Alive Unto God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What relationship to God if you continue to have no power over sin?
Well, if you were to look at what I've written, you will see this is nothing about what I'm talking about. If you wish to misrepresent me, then that's on you.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if you were to look at what I've written, you will see this is nothing about what I'm talking about. If you wish to misrepresent me, then that's on you.

Much love!

I'm not misrepresenting you. Maybe you need to be clearer as to what constitutes a relationship with God, and how to maintain it.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy,

The one thing I'd like most to express in this thread is that in all of those times, we are NEVER separated from God. He is always with us, our lives are always now "alive unto God", that is, everything I do is right in front of Him, nothing is hid, nothing overlooked, and He loves us!

We never ever need be afraid of Him, because we are unhappy with ourselves. He receives us in Christ, and He understands EVERYTHING about us. And still loves us!

Much love!

Amen Marks,
yes, God is not sitting is a swivel chair, one moment we are in fellowship with Him, then if we "do something we shouldn't" He suddenly swivels away from us cause He is mad at us, lol. There are always obedient, not so obedient and some in between children of His, but He loves us all despite all of that. He knows who are His :)

I still shake my head as to why He loves us! All Christians need to grab hold of this truth ASAP, IMHO. It is not an easy concept to receive, especially for some who do not like themselves much. And, Thank God for the faith He has given to us so that we WILL believe it! How can we not?? Has He ever left us bereft? No. "with food and clothes" we should be content. That faith builds like a muscle! The more we pray and watch Him work, in ways we could never, ever see coming but we trust Him, and REST in belief without doubting, that He takes care of all things and no matter what...we can have that "Peace that surpasses all understanding" 'knowing' that He has the control anyhow and wouldn't we always want to have His PERFECT will in our lives? I sure do..."lean not..." "The way of man..." "Acknowledge Him in ALL your ways..."
He most certainly does and will make our paths straight when we do as He wishes.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 16
31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Jesus told the disciples they would all leave Him, but He wouldn't be alone, because the Father is with Him.

To live as one alive from among the dead is to have this testimony, I am never alone, because the Father is with me.

The disciples were with Jesus, and the Father is with Jesus, and is the Father's presence in our lives somehow less real than the people around us?

If we lose our focus on our reconciliation, we can forget.

Jeremiah, Isaiah, both spoke of "our sins that testify against us". Who will we listen to? Our sense of guilt and shame and self-condemnation? Or God, Who tells us that in Christ we are dead to sin, and alive unto Himself?

One is the voice of sight, the other the voice of faith.

I like @Nancy 's analogy, God's not in a swivel chair! He doesn't turn away from us even when we turn away from ourselves! Our relationship with Him is not based on our perceptions of ourselves, If I think I'm guilty, I don't get to be with Him, if I think I'm obedient, I do. Paul wrote he doesn't judge himself, he let's Jesus do that when He comes again.

No, the truth is, dead in Christ means we are alive unto God. Our loving and all powerful Father and Creator is here with us, all the time, to share His life and His love. And it can be to us according to our faith.

Much love!

Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3
1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

We are now the sons of God. We know that when we see Him, we will be like Him. And whoever has this as their expectation of what will happen, purifies himself, just like Jesus is pure.

We see this pattern all over.

We are His children.
He will fully sanctify us, and fully transform us.
Because we know this, we also purify ourselves.

We purify ourselves based on the sure knowledge that He will fully make us like Jesus, and that we are even now, even though we not be fully sanctified, still we are His children.

God, Who justifies the ungodly.

People may demand perfection from us, may even say, if we sin, we're not reborn. But God's Word is clear.

Whoever has this expectation . . . not . . . has purified themself, as if our self-image somehow equals assurance of salvation. No, our assurance of our reconciliation to God is not based on our self-image. Whether you claim sinlessness or not, the fact is, we simply don't know ourselves well enough. If we claim sinlessness, we simply put our ignorance on display.

But then, the Christian life isn't about "sin sniffing", as they say, it's about living alive in Christ, alive unto God, alive to our Loving Creator, Who gave Himself to redeem us.

Focus on the sins . . . but we're dead to sin. Focus on God . . . as those alive from the dead, alive unto God.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him