)

I guess it is at least a very practical one; and doing it right can be very straightforward and uncontroversial for a lot of young ppl; but...

Getting it wrong can lead to a lot of problems if it's not done properly..............

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul PS: So do you think this subject and discussion is deep enough? :)

I guess it is at least a very practical one; and doing it right can be very straightforward and uncontroversial for a lot of young ppl; but...

Getting it wrong can lead to a lot of problems if it's not done properly..............
I suppose it is...but I am going to have to put it on the back burner for tonight cause I am getting ready for bed.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I suppose it is...but I am going to have to put it on the back burner for tonight cause I am getting ready for bed.
@Heart2Soul Well, okay...... :)

Over the years it's the sort of issue that doesn't go away, anyway....

It used to be that one ear stud each side was the standard. (Remember the days...?)

Now it seems that 2 each side (at least) is what they in the end expect. At least, for girls.

For young men it seems like one each side is still the standard, among those that do it, anyway.