Am I the only one on the planet who understands Romans 7?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I miss something? What verse in Romans 8?
Look, Paul said he picked up his cross daily.
Paul also said walk in the spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Paul also said to the Corinthians I would to give you meat, but I have to give you milk because you are carnal.
Now I wonder what that means that they were carnal?
Gee there's two ways to walk isn't there ?
I can walk Carnally, or I can walk in maturity and in the spirit.
I got a choice ....that's my choice. that's why Paul said I pick up my cross daily .
what's he crucifying????
you know, the the point he's making is not a wooden Beam with another wooden beam across it .
he's saying I have to die.
What is he dying to?
He is dying to his flesh if you want to call it "the sin nature" then call it "the sin nature" .
I've never called it the sin nature.
I've called it the flesh ...the part of me that veers off the path.
The part of me that defects from walking in the spirit.
The part of me that chooses to sin.
I don't know if you've ever read pilgrims progress, but you would get some definition out of that book.
it would show you clearly, very clearly, that when we sin as Christians, we get off the path
Pilgrim's Progress is the life of the believer before the cross, at the cross , and after the cross, in their walk with the Lord.
you should really read that book I think it will help you because you are very confused sir.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look, Paul said he picked up his cross daily.
Paul also said walk in the spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Paul also said to the Corinthians I would to give you meat, but I have to give you milk because you are carnal.
Now I wonder what that means that they were carnal?
Gee there's two ways to walk isn't there ?
I can walk Carnally, or I can walk in maturity and in the spirit.
I got a choice ....that's my choice. that's why Paul said I pick up my cross daily .
what's he crucifying????
you know, the the point he's making is not a wooden Beam with another wooden beam across it .
he's saying I have to die.
What is he dying to?
He is dying to his flesh if you want to call it "the sin nature" then call it "the sin nature" .
I've never called it the sin nature.
I've called it the flesh ...the part of me that veers off the path.
The part of me that defects from walking in the spirit.
The part of me that chooses to sin.
I don't know if you've ever read pilgrims progress, but you would get some definition out of that book.
it would show you clearly, very clearly, that when we sin as Christians, we get off the path
Pilgrim's Progress is the life of the believer before the cross, at the cross , and after the cross, in their walk with the Lord.
you should really read that book I think it will help you because you are very confused sir.
I have given this much thought as to why folks on here keep telling me Christians sin when they are walking in the flesh. That might be someone else's ministry but it's not mine. I never said it anywhere and yet so many keep saying I have. For the gazillionth time I don't sin in him. And it's the "in the spirit" or "in him" that nobody seems to get. I no longer try to get God or Jesus Christ to work with me or to get close to me. I now spend much of my time right inside the spirit as close as I can get right in their face. My first red flag that started me looking into how to do this was when I realized it's the Catholics that teach we are sinners. They teach us to look at ourselves and our sin. I teach that we should look at Christ and to walk in his spirit.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and to know that when paul said "walk in the spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh." , We see that when we sin we are OBVIOUSLY not in the spirit.
When you sin, you make a decision to do that.
That is NOT the spirit of God telling you to sin, neither are you led by the spirit to do that.
You place yourself as a deity and have no need for the daily cleansing by the blood of Jesus.
And according to 1 john, THE WORD OF GOD declares anyone who says they are without sin is a liar and the love of God is not within him.
You are here to promote yourself and elevate yourself as a sinless guru that NEVER sins and has no need for the cleansing blood.
You teach to look at ourselves and our sin.
The Devil teaches the same.

I teach to look at Christ and his righteousness.
God teaches the same.

We are as he is. We are as righteousness as God
"in him"

1 John 4:17
... as he is, so are we in this world.

2 Corinthians 5:21
... we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
100% irrelevant.

Just more gibberish, esoteric gnosticism; using words imbued with mysticism.

Proper laws are objective and violations are objectively determined. People not imbued with the Spirit also don't murder. So, you're making a distinction without a difference. Talking about potential is irrelevant. Actual action is where it is at.

Did you even read my reference to Christ's law? The idea that God's will (aka, "the law)) does not apply to Christians is absurd. This is why James informs us that faith without action is dead. Proper human law simply prohibits action. Moral law both, prohibits some action and compels other action. It is inescapable for every life form.

