America--a Boiling Cauldron

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Yep, and apparently your "interpretation" is to disregard Jesus' FINAL INSTRUCTIONS before going to the Garden to be arrested, beaten, and crucified.

Some people say they obey - and don't; others say they won't - and do. (Ref. Matt. 21:29-30) -- The REWARD is in the latter.
Bobby Jo

So, Bobby Jo, are you taking your purse and bag? Did you sell your mantle and buy a sword??

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, brother. :rolleyes: Bobby Jo, can you give it a rest? Jesus "instructions" are to walk in wisdom and know the times and the seasons. And you are about to prove to this entire community you didn't know much in "about 6 to 11 months."

Keep attacking sisters like this who should be treated a lot better, and you will alienate yourself from this entire community, and for good reason.
I must admit, HiH, I have rarely been defended by anyone in such a wonderful manner as you just did. Thank you.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As Christians, we need to be careful not to fight hate with hate. We need to show the love of Jesus more than ever!!! I'm praying for revival!

It is not easy at all, because frankly many times we have nothing in common. On what you wrote I think we running toward the second American Civil War

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not easy at all, because frankly many times we have nothing in common. On what you wrote I think we running toward the second American Civil War
There may be a second civil war; I pray that there will NOT!

What we have in common with the anarchists is that before we came to Jesus, we were just as lost as they are. We may not have rebelled outwardly like they do, but we rebelled against God inwardly, in our hearts.

We really need to be praying for those who are trying to destroy our nation. They need Jesus!

Reactions: historyb

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Bobby Jo, are you taking your purse and bag? Did you sell your mantle and buy a sword??

I have a "Purse" with which I make the necessary purchases of FOOD, FUEL, MEDICINE, and ESSENTIALS; I have a "Bag" where I have all my purchases, which is a cabin; and I have a "Sword" which I can use to protect ourselves.

Conversely, some Christians are too stubborn to leave their Cities, and they will have a different FUTURE. -- And they'll probably blame GOD instead of accepting responsibility for their disobedience ...
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We really need to be praying for those who are trying to destroy our nation. They need Jesus!

They may need Jesus, but they'll receive the same judgement as in Noah's day.

Just plan not to be there when it happens, lest you share in their judgement:

Rev. 17:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;

And in case you haven't noticed, it's already moving in that direction.
Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a "Purse" with which I make the necessary purchases of FOOD, FUEL, MEDICINE, and ESSENTIALS; I have a "Bag" where I have all my purchases, which is a cabin; and I have a "Sword" which I can use to protect ourselves.

Conversely, some Christians are too stubborn to leave their Cities, and they will have a different FUTURE. -- And they'll probably blame GOD instead of accepting responsibility for their disobedience ...
Bobby Jo
Who says I haven't prepared for catastrophe as much as I can? You didn't even ask me before blasting me with your judgment.

You should count your blessings that you can afford to buy a cabin and other things. Not all of us can. But I know that God will protect me as He is the protector and defender of the widow. :)

Just so you know, right now, I'm exactly where God wants me to be. If He chooses to move me and my family, I'm willing to go wherever He tells me to go. I know that He will provide the means to get there.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who says I haven't prepared for catastrophe as much as I can? ...

Many Jews perished under the conquest of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar, and I expect that many Christians will perish under the persecution of the Tribulation. So all we can do is BE AWARE OF THE CONSEQUENCES and make the BEST DECISIONS POSSIBLE. And it may mean either perishing or preserving. -- But I don't want you blood my head for not having warned you! :)

And as far as Jesus preserving us, he's already told us that while HE was on earth WE HAD HIS PRESERVATION. But now that HE's departed, we need to see to our own needs and safety.
Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as far as Jesus preserving us, he's already told us that while HE was on earth WE HAD HIS PRESERVATION. But now that HE's departed, we need to see to our own needs and safety.

We can do whatever God shows us and gives us the means to do, but we cannot preserve ourselves. You had better place your trust in God and not in yourself! This is my friendly warning to you. :)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...we cannot preserve ourselves. ...

Then why did Jesus tell us to take our Purse, a Bag, and buy a Sword? -- Is Jesus provoking us to tears by asserting something we can't do, or shouldn't do?

