"And I Will Profess Unto Them, I Never Knew...Who, Exactly?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Cyrus didn't work miracles, nor cast out demons and such. God simply chose Cyrus to free the Jews from their 70 years Babylon captivity. God called Cyrus His anointed for that reason, not to cast out demons in Christ's name. Christ had not yet been born then either.

What 'we' need to do is, to stick with what God's Word says as written, and be careful of fables.
The holy Spirit isn't man's servant to work miracles. Jesus told us He would send the Spirit to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgement. None of us would know Jesus as his or her Savior without the holy Spirit working on our behalf to lead us to Jesus... While we were yet unsaved and not even interested in truth or God

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The holy Spirit isn't man's servant to work miracles. Jesus told us He would send the Spirit to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgement. None of us would know Jesus as his or her Savior without the holy Spirit working on our behalf to lead us to Jesus... While we were yet unsaved and not even interested in truth or God
Your thinking is way... off base. What you are 'trying'... to establish, is that The Holy Spirit works through the barbarian unbeliever, even without Jesus having been born yet in order to receive The Holy Spirit through Faith and baptism!

You sound just like the other guy, a Judahite come here to mock Christian doctrine from The New Testament.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ --

If you haven't figured it out yet, there are some here that will say anything to 'try'... and change what Lord Jesus showed about those who did works and miracles in HIS NAME, yet Jesus will tell those who work iniquity to get away from Him when He returns.

Those are about BELIEVERS on Him, not... barbarian unbelievers doing works by The Holy Spirit in Christ's Name!

Matt 7:22-23
22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?"

23 And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."
KJV

It is very easy common sense to understand that Lord Jesus was pointing to 'believers' on Him doing those works. Because what barbarian unbeliever preaches (prophesies) in Christ's Name? and what barbarian unbeliever casts out devils in Christ's Name? and what barbarian unbeliever does many works in Christ's Name?

It's stupid really to even listen to someone who is against what Jesus proclaimed there about believers on Him that fall into iniquity.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your thinking is way... off base. What you are 'trying'... to establish, is that The Holy Spirit works through the barbarian unbeliever, even without Jesus having been born yet in order to receive The Holy Spirit through Faith and baptism!

You sound just like the other guy, a Judahite come here to mock Christian doctrine from The New Testament.
Ummm...okay.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Brethren in Christ --

If you haven't figured it out yet, there are some here that will say anything to 'try'... and change what Lord Jesus showed about those who did works and miracles in HIS NAME, yet Jesus will tell those who work iniquity to get away from Him when He returns.

Those are about BELIEVERS on Him, not... barbarian unbelievers doing works by The Holy Spirit in Christ's Name!

Matt 7:22-23
22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?"

23 And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."
KJV

It is very easy common sense to understand that Lord Jesus was pointing to 'believers' on Him doing those works. Because what barbarian unbeliever preaches (prophesies) in Christ's Name? and what barbarian unbeliever casts out devils in Christ's Name? and what barbarian unbeliever does many works in Christ's Name?

It's stupid really to even listen to someone who is against what Jesus proclaimed there about believers on Him that fall into iniquity.
God works through anyone He chooses, believer and unbeliever alike in order to accomplish His will. Life isn't only about miracles. Even Nebuchadnezzar was described as being God's servant. And today I know of a married couple who have been used by God to minister to homeless folk and have experienced miracles. They weren't claiming to working miracles, they weren't calling them miracles, but it was certainly God's provision because God was using them to care for the needy in the community...and they weren't ascribing such things to God. God was using them and they were unaware.