Failure to comply equally applies to all, death.
I no longer try to get God or Jesus Christ to work with me or to get close to me. I now spend much of my time right inside the spirit as close as I can get right in their face. My first red flag that started me looking into how to do this was when I realized it's the Catholics that teach we are sinners. They teach us to look at ourselves and our sin. I teach that we should look at Christ and to walk in his spirit.

Reactions: Wrangler

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelievable! This is where Christians lose people rather than complete our divine appointment to bring others to Christ!

I showed how the law - properly and pragmatically defined - applies to Christians and non-Christians alike. You insist on using the phrase "the law" as code words imbued with mysticism.

There you go again, doubling down on esoteric gnosticism to make a point that doesn't make a difference. Because the jurisdiction of Lithuania and Israel does not apply does NOT mean God's will does not apply to you. It does.
With your Law comes sin. I don't see sin in the Bible for the Christian walking in the new man that we are told to put on.

God teaches the same.

"in him"

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God teaches the same.

"in him"

Nope
You made that up completely.
I never ever think like that

In fact, back up your false accusation

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God teaches the same.

"in him"

Nothing of your post is relevant.
Everyone here is in agreement with those verses.
When you are cornered by verses that disprove your deity of your sinlessness you deflect in circular assumptions

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I no longer try to get God or Jesus Christ to work with me or to get close to me. I now spend much of my time right inside the spirit as close as I can get right in their face. My first red flag that started me looking into how to do this was when I realized it's the Catholics that teach we are sinners. They teach us to look at ourselves and our sin. I teach that we should look at Christ and to walk in his spirit.
Everyone who knows of the 2 natures ( you deny) ,agrees with your declaration of looking to Jesus and spending time with him.
You have yet to agree with pauls dying to his flesh.
By pretending it is not there means absolutely nothing

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE; ""I have given this much thought as to why folks on here keep telling me Christians sin when they are walking in the flesh""

WE see paul crucifying what you claim you do not have.

Your error is in not comprehending the need to crucify the flesh.
As paul and every believer has the need to do....except for you deity types

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With your Law comes sin. I don't see sin in the Bible for the Christian walking in the new man that we are told to put on.
Really? Why do we have to forgive other believers then?

I’m afraid you are stuck on using loaded words and phrases, imbuing them with mystical significance AND appealing to Circular Reasoning as shown in red. You allow yourself no rejection criteria. Same as OSAS folks.

If Christians sin, then they weren’t ‘born again’ or as you say NOT “walking in the new man that we are told to put on.”

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Why do we have to forgive other believers then?

I’m afraid you are stuck on using loaded words and phrases, imbuing them with mystical significance AND appealing to Circular Reasoning as shown in red. You allow yourself no rejection criteria. Same as OSAS folks.

If Christians sin, then they weren’t ‘born again’ or as you say NOT “walking in the new man that we are told to put on.”
You assume not forgiving believers is sin. May I have the verse that says Christians are to forgive believers? We have no idea what verses Paul is addressing to the babes in Christ since most Christians want to follow everyone of those babe in Christ verses. And so when I a mature believer comes around with the meat of the Word I'm often torn down by the babes wanting me to come back down to their level. I already forgave all the believers. I did it in the spirit.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone who knows of the 2 natures ( you deny) ,agrees with your declaration of looking to Jesus and spending time with him.
You have yet to agree with pauls dying to his flesh.
By pretending it is not there means absolutely nothing
I'm not looking to Jesus. I live right inside the spirit as close as I can get right in their face. Both the Christ and God. What verse am I pretending means absolutely nothing. Some Romans verse? What's the verse?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing of your post is relevant.
Everyone here is in agreement with those verses.
When you are cornered by verses that disprove your deity of your sinlessness you deflect in circular assumptions
You lost me. Are we no longer talking about the Bible, but instead we are now talking about me?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope
You made that up completely.
I never ever think like that

In fact, back up your false accusation
Back it up? Well, the Catholics teach that we should look at ourselves and our sin. What part of this do you not do? I put out that we should walk in him and you come back with what about us and our sin. To accuse the believer of their sin is what the Catholics and the Devil do. Now where have I not gotten this correct?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You assume not forgiving believers is sin.
No, I'm not assuming that at all in this context (although it is a sin).

What I'm doing is recognizing the logical implication that IF fellow believers need to be forgiven, it is they who must have sinned.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I have the verse that says Christians are to forgive believers?

