Amillenialism and Acts 1:11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will physically sit on the throne of David in Jerusalem & reign for 1000 yrs after the Tribulation.

You think Christ is coming back to earth to set up shop and save the Jews?
What does Jeremiah say...
Jeremiah 22:28-30 Is this man Coniah a despised broken idol? is he a vessel wherein is no pleasure? wherefore are they cast out, he and his seed, and are cast into a land which they know not? O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the Lord. Thus saith the Lord, Write ye this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah.
Coniah is in the genealogy of Christ which means, because he is from the seed of coniah Christ cannot and will never rule on David’s throne in Jerusalem. So Christ is wasting his time coming back to earth. And your wasting your time preaching it.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you didn’t give any biblical examples of where I deny the word I guess we can say it is not “all over the place”.
Why is it any concern of mine as to who is one of God’s people? Crazy question if you think about it. How do you know who to preach the gospel too? If you don’t make certain judgements and determinations about people then how do you know who needs the gospel?
I have no animosity toward “jewish” people today. They are lost but I don’t have any ill feelings toward them. I have I’ll feelings about misleading false doctrine.
But, i have not responded to that comment you made to me, asking me to give you examples when I said you deny the word of God all over the place, that was a separate post, have patience, I haven't responded to that one yet. In the post you had replied to , had been responding to your post criticizing the Trumps or other Jews accusing them of not being Jewish- and again-- what business is it of yours? Where did God give the gentiles the job of spiritually or genetically determining the Jews? That is the Lord's business, the Bible says HE has a plan for their salvation & restoration, it is only up to us to give them the Gospel message & pray for them. As far as denying you have ill-will towards them but there's evidence to the contrary you stated, "Why don’t we all just become “jews” then we don’t have to worry about that Christ stuff. We don’t have to obey, we don’t have to follow him because we will be Gods special people.." <--this sounds like jealousy, resentment and animosity to me.
It is also evidence of animosity towards the Jews when you state that the Nation of Israel are not "real" Jews. Once again, what arrogance. Also, I did give reference to scripture in my prior post that you were responding to above - I referred to Romans 11 and once again you ignored it, this is the common characteristic in amillennialists I've found, the complete ignoring of scripture that doesn't agree with their opinions.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think Christ is coming back to earth to set up shop and save the Jews?
This is how you speak of your Lord? - seems rather imprudent in my opinion.

The Bible teaches that God keeps His pledge to Israel even through their times of apostasy because GOD is God and He is unchanging,faithful & full of grace.As Romans 11 says , & Apostle Paul teaches, they were set aside temporarily.
Romans 11:1 " 1 I ask then, did GOD Reject HIS people? ABSOLUTELY NOT! "
Romans 11:11 "I ask then, did they stumble so as to lose their share? Certainly not! However, because of their trespass, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous."
Romans 11: 25 " I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited-( Sounds to me like some gentile Christians have become conceited and ignorant of this mystery as Apostle Paul feared)
: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
“The Deliverer will come from Zion;

He will remove godlessness from Jacob.

27 And this is My covenant with them

when I take away their sins.”

28 Regarding the gospel, they are enemies on your account; BUT REGARDING ELECTION, THEY are LOVED on account of the patriarchs.
29 For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable."

Praise God that this is so, that God is not capricious, He is faithful, & keeps His word in this we know that He keeps His Promises to us.

Last edited:

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, i have not responded to that comment you made to me, asking me to give you examples when I said you deny the word of God all over the place, that was a separate post, have patience, I haven't responded to that one yet. In the post you had replied to , had been responding to your post criticizing the Trumps or other Jews accusing them of not being Jewish- and again-- what business is it of yours? Where did God give the gentiles the job of spiritually or genetically determining the Jews? That is the Lord's business, the Bible says HE has a plan for their salvation & restoration, it is only up to us to give them the Gospel message & pray for them. As far as denying you have ill-will towards them but there's evidence to the contrary you stated, "Why don’t we all just become “jews” then we don’t have to worry about that Christ stuff. We don’t have to obey, we don’t have to follow him because we will be Gods special people.." <--this sounds like jealousy, resentment and animosity to me.
It is also evidence of animosity towards the Jews when you state that the Nation of Israel are not "real" Jews. Once again, what arrogance. Also, I did give reference to scripture in my prior post that you were responding to above - I referred to Romans 11 and once again you ignored it, this is the common characteristic in amillennialists I've found, the complete ignoring of scripture that doesn't agree with their opinions.
I dealt with Romans 11. Go back and read it.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is how you speak of your Lord? - seems rather imprudent in my opinion.

The Bible teaches that God keeps His pledge to Israel even through their times of apostasy because GOD is God and He is unchanging,faithful & full of grace.As Romans 11 says , & Apostle Paul teaches, they were set aside temporarily.
Romans 11:1 " 1 I ask then, did GOD Reject HIS people? ABSOLUTELY NOT! "
Romans 11:11 "I ask then, did they stumble so as to lose their share? Certainly not! However, because of their trespass, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous."
Romans 11: 25 " I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited-( Sounds to me like some gentile Christians have become conceited and ignorant of this mystery as Apostle Paul feared)
: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
“The Deliverer will come from Zion;

He will remove godlessness from Jacob.

