Amillenialism and Acts 1:11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts of the Apostles 1:11
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Question for Amill/Preterists

How was this scripture fulfilled? Did Jesus return yet?
You have a very wrong understanding of what Amillenniasts believe about the Lord's Resurrection (the First) and the Lord's Glorious return from Heaven!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have a very wrong understanding of what Amillenniasts believe about the Lord's Resurrection (the First) and the Lord's Glorious return from Heaven!

No, u guys think that when Jesus will return all things will be made new and everything will melt away. But that's not right, because it says that He will return the same way he came... to this Earth. This is all before the new heavens and new earth.

Reactions: tzcho2

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your the one that thinks all of this in Mt 25 will happen here on earth. Not me.
You are the one that is derisive of the idea without further explanation that to say you see it all like some queue for donuts or something.

Besides, lets say 8 billion people, with each having a 3 foot by 3 foot space to stand in.

That's 9 square feet times 8,000,000,000, or 72,000,000,000 square feet. Sound like a lot?

One Square Mile has 27,878,400 square feet. 72 billion divided by 27.8 million is 2582 square miles to fit all 8 billion each having 3 feet by 3 feet.

A patch of ground 50 miles by 50 miles should be plenty. Pack 'em in, and you need less than half that.

And there's no telling how God will do this judgment. He could judge everyone at the same time, He's that big.

Much love!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
COMING BACK to stand on earth. Zechariah doesn’t say that
Oh c'mon that is denial that doesn't hold up, the scripture says "On that day HIS FEET WILL STAND on the Mount of Olives...."
I've been to the Mount of Olives in east Jerusalem --my feet were standing on the earth!
Zechariah 14:4, “On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley...."

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh c'mon that is denial that doesn't hold up, the scripture says "On that day HIS FEET WILL STAND on the Mount of Olives...."
I've been to the Mount of Olives in east Jerusalem --my feet were standing on the earth!
Zechariah 14:4, “On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley...."
I never said that Christ didn’t stand on the mount. I’m saying he isn’t coming BACK to stand there. Zechariah does not say that.
The phrase...”in that day” is used 20 times in Zechariah. I have shown at least 5 or 6 prophecies through the book pertaining to his first coming. Are you saying the entire book of Zechariah is speaking of his second coming when he had not even come the first time?

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you answer my question?
So far , I've seen you deny & argue against what is in scriptures so not surprising your denial that also the JEWS are God's chosen, that HIS PROMISES STAND, that it is HE THAT DECLARES the Nation of ISRAEL to exist once again. It is HE who summoned HIS people back from the four winds into their land.
I really do feel sad for people like yourself that because of this worldly/spiritual blindness from within in their hearts will continue to miss the awesome unfolding of God's glorious plan.... who cannot see God's hand moving. They are unable to recognize the scriptures being fulfilled & that cannot see His Power and Sovereign Authority on display in and over Israel which is the Jewish nation He declared it to be. They prefer to tell God whom He should be faithful too. God IS tending to His Own Business & Covenant with the Jewish people. It is by God's hand that Israel celebrates it's 71st yr.
My heart swells with joy giving praise & glory to the heavenly Father God for what I see taking place in Israel. God is So GOOD, Mighty & ever Faithful. His will is being done and prophecies are being fulfilled before opened eyes. He is so faithful to keep His word as the scripture declares! God miraculously reestablished the Nation of Israel in 1948 and it is Him that brings them forth from all the nations of the world to make aliyah back to the land of Israel. Praise be to our LORD God, the God of Israel!

Isaiah 43:6 " 5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and gather you from the west. 6 I will say to the north, GIVE them up! and to the south, Do NOT hold them back! Bring My sons from afar and My daughters from the ends of the earth. 7 everyone called by My name and created for My glory, whom I have indeed formed and made.”…

Ezekiel 39:25-29
“Therefore thus says the Lord God: Now I will restore the fortunes of Jacob and have mercy on the whole house of Israel, and I will be jealous for my holy name. They shall forget their shame and all the treachery they have practiced against me, when they dwell securely in their land with none to make them afraid, when I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them from their enemies' lands, and through them have vindicated my holiness in the sight of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord their God, because I sent them into exile among the nations and then assembled them into their own land. I will leave none of them remaining among the nations anymore. And I will not hide my face anymore from them, when I pour out my Spirit upon the house of Israel, declares the Lord God.”

Last edited:
Reactions: friend of

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said that Christ didn’t stand on the mount. I’m saying he isn’t coming BACK to stand there. Zechariah does not say that.
The phrase...”in that day” is used 20 times in Zechariah. I have shown at least 5 or 6 prophecies through the book pertaining to his first coming. Are you saying the entire book of Zechariah is speaking of his second coming when he had not even come the first time?
So you deny the prediction of Christ's return where His feet will touch the Mount of Olives and it will be split?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far , I've seen you deny & argue against what is in scriptures so not surprising your denial that also the JEWS are God's chosen, that HIS PROMISES STAND, that it is HE THAT DECLARES the Nation of ISRAEL to exist once again. It is HE who summoned HIS people back from the four winds into their land.
I really do feel sad for people like yourself that because of this worldly/spiritual blindness from within in their hearts will continue to miss the awesome unfolding of God's glorious plan.... who cannot see God's hand moving. They are unable to recognize the scriptures being fulfilled & that cannot see His Power and Sovereign Authority on display in and over Israel which is the Jewish nation He declared it to be. They prefer to tell God whom He should be faithful too. God IS tending to His Own Business & Covenant with the Jewish people. It is by God's hand that Israel celebrates it's 71st yr.
My heart swells with joy giving praise & glory to the heavenly Father God for what I see taking place in Israel. God is So GOOD, Mighty & ever Faithful. His will is being done and prophecies are being fulfilled before opened eyes. He is so faithful to keep His word as the scripture declares! God miraculously reestablished the Nation of Israel in 1948 and it is Him that brings them forth from all the nations of the world to make aliyah back to the land of Israel. Praise be to our LORD God, the God of Israel!