I already forgave all the believers. I did it in the spirit.
Peter, you are all over the place. Given, that you already forgave others in the Spirit, why do you place the burden on me to show the verse? You are already convicted.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter, you are all over the place. Given, that you already forgave others in the Spirit, why do you place the burden on me to show the verse? You are already convicted.
I walk in the spirit. Not the Spirit. The Spirit is God. The spirit is what's inside of us.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lost me. Are we no longer talking about the Bible, but instead we are now talking about me?
You are talking nonstop about you.
Back it up? Well, the Catholics teach that we should look at ourselves and our sin. What part of this do you not do? I put out that we should walk in him and you come back with what about us and our sin. To accuse the believer of their sin is what the Catholics and the Devil do. Now where have I not gotten this correc
Re read your post.
You accused me of not being like you.
But seems your answers of late have nothing to do with actually reading for comprehension and answering directly

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm not assuming that at all in this context (although it is a sin).

What I'm doing is recognizing the logical implication that IF fellow believers need to be forgiven, it is they who must have sinned.
You assume. I can get under your skin as it appears I'm doing now and you later might forgive me and yet I have not sinned by telling you the truth.

Romans 3:21
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Justify: To set forth as righteous, to justify by a judicial act. By a judicial decision to free a man from his guilt (which stands in the way of his being right) and to represent him as righteous.

Romans 5:1
Therefore being justified by ["by" is the Greek word "ek" meaning "from out of"] faith, we have peace with God through [through is the Greek word "dia" meaning "proceeding from"] our Lord Jesus Christ:

Most of the New Testament deals with the new covenant in this our Grace administration that started on the day of Pentecost. God’s justification and how it cannot be earned is clearly written all throughout the New Testament. And yet most of us believe by way of our actions that we somehow need to find a way within our own thinking on how to justify ourselves. We put the emphasis on ourselves so we become centered, the subject, and God the object. We become the doer, the giver, and God becomes the one done for, or the receiver. For justification we believe in human nature, believing we are able by our own effort, by our own works, by our own ethical and moral achievements to please God, and attain righteousness. We then try to seek God, attempting to discover God by our unaided intellect.

We need to understand the emphasis is on God, who is central, the subject, and we are the object because of what God made available to Jesus Christ, which allowed him to have the bond that created the relationship between him and God. God becomes the doer, the giver, and we are the one done for, the recipient. Truth is to not have faith in human nature because human nature is basically sinful and helpless to please God. Truth is God seeking us, and this is God’s revelation of Himself to anyone who will let Him be known to them. We are justified from out of faith, and we already have peace with God, proceeding from our Lord Jesus Christ. We have this justification freely because God’s justification cost Him His only begotten Son, and this is why we cannot earn it from our own achievements. We have it because of God’s grace and because of the redemption that is within the risen and living Christ. It's not what we do, it's what we have—it's who we are.

Justification is the relationship between God and His people because it deals with the covenant of God and how He has taken what was broken by sin and made it right. The word “justify” means literally “to make just” or “to make right” just like if you have never sinned. To enter a covenant with another entailed obligations upon both of the parties. The ones who were faithful to the obligation and maintained the covenant were the ones who were justified. In the case of the covenant between God and His people is where we see God’s obligation is in the defense of His people. Our obligation is to obey the will of God as disclosed in the “gospel of Jesus Christ” that is written to the “body of Christ” in this time period of the Grace administration. To be justified is an act of God because He has made us justified, and His justification is shown by His saving acts.

The results of the resurrection of Christ and God making the new Christ justified had resulted in Christians finding themselves in a right relationship with God, who has established this “new covenant.” Justification has not come about because of anything believers are capable of achieving on their own. The power and mercy of God alone has established this new relationship, and this is why the believer’s role is simply to believe and accept. Justification deals with the relationship between God and Christ in the bond of the covenant between them, which started when God raised Jesus Christ out from among the dead. Justification is made available to us because it's Christ Jesus, who has this covenant with God and thereby has complete liberation from the nature of sin. We have this changeover from the state of injustice to the state of justice, from being the accused to being declared innocent because of this personal relationship Jesus Christ has with God.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I walk in the spirit. Not the Spirit. The Spirit is God. The spirit is what's inside of us.
Ok
O kinda knew you didn't know what you were talking about. You have no basic understanding of walking in the Spirit. That is WHY YOU GOT OFF TRACK.
Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Galatians 5:18
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Galatians 5:25
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

I know you are trying to make it look like you are knowledgeable.
You are not.
And you have been proven wrong over and over.
That is WHY you answer my posts with slick sidesteps