27 And this is My covenant with them

when I take away their sins.”

28 Regarding the gospel, they are enemies on your account; BUT REGARDING ELECTION, THEY are LOVED on account of the patriarchs.
29 For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable."

Praise God that this is so, that God is not capricious, He is faithful, & keeps His word in this we know that He keeps His Promises to us.

I’ve already dealt with this. Go back and read it. Israel is to be saved vs 26 IN THE SAME WAY as the gentiles. They will not be saved in a different way from the rest of humanity.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why give a “Jew” the gospel? You’ve already said God is gonna save them as promised. Why give them the gospel. Also there is not one “Jew” alive that can tell me what tribe they are from. Therefore they are not really “jews”.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why give a “Jew” the gospel? You’ve already said God is gonna save them as promised. Why give them the gospel. Also there is not one “Jew” alive that can tell me what tribe they are from. Therefore they are not really “jews”.
Wow there you go. Thanks, this is how you are making up your own doctrines and are showing yourself to be a bigoted Anti-Semitic.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve already dealt with this. Go back and read it. Israel is to be saved vs 26 IN THE SAME WAY as the gentiles. They will not be saved in a different way from the rest of humanity.
You don't even read the replies you just hear yourself only.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to give a wicked and ungodly nation that killed Jesus a pass.
You show you have no knowledge of God's heart for Israel nor His heart period. You also want to be the Judge and punisher of the Jews.
You are also ignoring the fact that --JESUS was born for THIS purpose to die on the cross & be raised from the dead! This was God's Plan since before time.

Btw, With your kind of logic , I guess we should hold it against you for the wickedness of slavery, the KKK & aborting billions of babies ?...
The judgmental hatred towards the Jews is a satanic deceptive teaching of replacement theology. I'm not the only one who sees this as so. Satan hates God's Plan.

Last edited:

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this sounds like jealousy, resentment and animosity to me.
I want to address this idea that I am jealous of “jews” because I don’t think you realize what you are saying when you make a comment like that.
As a Christian why would I be jealous of anyone spiritually? Salvation is only found in Christ. I have obeyed the gospel and have been baptized into Christ and therefore I am an heir according to the promise. The real promise the ultimate promise God had in mind from the beginning.
Galatians 3:26-29 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. (Why?) For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, (not according to you there isn’t)there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
I am an heir according to the promise of Abraham. God never had Israel in mind about the promise given to Abraham. It has always been in the mind of God that salvation (being an heir) was to come through his son and not the nation of Israel. They were a vehicle and that is it.
Eph 1 tells us that ALL spiritual blessing are found “in Christ”. “Jews” aren’t in Christ but your doctrine has them receiving all spiritual blessings. Why would I ever be jealous of a group of people that deny the Lord. I might as well be jealous of the Muslims. All you can do is call me names because that’s all you have. Congratulations.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't even read the replies you just hear yourself only.
Here is what you said...
Once again, what arrogance. Also, I did give reference to scripture in my prior post that you were responding to above - I referred to Romans 11 and once again you ignored it, this is the common characteristic in amillennialists I've found, the complete ignoring of scripture that doesn't agree with their opinions.
I was responding to the comment that I ignored Romans 11. I did not ignore it.
So yes I do read.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God never had Israel in mind about the promise given to Abraham.
Actually God did have Israel in mind in the Abrahamic Covenant. This covenant mentions "thy seed" (descendants) of Abraham, but the context determines whether it is about (1) Christ, (2) the Church, (3) redeemed and restored Israel dwelling in the Promised Land.

ISRAEL (GENESIS 15 & 35)
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed [ISRAEL] have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,
20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,
21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

12 And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed [ISRAEL] after thee will I give the land.

CHRIST (GENESIS 22)
18 And in thy seed [CHRIST] shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice...

CHRIST AND THE CHURCH (GENESIS 26 & 28)
4 And I will make thy seed [THE CHURCH] to multiply as the stars of heaven , and will give unto thy seed [CHRIST] all these countries ; and in thy seed [CHRIST] shall all the nations of the earth be blessed...

14 And thy seed [THE CHURCH] shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south : and in thee and in thy seed [CHRIST] shall all the families of the earth be blessed .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to address this idea that I am jealous of “jews” because I don’t think you realize what you are saying when you make a comment like that.
As a Christian why would I be jealous of anyone spiritually? I am an heir according to the promise of Abraham. God never had Israel in mind about the promise given to Abraham. It has always been in the mind of God that salvation (being an heir) was to come through his son and not the nation of Israel. They were a vehicle and that is it.
Eph 1 tells us that ALL spiritual blessing are found “in Christ”. “Jews” aren’t in Christ but your doctrine has them receiving all spiritual blessings. Why would I ever be jealous of a group of people that deny the Lord. I might as well be jealous of the Muslims. All you can do is call me names because that’s all you have. Congratulations.
I never called you names, I described your behavior , you are the one who is continually bringing up the Jews in a resentful & judgmental way. You really have preconceived notions, set opinions & don't really read others posts carefully. It would be nice if you'd watch the video but I'm not holding my breath.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You show you have no knowledge of God's heart for Israel nor His heart period. You also want to be the Judge and punisher of the Jews.
You are also ignoring the fact that --JESUS was born for THIS purpose to die on the cross & be raised from the dead! This was God's Plan since before time.

Btw, With your kind of logic , I guess we should hold it against you for the wickedness of slavery, the KKK & aborting billions of babies ?...
The judgmental hatred towards the Jews is a satanic deceptive teaching of replacement theology. I'm not the only one who sees this as so. Satan hates God's Plan.
This would have been a complete waste of 28 minutes if I had not been on an elliptical. Two men sitting at a table discussing the Bible with no Bible in sight. I don’t even think there was a Bible in the room. The only passage quoted was Jn 3:16 like it helped their position. They can throw out names like “replacement theology” and spout how this doctrine is so destructive. They would vaguely mention certain thoughts in the Bible with not one direct reference to a scripture I could even look at and study. Don’t ask me to watch anything like that again please. I don’t want mans opinion. You have to admit that’s all this was.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually God did have Israel in mind in the Abrahamic Covenant. This covenant mentions "thy seed" (descendants) of Abraham, but the context determines whether it is about (1) Christ, (2) the Church, (3) redeemed and restored Israel dwelling in the Promised Land.

ISRAEL (GENESIS 15 & 35)
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed [ISRAEL] have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,
20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,
21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

12 And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed [ISRAEL] after thee will I give the land.
I probably should have been more clear. There were promises made to Abraham with 2 directed at Israel. Land promise, nation promise, and seed promise. As you have shown above God did promise Israel land and to be a great nation. But that has already been fulfilled a long time ago.
Joshua 21:43-45 And the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; (he fulfilled the land promise)and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
And the Lord gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the Lord delivered all their enemies into their hand. (
They were made a great nation...promise fulfilled)There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.
Can you read this. The land and nation....ALL CAME TO PASS and you people are still looking for land and Israel to become a great nation. You’re gonna have to keep on looking.

CHRIST (GENESIS 22)
18 And in thy seed [CHRIST] shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice...

CHRIST AND THE CHURCH (GENESIS 26 & 28)
4 And I will make thy seed [THE CHURCH] to multiply as the stars of heaven , and will give unto thy seed [CHRIST] all these countries ; and in thy seed [CHRIST] shall all the nations of the earth be blessed...

14 And thy seed [THE CHURCH] shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south : and in thee and in thy seed [CHRIST] shall all the families of the earth be blessed .
The third one was fulfilled in Christ. The vehicle to bring this about was the nation of Israel. So, GOD HAS FULFILLED ALL THREE PROMISES.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But that has already been fulfilled a long time ago.
If "that has already been fulfilled" it would mean that Israel has already been redeemed and restored. Which is patently false. The fact is that Israel was DISPERSED from Judea in 70 AD, returned to Palestine in unbelief in 1948, and occupies probably 1/10th or less of the Land of Promise. It is only after the Second Coming of Christ that that promise will be fulfilled.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never called you names, I described your behavior , you are the one who is continually bringing up the Jews in a resentful & judgmental way. You really have preconceived notions, set opinions & don't really read others posts carefully. It would be nice if you'd watch the video but I'm not holding my breath.
An Anti-Semite is a name. This is a designation for a person who hates Jews. I do not hate “Jews”. I’m sure they are very fine people. I just don’t think they are Gods chosen people any longer. How you get anti semitism from that I’ll never know. Ivanka trump looks like she is a beautiful person, I believe she is wrong and misguided in her religion, but I would treat her and her family with respect.

I guess we should hold it against you for the wickedness of slavery, the KKK & aborting billions of babies ?...
The judgmental hatred towards the Jews is a satanic deceptive teaching of replacement theology
So now I’m responsible for the KKK because you don’t like that I can thoroughly show you that God is not looking to “Jews” any longer. It’s not my fault that not a one of them can tell me what tribe they are from. It’s not my fault they have no temple, priesthood, no records, no more history. All destroyed. For 2000 years. Not by me. By God. Take it up with him.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If "that has already been fulfilled" it would mean that Israel has already been redeemed and restored. Which is patently false. The fact is that Israel was DISPERSED from Judea in 70 AD, returned to Palestine in unbelief in 1948, and occupies probably 1/10th or less of the Land of Promise. It is only after the Second Coming of Christ that that promise will be fulfilled.
Israel has been redeemed and restored already from captivity. They even rebuilt the temple. How many times do you think that’s gonna happen? They are gonna have to move a mosque in order to do it again. Good luck with that.