all who hate me love death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Holy999

Dead people walking around today love where they are...in death... and Jesus describes where they are here:

"But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.' Matt 8:22

They all arrived there as the offspring of dead people:

"But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die." Gen 3:3

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." Gen 3:6

And so they were dead and every man has been dead from his natural birth to a dead mother... but then:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Reactions: Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is an awesome proverb, the whole proverb itself vitalizes my soul. should you live by every word spoken there, you will never disappoint the Lord your God.

in context:

Pro 8:35  For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD. 
Pro 8:36  But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. 

its the same old same old, God's Judgement is Life, and any other is death, because its not life. hence, surly it is wise to honor God's Judgement of what is good and evil for you. he who waits and listens shall reap wisdom knowledge and understanding, he who listens to himself, shall die.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen