Agnostic at heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
This is the longest welcome thread I have ever seen. Lol

Still, hoping Fatal Moves finds Illumination.
I find it by studying our Heavenly Father's Word. I have found this site helpful and am thankful for all members here. We don't all agree, but we do try to enlighten on the way.
Wadr the Bible is not Word, but I liked the intent of the post so I gave you a like anyway :)

Reactions: Acolyte

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry but wadr it is not, as you cannot Quote Ask God for forgiveness a single time Taken. In fact you cannot Quote "ask for forgiveness" at all, ever, for a very good reason imo.

It is the one who was wrong-doing and their earnest heart-felt CONFESSING that is highlighted.

Thereafter it is Forgiving that is ACT of the other party who was wronged.

It is a matter of ... establishing
"WHO" the 1st party "IS"
And
"WHO" the 2nd party "IS".

Man and God.............Old Covenant
.....continually man sinning Against God.
.....continually man being forgiven
Man and man.............Old Covenant
.....continually man sinning Against man.
.....continually man being forgiven of sin

Man and Christ/God..New Covenant
....man forgiven of ALL sin Against Christ/God
Man and man.............New Covenant
....continually man trespassing Against man.
....continually man being forgiven of trespass

Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but this is deadly serious. An eturnity apart from the source of all goodness is not a laughing matter.

Hi Wind,
People still want to create their own gods...useless and it comes from their own imaginations. Jesus NEVER chased anyone down to try and convince. If this guy does not have the Spirit of God living in him, which he does not, he will never understand. Satan was so good with the questions, trying to always trap Jesus into doubt. He does the same with humans. If he says there is no true God, he is very foolish indeed. Don't banter with a fool because you are wasting your time.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, that would be fortunate.

Tried to find your earlier post asking something along the lines of why follow Jesus? been thinking on your question since you posted it. Hopefully you read the post I made to you concerning “as seeing him who is invisible.” I’m sorry if you feel preached at or schooled or any thing close to it because that is not the intention. In many ways I can relate to much of what you have shared and I also sometimes feel like walking away from it all. I’m only sharing with you some things to consider and that is all. Just consider. I’ve been blamed so many times for over spiritualizing and told I might as well spiritualize Jesus away so that he was never seen in the flesh but only Spirit. The point of the post was countless scriptures refer to “He who is invisible.” YET God manifested in the physical, seen with the eyes of men and testified of: a sign: 1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

The only sign God said He would give. In Jesus (a body prepared) was manifested (made visible) HE who is invisible. John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then , Shew us the Father?

He that hath seen me (visible)has seen Him who is (invisible) the Father. This is your proof. This is your sign.

John 20:27-29
[27] Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. (Of the witness) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. [29] Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me,(visibility) thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. (In He who is invisible by faith and not sight).

Philippians 4:8-9
[8] Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. [9] Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Those things which you have both learned (of He who is invisible), and received (of He who is invisible), and heard(of He who is invisible), and seen in me(the Son)...do:”

He is our witness, our testimony, our sign, our proof OF the unseen. Seen of men and testified of. He (the showing visibility even in the word of two witnesses OT and NT speak of that which is unseen) made visible to man in the Son: expelling every vain imagination. It has to line up with what God showed in the Son: 1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Man can beat you with their bibles and pull out verses to condemn you to hell and spit on you and reject you and tower over you in superiority but what do you see in “he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then , Shew us the Father?”

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Tried to find your earlier post asking something along the lines of why follow Jesus? been thinking on your question since you posted it. Hopefully you read the post I made to you concerning “as seeing him who is invisible.” I’m sorry if you feel preached at or schooled or any thing close to it because that is not the intention. In many ways I can relate to much of what you have shared and I also sometimes feel like walking away from it all. I’m only sharing with you some things to consider and that is all. Just consider. I’ve been blamed so many times for over spiritualizing and told I might as well spiritualize Jesus away so that he was never seen in the flesh but only Spirit. The point of the post was countless scriptures refer to “He who is invisible.” YET God manifested in the physical, seen with the eyes of men and testified of: a sign: 1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

The only sign God said He would give. In Jesus (a body prepared) was manifested (made visible) HE who is invisible. John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then , Shew us the Father?

He that hath seen me (visible)has seen Him who is (invisible) the Father. This is your proof. This is your sign.

John 20:27-29
[27] Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. (Of the witness) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. [29] Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me,(visibility) thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. (In He who is invisible by faith and not sight).

Philippians 4:8-9
[8] Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. [9] Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Those things which you have both learned (of He who is invisible), and received (of He who is invisible), and heard(of He who is invisible), and seen in me(the Son)...do:”

He is our witness, our testimony, our sign, our proof OF the unseen. Seen of men and testified of. He (the showing visibility even in the word of two witnesses OT and NT speak of that which is unseen) made visible to man in the Son: expelling every vain imagination. It has to line up with what God showed in the Son: 1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Man can beat you with their bibles and pull out verses to condemn you to hell and spit on you and reject you and tower over you in superiority but what do you see in “he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then , Shew us the Father?”
Let me refer you to a link here.
Testimonies of Former Christians

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some Christians there.

Because we are sinful, God is not. You are trying to equate yourself to God, which is not possible.

Let me ask you this; who decides what is moral? What is morality? Morality unless based in Scriptures is purely subjective.

Perhaps you could answer my question. What is morality? How does one know what is moral and what is not? If morality is not based on God or the Scriptures, what then is morality?

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Perhaps you could answer my question. What is morality? How does one know what is moral and what is not? If morality is not based on God or the Scriptures, what then is morality?
That's hard to say since most of our moral ideas are belief based, and impressed on us by our parents and society. There may be no objective morality, especially if we are constantly learning and evolving.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's hard to say since most of our moral ideas are belief based, and impressed on us by our parents and society. There may be no objective morality, especially if we are constantly learning and evolving.

Then is it wrong to kill? Or steal?

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends how you look at it, ever squished a bug before because it could be dangerous?

Yes, but the bug does not have moral capacity, where as humans do. If I want to go stab someone, and I think it is completely moral, should I be arrested for it? If morality is subjective, why have prisons?

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Yes, but the bug does not have moral capacity, where as humans do. If I want to go stab someone, and I think it is completely moral, should I be arrested for it? If morality is subjective, why have prisons?
If you have moral compactly why did you squish the bug?

Fear and lack of understanding, two things which cause our moral compass to spin.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have moral compactly why did you squish the bug?

Fear and lack of understanding, two things which cause our moral compass to spin.

Here's the problem. I would say I squished the bug because God gave man dominion over the Earth do subdue it, but you wouldn't believe that. Let the record show I did indeed answer your question

However, seeing as though the life of a bug is much less important than the life of a human, could you please answer my question?

So, if we just weren't afraid of the killer and tried to understand him that would somehow make his action more moral?

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Here's the problem. I would say I squished the bug because God gave man dominion over the Earth do subdue it, but you wouldn't believe that. Let the record show I did indeed answer your question

However, seeing as though the life of a bug is much less important than the life of a human, could you please answer my question?

So, if we just weren't afraid of the killer and tried to understand him that would somehow make his action more moral?
No, the person whos doing something to harm others (like being judgmental) is most likely threatened by that person and lacks understanding them.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the person whos doing something to harm others (like being judgmental) is most likely threatened by that person and lacks understanding them.

This still doesn't answer the question; should he be in jail if his morals say he did nothing wrong?