Is Scripture WRONG, or do you simply reject it?
Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why did Jesus tell us to take our Purse, a Bag, and buy a Sword? -- Is Jesus provoking us to tears by asserting something we can't do, or shouldn't do?

Is Scripture WRONG, or do you simply reject it?
Bobby Jo
You can do those things, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they will preserve you. Personally, I hope to be outa here before God begins to pour out His wrath on the whole earth in the apocalyptic proportions we see in Revelation. I hesitate to say this because I really don't want this thread to turn into a pre-, mid-, post-....trib debate.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can do those things, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they will preserve you. Personally, I hope to be outa here before God begins to pour out His wrath on the whole earth in the apocalyptic proportions we see in Revelation. I hesitate to say this because I really don't want this thread to turn into a pre-, mid-, post-....trib debate.

Well, if you expect to "bypass" the Tribulation, -- you're about 28 months too late, having some 14 months of the 42 remaining. OR another way of looking at things, we should expect the final approx. 6 months to be VERY DIFFICULT, so you have some 8 months to use your Purse, to equip your Bag, and purchase a Sword.

So don't delay.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're on IGNORE, for good reason. So keep rejecting what GOD warns, and enjoy your REWARD.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo, you can run from me all you want to, but the truth is going to catch up to you eventually, regardless.

When it does, it is going to reveal two things to this community:
1. You teach what can only be described as quack eschatology, and
2. You insult Christians on a regular basis.

Both are the qualities of someone who professes to hear from God yet walks in blatant disobedience to Him. I wish this were not the case, but it is, and I have a duty before God to make it known to anyone reading your posts, roughly 90% of which are either false or insulting or both, and thus (sadly) not worth reading.

I'm saddened by your present spiritual state, but I do hope and pray you recover yourself.

In Christ,
Hidden In Him

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo, you can run from me all you want ...

RUN?!? I ain't runn'in from nobody. I'm only IGNORING people who are content in their ignorance and stupidity, -- as the saying goes: Ignorance can be cured, but stupidity is forever.

To prove the point, challenge me on anything in the Book of Daniel, or any other assertion I've made. -- I will GLADLY refute and disprove any FALSE DOCTRINE you present, -- and there's no shortage of your FALSE DOCTRINES.

Of course, you're not interested in the TRUTH of Scripture and History, because all you know is the lies from the HIRELINGS and/or commentators. And so you regurgitate their nonsense, and then slander others.

And I'd GLADLY start the conversation, but leave it to you just as any great general might leave the battlefield selection to a lessor general.
Bobby Jo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RUN?!? I ain't runn'in from nobody. I'm only IGNORING people who are content in their ignorance and stupidity, -- as the saying goes: Ignorance can be cured, but stupidity is forever.

To prove the point, challenge me...

Bobby Jo, you just proved #2. As for #1, it will bear itself out in time.

God bless, and take care of yourself. When you are proven wrong, just understand that while it is not the end of the world you need to be more responsible to others with what you teach. Those who fail to remain attached to the Head will concoct all sorts of false interpretations out of their own heads, but this is not what He has called us to do.

You will accuse me of not actually caring, but that's not the case at all. I truly hope you recover yourself from your errors, in a Spirit of love and hope.

Hidden

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...As for #1 ...

... and #2, -- you just proved yourself as the slanderer and coward who RUNS from the TRUTH. And so you DESERVE to be IGNORED.

... When you are proven wrong, ...
Bring a lunch, and someone who knows what they're talking about.

As I teach my young grandchildren before taking them to the school bus, and before they realize what they're saying to their mother: "Good bye, and good riddance."
Bobby Jo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To prove the point, challenge me on anything in the Book of Daniel,

I will ask the question for HIH

Who or what are the four winds of heaven in Daniel 7:2?

When asked this question previously, you have not been able to answer it. In fact you ran away from answering this question.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will ask the question for HIH

Who or what are the four winds of heaven in Daniel 7:2?

When asked this question previously, you have not been able to answer it. In fact you ran away from answering this question.

Not sure I would have asked anything, but blessings anyway.