And the truth shall set you free...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it right when non-Christians are more virtuous than Christians? It is shameful, and can not be the way God intended.
The only conclusion I can draw from that is Christian's aren't living up to expectations.

Perhaps, those who call themselves "Christian", but do shameful things are not the genuine article. Jesus called them "weeds" at Matthew 13:24-30, who have badged themselves as "Christian".

Authentic Christians are noted by Jesus as "wheat", "righteous ones (that) shine as brightly as the sun" in performing "fine works" (Matt 7:18; 13:43), of preaching "the good news of the Kingdom" (Matt 24:14), from "house to house" (Matt 10:11-13), having put on the "new personality" that imitates Jehovah God in showing agape love (Col 3:9, 10), and are "no part of the world" (John 17:14), such as touching the political arena, promoting religious doctrines and ideologies that defame God (Rev 18:5) as well as allowing "love of money" to guide these ones.(1 Tim 6:9, 10)

Reactions: Pro Jesus Anti Paul

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
(Tares into weeds there)
(ps--this is worthless, in a way that tares are not, so do not be fooled by the increasing corruption of Strong's and the Lex; tares are a powerful psychoactive drug, that you can buy today)

but imo it is important to understand that these divisions are internal, intrinsic to each of us, and not external as we would define them.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017
Windsor
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh they have. but just like you they never provided an answer on hopw to help the brothers get free from the sin. You came and spoke like you are free. Why would you wont to tell the majority they are missing it. But you offer nothing to help them.

I have told them... I stated that actually practicing the teachings of Christ is the way and the means to being free from sin.

May 25, 2017
Windsor
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps, those who call themselves "Christian", but do shameful things are not the genuine article. Jesus called them "weeds" at Matthew 13:24-30, who have badged themselves as "Christian".

Authentic Christians are noted by Jesus as "wheat", "righteous ones (that) shine as brightly as the sun" in performing "fine works" (Matt 7:18; 13:43), of preaching "the good news of the Kingdom" (Matt 24:14), from "house to house" (Matt 10:11-13), having put on the "new personality" that imitates Jehovah God in showing agape love (Col 3:9, 10), and are "no part of the world" (John 17:14), such as touching the political arena, promoting religious doctrines and ideologies that defame God (Rev 18:5) as well as allowing "love of money" to guide these ones.(1 Tim 6:9, 10)

May I suggest that Jesus wanted disciples (those who were/are committed followers of his teachings) but what has happened is men created creeds instead; doctrines about Christ, instead of doctrines of Christ; followers of churches and men and books compiled by men, including the one compiled in 397 A.D. at the council of Cartridge (the bible) instead of being committed to the Lordship of Christ alone.

Paul barely spoke a word of Christ's teachings and since his followers were larger in number than those who rejected Paul, Paul's words were canonized into a book alongside Jesus's.
The prophets of today are not teaching men the teachings of Christ, as the way to be saved, but the teachings of Paul and the Bible: as the way of salvation; Christ is but a sidenote and his teachings are as irrelevant to the Church today, as they were to Paul.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, instead of being rude, it's ok to say "I don't know how many covenants there are and I have no idea if continual repentance is necessary in our walk with the Lord".

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I suggest that Jesus wanted disciples (those who were/are committed followers of his teachings) but what has happened is men created creeds instead; doctrines about Christ, instead of doctrines of Christ; followers of churches and men and books compiled by men, including the one compiled in 397 A.D. at the council of Cartridge (the bible) instead of being committed to the Lordship of Christ alone.

Paul barely spoke a word of Christ's teachings and since his followers were larger in number than those who rejected Paul, Paul's words were canonized into a book alongside Jesus's.
The prophets of today are not teaching men the teachings of Christ, as the way to be saved, but the teachings of Paul and the Bible: as the way of salvation; Christ is but a sidenote and his teachings are as irrelevant to the Church today, as they were to Paul.