Isaiah 43:6 " 5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and gather you from the west. 6 I will say to the north, GIVE them up! and to the south, Do NOT hold them back! Bring My sons from afar and My daughters from the ends of the earth. 7 everyone called by My name and created for My glory, whom I have indeed formed and made.”…

Ezekiel 39:25-29
“Therefore thus says the Lord God: Now I will restore the fortunes of Jacob and have mercy on the whole house of Israel, and I will be jealous for my holy name. They shall forget their shame and all the treachery they have practiced against me, when they dwell securely in their land with none to make them afraid, when I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them from their enemies' lands, and through them have vindicated my holiness in the sight of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord their God, because I sent them into exile among the nations and then assembled them into their own land. I will leave none of them remaining among the nations anymore. And I will not hide my face anymore from them, when I pour out my Spirit upon the house of Israel, declares the Lord God.”
You post obscure passages as if they teach your doctrine? Didn’t Ezekiel prophecy from captivity? Didn’t the nation return after he prophecied? So again, which is more reasonable to believe that Ezekiel is writing about a return of the nation 2500 years later when they had not even returned the first time? Or, that he is prophesying about a return that ultimately took place a number of years later.
Now, about Israel.
Why were they a chosen people in the first place? Because they were such good individuals? No, they were wicked. God wanted to destroy them a long time ago but he didn’t because of his promises.
Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
They were a chosen people to bring Christ into the world. That is all. That was there purpose in life, to be the vehicle through which the messiah would come. Is it a coincidence that 40 years after your beloved Jews killed Jesus that God completely destroyed them and drove them out of the land? Just a coincidence huh. Jesus prophecied in Mt 24 and lk 21 of that very event.
Here’s Jesus in Mt 23...
Matthew 23:37-38 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Yea this a people God will always cherish? Nope.
They fulfilled their place in Gods plan. US foreign policy based on this false doctrine that we have to protect Israel because they are Gods people has destroyed the Middle East and there’s more to come.
The nation of Israel was promised a land...they got it
They were promised to be a great nation....they got it.
They were promised that all the nations of the earth would be blessed through them...they got it. God has done all he needed from Israel.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you deny the prediction of Christ's return where His feet will touch the Mount of Olives and it will be split?
No. It’s already happened. I deny that it is still a future prediction.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You post obscure passages as if they teach your doctrine? Didn’t Ezekiel prophecy from captivity? Didn’t the nation return after he prophecied? So again, which is more reasonable to believe that Ezekiel is writing about a return of the nation 2500 years later when they had not even returned the first time? Or, that he is prophesying about a return that ultimately took place a number of years later.
Now, about Israel.
Why were they a chosen people in the first place? Because they were such good individuals? No, they were wicked. God wanted to destroy them a long time ago but he didn’t because of his promises.
Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
They were a chosen people to bring Christ into the world. That is all. That was there purpose in life, to be the vehicle through which the messiah would come. Is it a coincidence that 40 years after your beloved Jews killed Jesus that God completely destroyed them and drove them out of the land? Just a coincidence huh. Jesus prophecied in Mt 24 and lk 21 of that very event.
Here’s Jesus in Mt 23...
Matthew 23:37-38 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Yea this a people God will always cherish? Nope.
They fulfilled their place in Gods plan. US foreign policy based on this false doctrine that we have to protect Israel because they are Gods people has destroyed the Middle East and there’s more to come.
The nation of Israel was promised a land...they got it
They were promised to be a great nation....they got it.
They were promised that all the nations of the earth would be blessed through them...they got it. God has done all he needed from Israel.
I don't have a doctrine, bud, it's what the Bible says. You guys are blind to it. Many scriptures tell us that God did not forsake His people.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a doctrine, bud, it's what the Bible says. You guys are blind to it. Many scriptures tell us that God did not forsake His people.
God still has not forsaken Israel. Salvation is available to them just the same as it is for everyone.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God still has not forsaken Israel. Salvation is available to them just the same as it is for everyone.
On that we agree.
Further, the Bible makes it clear that God is the one who created the Nation of Israel, and it is Him who declared it a Nation, and He who is populating it with Jews HE is drawing back to their land from the 4 corners of the earth, the Bible is their deed to the land.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when did it split?
You really think the mountain is going to split in two? When Christ returns that mount will burn like everything else. That is figurative language of a time that has already happened. Has already been fulfilled. Zechariah is full of figurative language.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really think the mountain is going to split in two? When Christ returns that mount will burn like everything else. That is figurative language of a time that has already happened. Has already been fulfilled. Zechariah is full of figurative language.
Of course! it will be EXACTLY as the Bible says it will be the Lord Jesus feet will stand on the Mount of Olives and it will split in two.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On that we agree.
Further, the Bible makes it clear that God is the one who created the Nation of Israel, and it is Him who declared it a Nation, and He who is populating it with Jews HE is drawing back to their land from the 4 corners of the earth, the Bible is their deed to the land.
It is also God that did away with it in AD 70. Never to be brought back. There might be a nation Israel today but it is not even close to the same. No records, no priest hood, no tribes, no temple, no king. God always sent them prophets to communicate with them. Not any more. They are left desolate just as Jesus said they would be.