1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured All the ELECT please stand up

Discussion in 'Christian Debate Forum' started by CNKW3, Jun 9, 2019.

1. GodsGrace

GodsGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Italy
    Very true.
    Kind of like Islam...
    God decides all...so what will be will be; no responsibility.

Good point.

2. CNKW3

CNKW3 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    i don’t deny. It’s a true statement. But NOWHERE does he say this is about certain specific individuals like you. Many are called by the gospel but few will accept and obey thereby becoming one of the elect. Jesus himself said the road and gate to eternal life is narrow and FEW will go in.

John 15 was spoken directly to the apostles. It was not meant for all mankind.

God is coming to punish who? Who is God going to punish? 2 thes 1:7,8 tells us. Do you care to answer?
    Romans 6:17-18 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
    Who was made free from sin? Those who obeyed from the heart!!

Young’s literal translation disagrees....Your souls having purified in the obedience of the truth through the Spirit
    Souls are purified through obedience.

Mounce disagrees....Since you have purified · your souls by · obedience to the truth
    Souls are purified through obedience.
    These are direct translations from the Greek. Do you have some scholarship we all need to know about?

He didn’t disagree. The apostle Peter was there and fully understood that the promise was made directly to them. Just like acts 1:4,8

of course he does. When one obeys the conditions laid out in his word of truth they will be purified by the blood.

One has to obey in order to be born again. If not then everyone would be born again and Jn 3:5 would make no sense.

3. CNKW3

CNKW3 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Why are you trying to quote Paul (poorly) adding words to the passage and using it as if it applies to you? You didn’t call for the jewish leaders! You didn’t appeal to Caesar! God never called you to speak to you! This is nonsense.
    I know you can’t find what you believe in the Bible. That’s a fact.
    But I knew you wouldn’t be able to show me anything to prove you are one of the elect.

4. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Didn't you know that Ebersoehn means "elect"?:cool:

5. FollowHim

FollowHim Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Exactly. I was trying to share with some muslims about that God gave us emotions to respond
    appropriately to and channel things in the right way. They rejected this idea outright. If you felt
    a particular way that was Gods will, so it was wrong to deal with another way. Funnily they also
    contradicted this idea, because you choose to do Hallel permited things and avoid Haram not
    permitted things, therefore exersing free will separate from Gods will.

The absurdity is if one has a moral code, free will and choice are there and guilt is taken
    as a given. For me this is a classic situation where a belief system takes over someones perspective
    and abuses it, when in truth the opposite should be taking place. The belief system should be changed
    to reflect reality, not change how you see reality to reflect the belief system because that way is madness.

GodsGrace likes this.
  6. GerhardEbersoehn

GerhardEbersoehn Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    South Africa
    You are far, far, too superior to and for, me. Give me a break, I very seldom enjoy the privilege of a moment of indulgence, especially when it's in spirituality.

7. GerhardEbersoehn

Faith:
    Christian
    South Africa
    If it were not that and for God who <<picked whom He liked>>, I KNOW I would and DO not have an ice ball's hope in hell to have become one of His CHOSEN, saved ones. O the noise the noisome make! If God had not been merciful to ME, A SINNER, I would have given up faith, hope, and love for anyone claiming salvation, first of all for salvation of myself, but for anyone else ... for everyone in this ugly discourse included, JUST SO SURELY.

8. GodsGrace

Faith:
    Christian
    Italy
    Here's a moment of spiritual joy for you:

You, and every other human, has the opportunity to become one of the chosen.
    God is merciful to every single human alive...He loves His utmost creation...man.
    no use to give up faith, hope and love....

All one has to do is believe on Jesus for their salvation.
    Just like the jailer said in Acts 16:30-31

John 3:16 tells us that WHOEVER may come to God and become saved.

Jesus gave the Great Commission in Mathew 28:19 to the Apostles.
    He told them to go into all the world and preach and teach and baptize.

Why would Jesus do this if He knew GOD picked who will be saved?
    There would have been no reason to.

You can be joyful that God loves all and would want for all to be saved,,,
    BUT not all accept His condition: BELIEF and OBEDIENCE.

Easy as 1, 2, 3.

Jesus said He would draw ALL men to Himself.
    John 12:32

God revealed Himself to man from the beginning of time...
    so that NO ONE would be WITHOUT EXCUSE...
    Romans 1:19-20

Being without excuse means that EACH PERSON had/has the chance to accept God or deny God.

Glory to God Only.

9. CNKW3

CNKW3 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I’ll ask again....what did you do to become one of the elect? If it’s “nothing” (which is what it seems you are saying) then you are not one of the elect.

GodsGrace likes this.
  10. Kermos

Kermos Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    We believers obey God living by the faith of the Son of God (Galatians 2:20) thus we obey by the control of the love of Christ Jesus Who is the Power of God (2 Corinthians 5:14, 1 Corinthians 1:24). All this by God's Grace for God's Glory!

Paul's recorded words in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8 are in agreement with what I've cited above.

BELIEF DEFINED BY LORD JESUS: Lord Jesus said belief in Jesus whom the Father sent is the work of God (John 6:29).

God makes a person believe and obey, and it is joy for we believers in our Lord Jesus Christ who has come in the flesh and is now in glory at the right hand of the Father in heaven! We redeemed have been released from all bondage, all work, for any good work is the work of God - fruit of the Spirit!