Apparently you disagree with Jesus appointing Paul as one of his apostles. The account at Acts 9 confirms Paul's selection as an apostle by Jesus (though not considered as of "the Twelve"), for Jesus told Ananias that "this man is a chosen vessel to me, to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel".(Acts 9:15)

Over 20 years later, Paul spoke of this event before king Herod Agrippa, saying, that "I saw at midday........a light beyond the brilliance of the sun flash from heaven.....I heard a voice in the Hebrew language: ' Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me ?........' I am Jesus '......This is why I have appeared to you, to choose you as a servant and a witness both of things you have seen and things I will make you see respecting me".(Acts 26:13-16)

Jesus said: "Whoever is not on my side is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters".(Matt 12:30) Hence, those who are not in full accord with Jesus and his appointments is against him, despite saying that they are "Christian". And Jesus said: "Why, then, do you call me ' Lord ! Lord ! ' but do not do the things I say ?"(Luke 6:46) Anyone professing to be Jesus' follower but rejecting whom he appoints is a slap in Jesus face and do you think that he will let this slide ?(see Luke 13:25-28 as well as Matt 24:45-47)

May 25, 2017
Windsor
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Apparently you disagree with Jesus appointing Paul as one of his apostles. The account at Acts 9 confirms Paul's selection as an apostle by Jesus (though not considered as of "the Twelve"), for Jesus told Ananias that "this man is a chosen vessel to me, to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel".(Acts 9:15)

Over 20 years later, Paul spoke of this event before king Herod Agrippa, saying, that "I saw at midday........a light beyond the brilliance of the sun flash from heaven.....I heard a voice in the Hebrew language: ' Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me ?........' I am Jesus '......This is why I have appeared to you, to choose you as a servant and a witness both of things you have seen and things I will make you see respecting me".(Acts 26:13-16)

Jesus said: "Whoever is not on my side is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters".(Matt 12:30) Hence, those who are not in full accord with Jesus and his appointments is against him, despite saying that they are "Christian". And Jesus said: "Why, then, do you call me ' Lord ! Lord ! ' but do not do the things I say ?"(Luke 6:46) Anyone professing to be Jesus' follower but rejecting whom he appoints is a slap in Jesus face and do you think that he will let this slide ?(see Luke 13:25-28 as well as Matt 24:45-47)

Do you remember the statement "many are called but few are chosen"? Jesus never called Paul to be an apostle, that is a title Paul gave to himself.

Revelations 21:
9And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,11Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; 12And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. 14And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

One question for you: can you tell me how many Apostles of the lamb their was/is?
Where does Paul fit into the list? The simple answer is he doesn't. You see, Paul is referenced in Revelations 2 verse 2: "I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars".

How can we be sure John is referencing Paul? The answer is riddled throughout your bible. First who is John writing revelations to? The churches of Asia. Why is John addressing Paul's converts (GENTILES) when John was known primarily as an Apostle of the Jews? Well the answer was given by Paul in his letter to Timothy, in 2 Timothy 1 verse 15: "This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me"...

Since all of Asia forsook Paul, the quotes in Revelations now make more sense. But didn't John write Revelations some 30 to 40 years after Paul was killed by Nero, as some have claimed? Absolutely not. You see, there is 2 places in Revelations where John outlines when he wrote it. First there is Revelations 17 verses 9 and 10: "9And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space."

John clearly states he is writing during the time of either Nero or Galba, depending on whose list of Roman Emperors you believe John used (I personally believe it was unquestionably Nero). In any case, it is clearly seen that John wrote Revelations before the destruction of the second temple and to Paul's converts who forsook him.

The second place John outlines when he wrote revelations is in chapter 11. In verse 1 and 2 we read: "And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

John is told to measure the temple before it is destroyed, which took place in the fall of 70 A.D.. To be more precise, John is told in 42 months the Gentiles will trample the holy city under their feet. When we put these 2 timeframes together we can conclude: John not only wrote to Paul's converts who had forsaken Paul, but we can also state with some confidence that John got his Revelation in the spring of 67 A.D., some 42 months before Jerusalem fell to the Romans and the second temple was destroyed.

In short Paul was eventually forsaken by both his churches in Asia and by the true Apostles, that we can state without a doubt were established by Christ.

Besides Luke, a gentile companion and most likely convert of Paul's, nobody, besides Paul, confirms Paul to be an Apostle.

Again I will state: Paul does not preach the teachings of Christ, but rather Paul preaches a very different message than what Christ taught and which he commissioned his Apostles/Ambassadors to go and proclaim on his behalf: to all nations; Paul definitely was not an Apostle of Jesus Christ, but instead was a false apostle: as revelations 2 verse 2 affirms to the church of Ephisus which forsook Paul.

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

A bit of info about the Wheat and Tare, it isn't as widely known these days because society is no longer agrarian:
They grow up indistinguishable from one another. But when they reach maturity the tare stands straight up, it's fruit is light. The head of the wheat hangs low from the weight of the grain. The fruit of the tare is poisonous, presumably due to a fungus that affects it, it is reported to cause the following: Sleepiness, drowsiness, Hypnotic episodes, Convulsions, Drunkenness, intoxication, Trembling, Inability to walk, Hindered speech, Vomiting, Stupification, Dim-sightedness.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you remember the statement "many are called but few are chosen"? Jesus never called Paul to be an apostle, that is a title Paul gave to himself.

Revelations 21:
9And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,11Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; 12And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. 14And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

One question for you: can you tell me how many Apostles of the lamb their was/is?
Where does Paul fit into the list? The simple answer is he doesn't. You see, Paul is referenced in Revelations 2 verse 2: "I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars".

How can we be sure John is referencing Paul? The answer is riddled throughout your bible. First who is John writing revelations to? The churches of Asia. Why is John addressing Paul's converts (GENTILES) when John was known primarily as an Apostle of the Jews? Well the answer was given by Paul in his letter to Timothy, in 2 Timothy 1 verse 15: "This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me"...

Since all of Asia forsook Paul, the quotes in Revelations now make more sense. But didn't John write Revelations some 30 to 40 years after Paul was killed by Nero, as some have claimed? Absolutely not. You see, there is 2 places in Revelations where John outlines when he wrote it. First there is Revelations 17 verses 9 and 10: "9And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space."

John clearly states he is writing during the time of either Nero or Galba, depending on whose list of Roman Emperors you believe John used (I personally believe it was unquestionably Nero). In any case, it is clearly seen that John wrote Revelations before the destruction of the second temple and to Paul's converts who forsook him.

The second place John outlines when he wrote revelations is in chapter 11. In verse 1 and 2 we read: "And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

John is told to measure the temple before it is destroyed, which took place in the fall of 70 A.D.. To be more precise, John is told in 42 months the Gentiles will trample the holy city under their feet. When we put these 2 timeframes together we can conclude: John not only wrote to Paul's converts who had forsaken Paul, but we can also state with some confidence that John got his Revelation in the spring of 67 A.D., some 42 months before Jerusalem fell to the Romans and the second temple was destroyed.

In short Paul was eventually forsaken by both his churches in Asia and by the true Apostles, that we can state without a doubt were established by Christ.

Besides Luke, a gentile companion and most likely convert of Paul's, nobody, besides Paul, confirms Paul to be an Apostle.

Again I will state: Paul does not preach the teachings of Christ, but rather Paul preaches a very different message than what Christ taught and which he commissioned his Apostles/Ambassadors to go and proclaim on his behalf: to all nations; Paul definitely was not an Apostle of Jesus Christ, but instead was a false apostle: as revelations 2 verse 2 affirms to the church of Ephisus which forsook Paul.

