Agnostic at heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
This still doesn't answer the question; should he be in jail if his morals say he did nothing wrong?
You obviously do something unwarranted by the standers of society, that's why you would go to jail. I almost went to jail myself because of what society deemed wrong, but was I really wrong?

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously do something unwarranted by the standers of society, that's why you would go to jail. I almost went to jail myself because of what society deems wrong, but was I really wrong?

But my morality is based on what I think is right, not on what society thinks is right... what gives society the right to over rule my moral beliefs?

So do you believe that we should we get rid of jails and not punish anything as a crime?

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
But my morality is based on what I think is right, not on what society thinks is right... what gives society the right to over rule my moral beliefs?
We're all shaped by the moral trends of this day and age, it's not easy to follow your own moral compass in a world that tells you how to act.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're all shaped by the moral trends of this day and age, it's not easy to follow your own moral compass in a world that tells you how to act.

But again; should we get rid of jails and law, since all they're really doing is stopping people from truly following their moral compasses?

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
But again; should we get rid of jails and law, since all they're really doing is stopping people from truly following their moral compasses?
You obviously think morals are objective and can not be altered, because God has deemed what's right and wrong in advance. But God of the Bible has done things that today we would consider immoral.

Is polygamy wrong? Not according to the God of the bible.

Is slavery wrong? Not according to the God of the Bible.

Is infanticide wrong? Not according to the God of the Bible.

Is stoning people to death wrong? Not according to the God of the Bible.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dunno why you feel like you have to presume anything, the text plainly says If your brother sins against you x times, and x times comes and confesses, forgive him, right? Which is also not the end of the story there, but we are still a long way from forgive and you will be forgiven here I guess

Yep, text is plain. And consideration of other texts are also plain.

Under the LAW, no limit on men forgiving men of sin against them.

Under the New Covenant, no limit on men forgiving men of trespasses against them.

I am not Under the Law.
I do not forgive men of SIN!

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously think morals are objective and can not be altered, because God has deemed what's right and wrong in advance. But God of the Bible has done things that today we would consider immoral.

God does not condone polygamy.... it was not His plan for marriage.

God did not condone slavery... he freed his people which were slaves, and slavery back then was completely different than the slavery you are equating it with

You already asked me the final 2, and I answered you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Right and Wrong....
Or
A Lawfully established Jurisdiction with established forbadences?

For example...Polygamy was not "wrong"...
It has become "outlawed"... aka, established illegal according to established Political powers.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh this thing is amazing, I just don't know how to use it lol

I'm in the sticks, and not a speed typist on a phone, get a dropped connection all the time.
Obviously not the most ideal...ha.

Don't have an IPAD, but you might solicit a pro, like a 10yr old kid to help you figure out your IPAD...lol

Glory to God,
Taken

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Right and Wrong....
Or
A Lawfully established Jurisdiction with established forbadences?

For example...Polygamy was not "wrong"...
It has become "outlawed"... aka, established illegal according to established Political powers.

Glory to God,
Taken
You shouldn't swallow your morality in tablet form.

Reactions: bbyrd009