Another Newbie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

19DuggarFan

Jul 8, 2015
Hello to all at Christianity Board, my name is James, i am new to this board but have been part of another forum for 3 years. I have used the same username there and although I know the family is going thru some bad times, I will always be fond of the stand this family has taken for God. And ask for all here to pray for the family and the victims of the eldest son's terrible mistake(s).

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We watched the Duggars as well in our household. Not necessarily because they were Christian, but because we found the mechanics and economics of a household with 19 kids to be interesting. It's also cleaner TV. Interestingly enough, we now watch the Bates spin-off show and honestly find them to be a little more "normal" (bad word choice maybe) or relate-able.

That said, certain choices that the parents (and later kids) made I think took things too far in their lifestyle and were a little over the top. My sympathy lies with the victims first and the whole family (including Josh). It's terrible all around, but he's certainly seeing a more heavy attack based upon his public choices for his faith for something that he indeed did while a teenager. It does not, by any stretch, justify the actions, but it's also important to point out that even by secular standards, he's not a pedophile. However, some of the choices made in the whole debacle were probably not the best and, like it or not, when you enter the public sphere your dirty laundry will come out.

We will continue to pray for them, but I am thankful for some lessons and entertainment from the family where I didn't have to worry about what I was watching. My main prayer is for the kids, both the victims and his own family who now bears all of this in the public eye.

Nonetheless, welcome to CB!! :)

19DuggarFan

Jul 8, 2015
HammerStone said:
We watched the Duggars as well in our household. Not necessarily because they were Christian, but because we found the mechanics and economics of a household with 19 kids to be interesting. It's also cleaner TV. Interestingly enough, we now watch the Bates spin-off show and honestly find them to be a little more "normal" (bad word choice maybe) or relate-able.

That said, certain choices that the parents (and later kids) made I think took things too far in their lifestyle and were a little over the top. My sympathy lies with the victims first and the whole family (including Josh). It's terrible all around, but he's certainly seeing a more heavy attack based upon his public choices for his faith for something that he indeed did while a teenager. It does not, by any stretch, justify the actions, but it's also important to point out that even by secular standards, he's not a pedophile. However, some of the choices made in the whole debacle were probably not the best and, like it or not, when you enter the public sphere your dirty laundry will come out.

We will continue to pray for them, but I am thankful for some lessons and entertainment from the family where I didn't have to worry about what I was watching. My main prayer is for the kids, both the victims and his own family who now bears all of this in the public eye.

Nonetheless, welcome to CB!! :)
Thanks for the welcome, pretty much agree with you about the Duggar Family, but to the best of my knowledge don't have cable access to the Bates Family.

But really think most of this news came out to the public, because of the family stand against the LGBT community.