To the contrary, Jesus did call Paul to be one of his apostles, and in which you blatantly disregard what Jesus told Paul on the way to Damascus: "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me ?" to which Saul (or Paul, his Latin name) replied: "Who are you, Lord ?" whereby Jesus answers: "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting".(Acts 9:4, 5)

Upon Saul's arrival in Damascus, Ananias was told: "Get up, go to the street called Straight, and look for a man named Saul, from Tarsus, at the house of Judas", at which point Ananias asked why look for this man since he did harm to "your holy ones in Jerusalem".(Acts 9:10-13) Jesus responds by saying: "Go ! because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel. For I will show him plainly how many things he must suffer for my name".(Acts 9:15, 16)

Almost 20 years later, while in the city of Corinth, Jesus told Paul: "Do not be afraid, but keep on speaking and do not keep silent", despite the Jews "opposing him and speaking abusively" about the Christ.(Acts 18:5, 6, 9) Paul was not one of "the Twelve", for Matthias was Judas Iscariot's replacement.(Acts 1:26)

In his letter to the Corinthians, Paul recognizes his position as an apostle, saying: "For it seems that God has put us the apostles (meaning "sent forth") last on exhibition as men condemned to death".(1 Cor 4:9) He then further says: "For I am the least of the apostles, and I am not worthy of being called an apostle, because I persecuted the congregation of God. But by God's undeserved kindness, I am what I am".(1 Cor 15:9)

Peter wrote concerning Paul as an apostle: "Furthermore, consider the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you according to the wisdom given him".(2 Pet 3:15) Hence, Paul was specially chosen by Jesus as an apostle "to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel".

And by the way, I will follow Jesus example of one who did not debate, of one who did "not quarrel nor cry aloud".(Matt 12:19; see also 1 Tim 2:8) If a person refuses sound evidence, then as Jesus said regarding the Pharisees: "Let them be".(Matt 15:14) God's wrath remains against anyone who treats his Son's words and appointments without respect, for Jesus said: "The one who exercise faith in the Son of man has everlasting life; the one who disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him".(John 3:36) It is your loss, not mine.

Reactions: tabletalk

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A bit of info about the Wheat and Tare, it isn't as widely known these days because society is no longer agrarian:
They grow up indistinguishable from one another. But when they reach maturity the tare stands straight up, it's fruit is light. The head of the wheat hangs low from the weight of the grain. The fruit of the tare is poisonous, presumably due to a fungus that affects it, it is reported to cause the following: Sleepiness, drowsiness, Hypnotic episodes, Convulsions, Drunkenness, intoxication, Trembling, Inability to walk, Hindered speech, Vomiting, Stupification, Dim-sightedness.

In giving the illustration about "wheat" being sown and then "while men were sleeping", an "enemy" oversowing weeds among the "wheat", Jesus brought forth that Christianity or the "one faith" (Eph 4:5) that he established with "wheat" or his genuine disciples would be infiltrated with counterfeit Christians, following the death of the apostles.(Matt 13:24, 25)

Even while his apostles were alive, the "weeds" were oversown in among the "wheat" and as you mentioned (Greek zizanion), are commonly considered as the bearded darnel, a species of grass whose seeds have poisonous properties believed to stem from a fungus growing within them that can cause even death.

They have the appearance much like that of wheat until maturity, but at which time it can readily be identified as just a weed. Since the roots of these weeds become intertwined with the roots of the wheat, to uproot them before the harvest, even if they could be identified, would result in loss of wheat.

Different writers have questioned whether this illustration should be considered real, yet ancient Roman legal writings suggest that it should, for one Bible dictionary says: “Sowing darnel in a field for purposes of revenge . . . was a crime under Roman legislation. The necessity for a law on the subject suggests that the action was not infrequent".

Legal scholar Alastair Kerr explains that in 533 C.E., Roman Emperor Justinian published his Digest, a summary of Roman law and excerpts from jurists of the classical period of the law (about 100-250 C.E.). According to this work (Digest, 9.2.27.14), the jurist Ulpian referred to a case considered by the second-century Roman statesman Celsus.

Weeds had been sown in another person’s field, and as a result, a crop was ruined. The Digest considers the legal remedies available to the owner, or tenant farmer, in order to obtain compensation from the perpetrator for the loss suffered. That such malicious mischief occurred within the Roman Empire in ancient times indicates that the situation Jesus described was true to life.

