America

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a huge difference ....

The US basing its laws on Biblical "PRINCIPLES",

and

Foreign nations basing their Political Laws equally with Religious Laws.

God Bless,
Taken
But remember also that the children had commandments directly from God through Moses and yet all but two of those adults saved out of Egypt died in the wilderness rather than entering into the Promised Land. The people of the United States is similar in many ways to those who died in the wilderness, are they not?

We may have a great Constitution and a great Bible, but how many go ahead and follow blind leaders into a ditch?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So Christians who believe the Bible supercedes the Constitutions are incapable of being American using the same reasoning?
It does not help anyone to compare apples and oranges.

First of all take some time to study the Quran, and secondly take some time to examine what is being said by Radical Muslims (including bin Laden and his disciples), and what ISIS was up to when they were trying to establish the Muslim Caliphate as ISIL (which was how Obama wanted to see them). Take some time to read what Erdogan in Turkey is saying, and what he is up to, and what the Mullahs and Ayotollahs of Iran believe. Then take some time to study and understand the meaning and scope of Jihad. It is not only terrorism but Muslim migrant invasion of the West, followed by running for office and influencing the politics and elections in Western nations.

Sadiq Khan, the Muslim mayor of London (!) has told the Brits to believe and accept the fact that terrorism is to become a NORMAL part of life in Great Britain.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...l-major-cities-new-york-bombing-a7322846.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same 'reasoning' doesn't count. The Bible and Christianity is the basis of Western Civilization. And America is a product of Western Civilizatation. She is not the product of islam or any other camel riding nations. Therefore the Christian who believes the Bible over the laws of man is in harmony with the origins of this country and the West.

The muslim is an invader to the West, and really, any other country he goes to. Even in the Arab countries muslims must try and make them an islamic state. It is easier for them to do there as islam was created for the Arab peoples by muhammad.

Just like with your 'reasoning', muslims like to twist and take advantage of the laws of the land. They enter on the basis of our 'freedom of religion' and no one can deny them because that would be against our Constitution. The only things is, islam is not a religion. It is a political state existing in your country with it's own religion.

Stranger

Of course it doesnt count.....it doesnt serve your best interest

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not help anyone to compare apples and oranges.

First of all take some time to study the Quran, and secondly take some time to examine what is being said by Radical Muslims (including bin Laden and his disciples), and what ISIS was up to when they were trying to establish the Muslim Caliphate as ISIL (which was how Obama wanted to see them). Take some time to read what Erdogan in Turkey is saying, and what he is up to, and what the Mullahs and Ayotollahs of Iran believe. Then take some time to study and understand the meaning and scope of Jihad. It is not only terrorism but Muslim migrant invasion of the West, followed by running for office and influencing the politics and elections in Western nations.

Sadiq Khan, the Muslim mayor of London (!) has told the Brits to believe and accept the fact that terrorism is to become a NORMAL part of life in Great Britain.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...l-major-cities-new-york-bombing-a7322846.html

Sure.....as soon as you take some time to study the OT

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it doesnt count.....it doesnt serve your best interest

The same reasoning doesn't count for the reasons I gave, which of course you ignore. And yes, to apply that reasoning to muslims, it does not serve my best interest as my interest is Christian and Bible believing America.

Which begs the question as to 'your' best interest. muslim? minority? Oh, I forgot...your Irish. Ok.

Stranger

Reactions: Taken

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same reasoning doesn't count for the reasons I gave, which of course you ignore. And yes, to apply that reasoning to muslims, it does not serve my best interest as my interest is Christian and Bible believing America.

Which begs the question as to 'your' best interest. muslim? minority? Oh, I forgot...your Irish. Ok.

Stranger

My interest is to love my neoghbor. All Americans are my neighbors. Loving people does not have to do with agreeing with their ideas, nor their violent behavior.

Reactions: Nancy

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't mention Freemasonary...
So what does that have to do with US LAWS BEING based on Biblical "Principles"?