We vessels of mercy rest in Christ!

Your confusion is that you deny the Power of God. God know the individuals to be saved from the foundation of the world, for it is written "written in the book of life from the foundation of the world" (Revelation 17:8) and "nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Revelation 21:27).

THERE IS NO LEVEL THAT A PERSON CAN CHOOSE LORD JESUS BECAUSE HE SAID "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME, BUT I CHOSE YOU" (JOHN 15:16) - JESUS, BEING GOD, DID NOT PROVIDE ANY EXCEPTION FOR CHOOSING TOWARD JESUS.

11. Kermos

Kermos Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You and your freewillian colleagues are in error about who God is. God is sovereignly in control of specifically who the elect are even knowing in advance even having the elect walk in good fruit. The elect are the chosen of God.

BELIEF DEFINED BY LORD JESUS: Lord Jesus said belief in Jesus whom the Father sent is the work of God (John 6:29).

The ones who come to Lord Jesus HEAR Jesus because Jesus opened the our formerly blind eyes (John 9) and our formerly deaf ears (Matthew 11:5) and He breaths Life into the dead (John 14:6, Matthew 11:5). God at work in people is why people come to Jesus.

Matthew 11:5 contains part of Jesus' response to John the baptist's disciples. I mention this due to the relation to John 3:26 which you mentioned.

Romans 1:19-20 has nothing to do with "choosing" Jesus. That is more of your deceit.

THERE IS NO LEVEL THAT A PERSON CAN CHOOSE LORD JESUS BECAUSE HE SAID "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME, BUT I CHOSE YOU" (JOHN 15:16) - JESUS, BEING GOD, DID NOT PROVIDE ANY EXCEPTION FOR CHOOSING TOWARD JESUS.

12. Kermos

Kermos Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Wrong again, GodsGrace, the whoever is not flippant, promiscuous. The "who ever" (the Greek shows it as two words) is specific to we that have the work of God which is to believe in Jesus Whom the Father has sent - God's work in us. According to you, you do not have the work of God, that is faith, in you because you say you "chose" Jesus, Lord and God.

13. Kermos

Kermos Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You are SO insulting to God with your veiled question's attempt to pulverize the meaning of Jesus' words - it is putrid.

The Holy Spirit is required to understand what Lord Jesus was saying as He taught we believers to pray.

You say you deliver yourself by your choice toward your false god - that false god cannot be Lord Jesus because He said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16).

Lord Jesus says that God delivers (Matthew 6:13).

14. GodsGrace

Faith:
    Christian
    Italy
    You're a very insulting person.
    Even to God.

15. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Great verses there!

I do love John's First Epistle.

16. GerhardEbersoehn

Faith:
    Christian
    South Africa
    Thanks for the post, it's a gem. I'm saving it, be sure. I just love it! Boy I do. Man o man no man (or woman) CAN HELP TO BETRAY AND EXPOSE his or her true inner SELF, but deny self or keep it secret, never! Not even you could or can, dear <God's Grace> se voet!

17. Kermos

Kermos Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Woe to you free willians being like Uzzah who reached out irreverently for the Ark of the Covenant followed by God striking Uzzah down dead (2 Samuel 6:6-7), you free willians that reached out irreverently for/claim to choose Lord Jesus Who said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16), woe to you free willians that practice the sin of claiming the opposite of the Lord Jesus' words!

Prior posted 'woe to you free willers' (in this thread)

Proofs of God's Sovereignty In Man's Salvation and Freewiller's Distortions of Scripture includng the Lord Jesus' words of "you did not choose me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) (in this thread)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  18. GerhardEbersoehn

Faith:
    Christian
    South Africa
    Easy as 1, 2, 3?
    Would Jesus draw ALL men to ANOTHER THAN Himself?

For the same reason and by the same logic as <easy as 1, 2, 3>, Would Jesus draw ALL men OTHER THAN ALL THOSE He draws to Himself?

Jesus does NOT draw all men to Himself, He offends most; and to most men Jesus is offensive.

Jesus does NOT draw all men to Himself, but ONLY all men He draws to Himself -- HE NEVER FAILS; He successfully draws THEM ALL to Himself WHOM ALL He draws to Himself.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  19. GodsGrace

Faith:
    Christian
    Italy
    How does what I say expose anything?

To God Be the Glory.

20. GodsGrace

Faith:
    Christian
    Italy
    God AND Jesus draw ALL men to Themselves.

I know you have a problem with the word
    ALL

But it's a simple word and it means ALL
    in any language you wish to speak
    todos
    tutti
    toute

Please see also Roman 1:19-20 God has ALWAYS drawn ALL to Himself so that ALL have the opportunity to ACCEPT Him or REJECT Him,,,,and in this way NO ONE can say they were not given a chance and NO ONE is without EXCUSE if they DO NOT CHOOSE GOD and are lost...they cannot complain upon their judgement after death.

The point is:

We must ACCEPT or REJECT GOD.

We are given a CHOICE, since we have FREE WILL.
    Deuteronomy 30:19
    Pilemon 1:14
    Galatians 5:13
    John 7:17

Perhaps you'd like to exegete those instead of insulting those who do not believe as you do.