A 1468 copy of the Digest (Library of Congress, LC-USZ62-65381) by Emperor Justinian is one of many records that provide details about legal issues in ancient times.(source - October 15, 2016 Watchtower magazine, pg 32) Hence, the "weeds" in Jesus illustration shows that the true Christian congregation, after the death of the apostles who served as a restraint to the incoming tide of apostasy, would be overwhelmed with fake Christians or "weeds".(2 Thess 2:3, 6)

But now during the "harvest", the time frame from 1914 onward, the "wheat" or genuine Christians can be readily identified in contrast to the "weeds" who arrogantly have badged themselves as "Christian", but will soon be "collected and burned" for their being an imposter.(Matt 13:39, 40)

May 25, 2017
Windsor
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To the contrary, Jesus did call Paul to be one of his apostles, and in which you blatantly disregard what Jesus told Paul on the way to Damascus: "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me ?" to which Saul (or Paul, his Latin name) replied: "Who are you, Lord ?" whereby Jesus answers: "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting".(Acts 9:4, 5)

Upon Saul's arrival in Damascus, Ananias was told: "Get up, go to the street called Straight, and look for a man named Saul, from Tarsus, at the house of Judas", at which point Ananias asked why look for this man since he did harm to "your holy ones in Jerusalem".(Acts 9:10-13) Jesus responds by saying: "Go ! because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel. For I will show him plainly how many things he must suffer for my name".(Acts 9:15, 16)

Almost 20 years later, while in the city of Corinth, Jesus told Paul: "Do not be afraid, but keep on speaking and do not keep silent", despite the Jews "opposing him and speaking abusively" about the Christ.(Acts 18:5, 6, 9) Paul was not one of "the Twelve", for Matthias was Judas Iscariot's replacement.(Acts 1:26)

In his letter to the Corinthians, Paul recognizes his position as an apostle, saying: "For it seems that God has put us the apostles (meaning "sent forth") last on exhibition as men condemned to death".(1 Cor 4:9) He then further says: "For I am the least of the apostles, and I am not worthy of being called an apostle, because I persecuted the congregation of God. But by God's undeserved kindness, I am what I am".(1 Cor 15:9)

Peter wrote concerning Paul as an apostle: "Furthermore, consider the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you according to the wisdom given him".(2 Pet 3:15) Hence, Paul was specially chosen by Jesus as an apostle "to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel".

And by the way, I will follow Jesus example of one who did not debate, of one who did "not quarrel nor cry aloud".(Matt 12:19; see also 1 Tim 2:8) If a person refuses sound evidence, then as Jesus said regarding the Pharisees: "Let them be".(Matt 15:14) God's wrath remains against anyone who treats his Son's words and appointments without respect, for Jesus said: "The one who exercise faith in the Son of man has everlasting life; the one who disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him".(John 3:36) It is your loss, not mine.

Can you show me where Jesus, or Peter, or any other true Apostle claims Paul as an Apostle? I'll save you the time, it doesn't exist. As for 2 Peter being an authentic work of Peter's: most who have seriously looked into the matter claim it is not.

As I have shown: all of Asia turned from Paul, and John wrote to the same churches that rejected Paul. There are only 12 Apostles of the lamb, according to Revelations, not 13.

Paul is clearly the target of John's address to the first church mentioned in revelations, and commends them for trying and rejecting Paul, whom they and all of Asia turned from.

Are you so unwilling to face the truth that is staring you in the face? Why did John write to the churches that forsook Paul? Why does John clearly state the New Jerusalem is built on the foundation, not of Paul, but of the 12, not 13, apostles of the lamb? Why does John's very first comment, to the very first church he addresses, happen to be regarding them trying those who claimed to be Apostles? Who else did the church of Ephisus reject and who else do we have on record as claiming to be Apostles? Paul is the obvious target of John's words and the evidence is overwhelming. Paul's own words, "all they which are in Asia be turned away from me", is the clear evidence which points to Paul as the one they found to be a liar.

Close your eyes to the problems in the church, as it proclaims its message, not of Jesus's teachings as being the way to salvation, which Jesus taught, but a message about an abstract belief in Jesus as being what saves a person, and then don't acknowledge Paul as being the propagator of this concept that is heresy.

The sad part is: I haven't even began to expose the many of Paul's teachings that contradict Jesus's.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can you show me where Jesus, or Peter, or any other true Apostle claims Paul as an Apostle
I do not understand why you have such a disregard for Paul, he is an example to us.

He was a man aproved of by man but not God
He was blind and could not see
He walked in darkness ant not teh light
A man filled with Knowledge yet knew nothing
Than he met Jesus
Than He became a man aproved of by God and despised by man
His eyes where opened and and teh truth revealed
He went from the darkness into the light

as he put it

Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

He rejected all he had before to know Christ, something few christians will do.

As for His calling

Act 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Act 9:10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
Act 9:11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
Act 9:12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
Act 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
Act 9:14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
Act 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sak
e.

are you going to deny one called by Christ.

May 25, 2017
Windsor
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not understand why you have such a disregard for Paul, he is an example to us.

He was a man aproved of by man but not God
He was blind and could not see
He walked in darkness ant not teh light
A man filled with Knowledge yet knew nothing
Than he met Jesus
Than He became a man aproved of by God and despised by man
His eyes where opened and and teh truth revealed
He went from the darkness into the light

as he put it

Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

He rejected all he had before to know Christ, something few christians will do.

As for His calling

Act 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Act 9:10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
Act 9:11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
Act 9:12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
Act 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
Act 9:14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
Act 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sak
e.

are you going to deny one called by Christ.

Paul created hierarchy structures, which Christ forbade of his followers. Paul micromanaged his followers which Christ never did. Paul discriminated against women, telling women: "obey your husband's as unto the Lord"; we have one master: Christ, not husbands. Paul says: "if a woman is to learn anything let her ask her husband" and is a shovenist; Christ treated men and women with the same regard. Christ calls men to not judge, to forgive, to appeal to God for forgiveness as they have forgiven those who trespassed against them; Paul calls men who kill others ministers of God. Paul exalts himself to the status of Apostle; Christ states the greatest of men shall abase himself (as mother Teresa did). Paul creates a gospel about Christ and hardly mentions even one of Jesus's teachings; Jesus said: make disciples (those disciplined in the teaching of a master: Christ) of all nations, teaching them to observe his teachings. Paul clearly states he preached a new, self-made gospel; Jesus preached his gospel of forgiveness from sin based upon men forgiving others; Paul held other's sins against them (Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works); Jesus forgave those who crucified him: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."

Need I go on? I can if I must.

Paul condones slavery; Jesus only used it to define how we should relate to God.

Even with all these contradictions, you will most likely overlook the teachings of Christ that Paul contradicts, only to defend Paul: as you have little to no regard for Christ.

Paul is the leader of most people who claim they are Christians, as it is his doctrines they primarily have established their beliefs upon, not Christ's.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Need I go on? I can if I must.
Please do go on, I guess I just found teh perfect christian.

Wont change the fact He was called by Jesus, if you dont like it than tell Jesus He doesnt know what he is doing, i am sure He would like to hear from you.

None of teh apostles where perfect they all screwed up just like we do.

May 25, 2017
Windsor
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please do go on, I guess I just found teh perfect christian.

Wont change the fact He was called by Jesus, if you dont like it than tell Jesus He doesnt know what he is doing, i am sure He would like to hear from you.

None of teh apostles where perfect they all screwed up just like we do.

While I was editing my post, you posted this one, but here is the 2 paragraphs I added before seeing your response: "Even with all these contradictions, you will most likely overlook the teachings of Christ that Paul contradicts, only to defend Paul: as you have little to no regard for Christ.

Paul is the leader of most people who claim they are Christians, as it is his doctrines they primarily have established their beliefs upon, not Christ's."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As i said Paul was not perfect, even teh disciple fought and argued against one another, who is the greatest among themselves they argued, Paul paid a price for His walk with Jesus one few christians are willing to pay. There is no one on the face of this earth with all teh truth, like a big puzzle where we all have alittl bit .