Civilizations build monuments to their gods ......... DC is filled with freemason monuements......so where are the Christian monuments?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My interest is to love my neoghbor. All Americans are my neighbors. Loving people does not have to do with agreeing with their ideas, nor their violent behavior.

Then you need to repent for your hatred of Trump and his white supporters. Do you love them?

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you need to repent for your hatred of Trump and his white supporters. Do you love them?

Stranger

You have to have a relationship with people before you can truly love them. I do not serve the white supremacists in Charlotte, nor do I know and serve Trump personally. If I did have a relationship with them, i would serve them if I could.

I am enjoying how you have taken control of the conversation by imitating my confessor, while you avoid my question.......nicely done, perhaps FOX and Friends has a guest spot waiting for you

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to have a relationship with people before you can truly love them. I do not serve the white supremacists in Charlotte, nor do I know and serve Trump personally. If I did have a relationship with them, i would serve them if I could.

I am enjoying how you have taken control of the conversation by imitating my confessor, while you avoid my question.......nicely done, perhaps FOX and Friends has a guest spot waiting for you

Oh, in other words you don't love them. Then, I guess you can't go to heaven. You're the one who has made 'love' the determining factor of being a Christian or not. Not me.

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, in other words you don't love them. Then, I guess you can't go to heaven. You're the one who has made 'love' the determining factor of being a Christian or not. Not me.

Stranger

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them." Ephesians 4:2: “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." 1 Peter 4:8: “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them." Ephesians 4:2: “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." 1 Peter 4:8: “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

That doesn't answer my question.

Stranger

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but you are not even addressing the point wadr

Sure I did.

Some foreign nations have TWO high Offices.
One Political. One Religious.
They have a National Religion.
Political Laws must be in Compliance with Their National Religious Beliefs.

In the US we have no National Religion, and no counterpart Religious Official.
Our political Representatives are Subject to A Constitution ... Not a Religion ... for the purpose of enacting Laws ... to which the People can .... elect to be subject to... or not.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Civilizations build monuments to their gods ......... DC is filled with freemason monuements......

D.C. Is full of monuments and statues in honor and remembrance of men who Served The US.

They are not monuments and statues of gods, nor worshiped, nor called Freemason.

Your statement is weird.

so where are the Christian monuments?

Where are Christians told to erect monuments to God and bow before them or worship them?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? So you haven’t seen the Washington mounument? How about the layout for the early city? It is an ode to Freemasonry, which the founders admired and many were members

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure I did.

Some foreign nations have TWO high Offices.
One Political. One Religious.
They have a National Religion.
Political Laws must be in Compliance with Their National Religious Beliefs.

In the US we have no National Religion, and no counterpart Religious Official.
Our political Representatives are Subject to A Constitution ... Not a Religion ... for the purpose of enacting Laws ... to which the People can .... elect to be subject to... or not.

God Bless,
Taken
IMHO-getting so into "politics" and getting so extreem about it, is putting your faith in the cares of "this world". Vote your conscience yes, Pray for them, yes. Follow the laws of the land, yes. Faith in ANY of them? Nah...not this gal.

Reactions: Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Really? So you haven’t seen the Washington mounument? How about the layout for the early city? It is an ode to Freemasonry, which the founders admired and many were members

Very true...I read all about that once.
Also in France and England many of the formal gardens of Stately Homes , ( build in the 1600's - 1800's ) when looked at from the air are full of FreeMasonry symbols.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMHO-getting so into "politics" and getting so extreem about it, is putting your faith in the cares of "this world". Vote your conscience yes, Pray for them, yes. Follow the laws of the land, yes. Faith in ANY of them? Nah...not this gal.

I see your point. IMHO Trump is an exception. I rarely commented on politicans or politics before Trump. He is the greatest danger America has faced since WWII. We may not recover, depending on how eroded our confidence in instutitions becomes