And the truth shall set you free...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was adam and eve where for a period.
Why would Jesus tell people go and sin no more if it were not possible?
1 John 1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

When Jesus said, "Go and sin no more", He was telling that lady to stop sleeping around. There's no secret hidden meaning in what He said. He's not talking to the masses, the only person there is that woman and He's telling her to stop doing what she's doing.

Sin no more = stop fornicating......in that passage.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Whos expectations? Our or His.

For everyone

I ask this question

Which man is qualified to condemn another of sin?? Which christian on this earth is perfect and without sin, and is able to condemn another, for to call a man a sinner is to condemn that man, no differnt than standing before a judge and telling him this man is a thief. To do so one must stand on the side of teh accuser, for to call any man a sinner no matter what teh circumstance is to make an accusation.. Now who is the accuser??? Jesus or teh devil??? Whos side are you on??

I would hope God has high expectations for us. Most people have some concept of right and wrong, and they see that Christians are no different than everyone else. Then Christians claim the moral highground on something and get labeled as hypocrites. Or at the least their religion gets perceived as ineffective.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 John 1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

When Jesus said, "Go and sin no more", He was telling that lady to stop sleeping around. There's no secret hidden meaning in what He said. He's not talking to the masses, the only person there is that woman and He's telling her to stop doing what she's doing.

Sin no more = stop fornicating......in that passage.

And all the others He told to stop sinning?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that others must have preached on this in the past, but it seems as though very few have ever taken the time to study the context of Jesus' words "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Many people think they have been set free, but continue to live in sin, Jesus stated "whoever sins is a servant to sin", do people care at all about what Jesus teaches, or are they just interested in using the bible and Jesus to live in a state of delusion, while they amass sin upon sin: with no turning from them? What say you?

you still live in the place of sin, though you be born again in the Holy Spirit, "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:"(that is from Paul, probably why you might not understand) not through deeds in the judgement of others according to their will, seeking the salvation of this life they value, by their own deeds, and trying to justify it to others as well, not realizing it is the Life of Christ that is received that can't be condemned nor is there condemnation, because God will not condemn His Son. now there are many accusers of God's Children, but it isn't God who accuses.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 8
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Knowing the truth will set you free from the bondage of the Old Covenant. Knowing the truth will not make you blameless.

No one is without sin.

No Jesus set us free from all and any bondage. Knowing never set us free as such Jesus paid the price not our knowledge.
And its not setting us free from the OC either.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus telling someone to stop sinning doesn't absolve them of any future sins.
Who said it did. Is this another one way conversation?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would hope God has high expectations for us. Most people have some concept of right and wrong, and they see that Christians are no different than everyone else. Then Christians claim the moral highground on something and get labeled as hypocrites. Or at the least their religion gets perceived as ineffective.
We failed with Adam. Gods best hope is that we will trust Him, We dont even know how to Love, which is what He hoped we would do, knowing we wouldnt. Thats why we have Jesus.

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
While we remain in a fallen body, we are subject to temptation, and do sin...At least, I do, and then stop it, and begin again to behave more perfectly. There is, however, no condemnation in Yeshua for my failures so long as I remain clinging to him, searching for the center of the straight and narrow path, having the determination to be growing ever closer to sinlessness.

I have no doubt that I sadden Yeshua frequently...how can I not, knowing that I do less than the best that is expected of me? Yet he is aware of my frailty, and has compassion for me, since it is he that is strong. Daily, I pick that stake up again, and attempt to do better at walking in love of G-d and love of man. I do not know how much I fail, because people are too careful of saying to me what I could do better...fortunately, the Ruach is ever present to warn me when I trespass against G-d or against another person. I do know that I do better than I have in the past, and yet I also know how far I still need to go to be anything like Yeshua.

Thus do I turn again and again from sin, doing teshuvah...not mere regretting that the sin was done, but determining to succeed at refraining from that sin, even though I know that until I am in a perfected form, with the New Covenant fully written in me, I will fail. I hope merely to fail less and less as I walk after Yeshua.

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whos expectations? Our or His.

For everyone

I ask this question

Which man is qualified to condemn another of sin?? Which christian on this earth is perfect and without sin, and is able to condemn another, for to call a man a sinner is to condemn that man, no differnt than standing before a judge and telling him this man is a thief. To do so one must stand on the side of teh accuser, for to call any man a sinner no matter what teh circumstance is to make an accusation.. Now who is the accuser??? Jesus or teh devil??? Whos side are you on??

One doesn't have to be perfect to admonish a sinner. Parents do it for their children all the time. The trick is to do it with love.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One doesn't have to be perfect to admonish a sinner. Parents do it for their children all the time. The trick is to do it with love.

Joh_8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Are you without sin??

Mat_7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

It is so hilarious to see sinners going around teling sinners not to sin, cant you see teh hypocrisy in it all.

Luk 12:57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

Joh_8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
Joh_8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

So let Him who is right be the judge and stop condemning teh world, for as you judge.

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

It is odd, that JEsus came to set us free from sin, yet christians run around condeming teh world to death by judging it.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is without sin.

I agree, but Sword seems to be saying he does not sin anymore, although he did not answer the question with a yes or no. He avoids the Scriptures which show, even though we are no longer slaves to sin, we will still sin. Continual repentance is commanded by God.

Reactions: Job

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, but Sword seems to be saying he does not sin anymore,
1. Did I say I never sinned?
2.Or did I say what God said about me?
3.If God said it is it true yes or no?
4. So if God said it are you going to contradict Him?

although he did not answer the question with a yes or no.
He avoids the Scriptures which show, even though we are no longer slaves to sin, we will still sin. Continual repentance is commanded by God.
1. Did I avoid scripture?
2. Did I not give you various scriptures?
3. So you get scripture telling you "you are no longer slaves to sin" But you clearly dont believe it. Why ? Because you are looking at your life of sin that YOU cant stop sinning. So now because You cant stop sinning YOU think no one can stop sinning.
I can clearly see you motives by the way you speak in your posts.
You are clearly moved by yours and the worlds circumstances.
You need to be moved by Gods word and not the worldly facts.

Where is continual repentace in scripture? Under a new covanant

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have no doubt that I sadden Yeshua frequently..
No you dont this is the key thing the Christians miss. God knows the begining and the end. He knew what He was talking on start to finnish. He knows you created value like Adam. There is not one day you ever dissapointed God ever. He loves you to the tune of sending Jesus for you. Why because of the value He palces in you. He loves you in spite of the fall of ADAM. Its wasnt your fault.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is continual repentace in scripture? Under a new covanant
Is this continual repentance a necessary part of the christian's walk?

And your words seem to indicate that there is more than one new covenant. Am I reading that right?

Last edited: