Another Premillennial absurdity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the response, yes you deny that Jesus Christ is eternal and present in the beginning, also a denial Jesus is creator of all things, your views are way outside foundational Christian orthodoxy

You in my opinion would be in the cultic school of Jehovahs Witnesses concerning Jesus Christ, For this very reason I don't take your postings serious

Jesus Christ is eternal God Almighty, creator of all things, the Alpha/Omega

Jesus Is The Lord
Can I ask you a question? What is deity? List as many attributes associated with Deity as you can.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is theological waffle. This is exactly what the cults do. They twist the biblical language to mean the opposite to what it reads. It is the inspired words that expose your teaching. You are fighting with the Word of God. It ably refutes your heresy.

Even worse than that! It's re-writing the Words of God in the way they think God really meant. IOW thinking they know better than God and need to teach Him.

Reactions: WPM and covenantee

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even worse than that! It's re-writing the Words of God in the way they think God really meant. IOW thinking they know better than God and need to teach Him.
Same question. Name as many attributes of Deity as you can. It shouldn't be hard

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I consider your insults to be a clear indication that you have no answer to what I said. And I am beginning to suspect that you have no reasons for what you believe. I gave you reasons and you didn't like the taste.

No insults. Simply the truth! You have an issue with it. My detailed posts above that you responded to refute everything you said. It is pointless repeating it to one who is so blind to the truth. It is the truth that destroys your heresy. You have no answer to it. Keep your cultic Unitarianism to yourself.

Reactions: Charlie24

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No insults. Simply the truth! You have an issue with it. My post that you responded to refutes everything you said. It is pointless repeating it to one who is blind to the truth. It is the truth that destroys your heresy. You have no answer to it.
You don't understand. You posted, then I responded. Now it's your turn to respond. Try not to repeat yourself.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word, which became flesh, is not a person. "The word" is a promise. When the Bible says that God keeps his word, it means God never makes a promise he doesn't keep. God promised that he would rule over all Creation. That promise became flesh and walked among us.

This seems a bit contradictory. Which is it, "after his birth" or "prior to creation?" It can't be both at the same time and in the same way. The New Testament teaches us that Jesus Christ is the purpose of all that God created; everything was made with him in view. This is why, for instance, it says that Jesus is the lamb slain "before the world was founded." In other words, God planned to have Jesus Christ become the focal point of all of history, not only including is birth, but also his life, his death on the cross, his resurrection and his ascension. Before God made anything at all, he planned everything out in advance.

The New Testament draws a distinction between "what" Jesus is, and "who" Jesus is. With regard to the question "what is Jesus?" the answer is "Jesus is a man." With regard to the question, "who is Jesus" the answer is "Jesus is the son of God" the one whom God will place all things under his feet.

hmm, maybe. We can't know this for sure.

You are talking absolute and utter heretical Unitarian nonsense. The Word is a person. Jesus is not an abstract concept or a mere promise. He is a person. He is divine. He is the Word. Hello! The Word was made flesh. Hello! And the Word was God. Hello! You cannot deal with that. It totally demolishes your heresy and blasphemy.

John 1:1, 2&14 says, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God … And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”

Here we see that the Word (Christ) was “made flesh.” The Son of God became a man. He took on human flesh to identify with man and live the life he couldn’t live. Whilst the Word existed “in the beginning with God” it was manifested physically in the person of Jesus Christ.

As the Son of Man Christ was born in Bethlehem, but as the Son of God He always existed.'

• Love
Reactions: Charlie24 and rwb

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence.
Jesus is not omnipotent. He needs the help of Angels. Matthew 26:53
Jesus is not omniscient. He does not know the day or the hour. Matthew 24:36
Jesus is not omnipresent. He comes to a church. Revelation 2:16

If Jesus was Deity, he would have these attributes. He doesn't have these attributes so he isn't Deity.
What else?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been misinformed. In my view, the following is what John intends to say.

In the beginning was the word
Here the term "word" refers to a promise God made concerning his plans to literally and physically dwell among his people, ruling over Israel and ultimately over the entire world. He will dwell in Jerusalem and walk among his people.
[The term "word" doesn't refer to a second person of the Trinity.]

and the word was with God
Here the term "with" refers to the power and agency that will bring about the promise. In other words, fulfillment of the promise depends solely on God alone. The promise resides under his purview alone and will come about according to his power and under his authority alone. [John is not proposing that one member of a Godhead resides with another member of a Godhead.]

and the word was God.
The promise was God himself. Both testaments of the Bible speak about the promise that God himself would live and rule in the presence of his people. The promise is that God will "dwell among us." [John is not asserting that the Godhead contains a second person who is also God.]

At the first, the promises of God are potentially true until the day that the promises are fulfilled, when they become actually true.

And the word became flesh and dwelt among us
The promise that God would "dwell among us", which at first was potentially true, became a reality in Jesus Christ. In Jesus Christ, the promise was actualized and realized.

and we saw His glory
John and his people witnessed the glory of God the father

glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Jesus is known as "the only begotten" which is language taken from Psalm 2. This particular Psalm, recognized as a correlation Psalm, speaks about the King of Israel, whom God recognizes as his son. (Refer to 1 Samuel 7) The king becomes the son of God on the day that a son of David begins his rule on the throne of David. On THAT day (not when he is born) it is said of him, "today I have begotten you."

Jesus is the particular son of David who will literally and completely fulfill the promise of Psalm 2. One day, in our future, The Lord will install his king, Jesus Christ, upon Zion and establish him on his holy mountain. And at that time the Lord will give him the nations as his inheritance and the very ends of the earth as his possession.

Isaiah 9:6-7 says, For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth.”

Who is this talking about?

Who was born of a virgin?

Jesus!

He is described as “The mighty God.”

YHWH is called the Mighty God in Jeremiah 32:18 and Isaiah 10:21. In all three verses, the Hebrew word for "mighty" (gibbor) is used.

Isaiah was looking toward the Messiah – one that would supernaturally be brought into this world. One that would be God manifested in flesh. Isaiah 7:14 says: “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”

In Matthew chapter 1, verse 23, it says, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”

If we look at the Greek section in the Interlinear we see that the word Immanuel means, “With us the God.” Again, in Greek, “With us ho theos.

Micah 5:2 adds further detail to the coming Messiah in the Old Testament prophecy, again adding further proof of His deity:thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”

As the Son of God Christ is from everlasting.” Jesus Christ is the eternal God ushered into time and manifested physically to redeem His fallen people.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are talking absolute and utter heretical Unitarian nonsense.
More insults?
The Word is a person. Jesus is not an abstract concept or a mere promise.
The "Word" is NOT a person BECAUSE Jesus is not an abrstact concept. Only later, in Gnostic writing does the term "logos" refer to a person. You aren't a Gnostic are you?
The Word was made flesh.
John says the word BECAME flesh. First. the word became flesh as a house plan becomes a building. A building is first conceptualized and documented on paper. After this, a builder interprets the plans in order to give form and shape to the building through the medium of glass, stone, and wood. We could say that the plans became a house. The concept was actualized. The idea came into reality. John is saying that God had a plan and when it was time the plan became reality in Jesus.

Hello! And the Word was God. Hello! You cannot deal with that. It totally demolishes your heresy and blasphemy.
You seem to live in your imagination. I give you no indication that I can't deal with it.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 9:6-7 says, For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth.”

Who is this talking about?

Who was born of a virgin?
Yes, he was born of a virgin.
He is described as “The mighty God.”
Wrong. There is NO description. Isaiah doesn't describe the mighty God. He simply says, "he shall be called "the mighty God." You put words in the mouth of Isaiah. Why will the child be called "the mighty God"? Because the child will represent the mighty God, as Paul said. The son is the representation of God.
One that would be God manifested in flesh.
Agreed, Jesus is God manifested in the flesh. It doesn't follow from this that he is Deity. These are two different things.
Isaiah 7:14 says: “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
The sign was given to Ahaz and fulfilled during his lifetime. The name of Isaiah's child was "Immanuel" which means "God is with us." Contrary to what some might think, this doesn't mean "God is present here with us." In this context the word "with" is the opposite of "against." When God is "with" Israel, he blesses them, fights for them, and keeps them from destruction. In this instance, God was "with" Ahaz in that God did not allow the Northern tribes to attack Ahaz and his people.
In Matthew chapter 1, verse 23, it says, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”
Matthew isn't suggesting that Isaiah 7 predicted the coming of Jesus. Matthew is saying that the coming of Jesus fulfills Isaiah 7 in a deeper, more profound way. The phrase "God with us" doesn't mean "the second person of the Trinity is with us.
If we look at the Greek section in the Interlinear we see that the word Immanuel means, “With us the God.” Again, in Greek, “With us ho theos.

Micah 5:2 adds further detail to the coming Messiah in the Old Testament prophecy, again adding further proof of His deity:thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”

As the Son of God Christ is from everlasting.” Jesus Christ is the eternal God ushered into time and manifested physically to redeem His fallen people.
Micah isn't saying that the one born in Bethlehem existed "from of old". No, follow Micah's chain of thought.
  1. Out of Bethlehem, one shall come forth "unto me." (not away from me)
  2. The goings forth have been from of old
  3. The goings forth have been from everlasting.

Micah is talking about the "goings forth" which have been from of old. In other words, the decision to have someone come out from Bethlehem belongs in the past. The one coming out of Bethlehem didn't come until the first century.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not omnipotent. He needs the help of Angels. Matthew 26:53
Jesus is not omniscient. He does not know the day or the hour. Matthew 24:36
Jesus is not omnipresent. He comes to a church. Revelation 2:16

If Jesus was Deity, he would have these attributes. He doesn't have these attributes so he isn't Deity.
What else?

Not insults, truth! Shame on you! You are not just a heretic, you are a blasphemer also. You should not be allowed on a Christian board. There is no one as blind as one who cannot see. Unless you repent you shall likewise perish!

Jesus is Omnipotent

Most of us will be familiar with the words of Christ in Matthew 28:18 after He was resurrected, “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth”

You cannot divide the deity up. They are one in essence, power, authority and purpose. Jesus said in John 3:35, “The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.”

Jesus carried heaven’s authority and came to this earth to implement it.

Jesus said, “as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man” (John 5:26-27).

Jesus said in Matthew 11:27, All things are delivered unto me of my Father.”

John 13:3 records: Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God.”

Jesus said in John 16:15: “All things that the Father hath are mine.”

Joh 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
Joh 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Please do not underestimate this! His omnipotence was repeatedly revealed through the power of His very voice.

(a) Power over the deep (Luke 8:24).
(b) Power over disease (Luke 6:19).
(c) Power over devils (Matthew 14:36; 15:30; Mark 1:26, 34).
(d) Power over death (John 11:25, 44).
(e) All power (Matthew 28:18).

Multiplied the food

Jesus possesses creative power in His very mouth. We see that in the feeding of the 5000 in all four gospels (Matthew 14:13-21; Mark 6:31-44; Luke 9:12-17; John 6:1-14).

Mat 14:19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
Mat 14:20 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.
Mat 14:21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.

We see that in the feeding of the 4,000 in Matthew 15:32-39 and Mark 8:1-9.

Mat 15:33 And his disciples say unto him, Whence should we have so much bread in the wilderness, as to fill so great a multitude?
Mat 15:34 And Jesus saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.
Mat 15:35 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground.
Mat 15:36 And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
Mat 15:37 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets full.
Mat 15:38 And they that did eat were four thousand men, beside women and children.

Had authority over the elements

Do you remember when He was on the boat, and it looked like it was about to sink.

Mat 8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
Mat 8:27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

Do you remember his first Miracle at the wedding of Cana?

Joh 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
Joh 2:4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
Joh 2:5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
Joh 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.

Joh 2:7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
Joh 2:8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
Joh 2:9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew, the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,

Jesus walking on water

Mat 14:25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
Mat 14:26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
Mat 14:27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

Reactions: rwb

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More insults?

The "Word" is NOT a person BECAUSE Jesus is not an abrstact concept. Only later, in Gnostic writing does the term "logos" refer to a person. You aren't a Gnostic are you?

John says the word BECAME flesh. First. the word became flesh as a house plan becomes a building. A building is first conceptualized and documented on paper. After this, a builder interprets the plans in order to give form and shape to the building through the medium of glass, stone, and wood. We could say that the plans became a house. The concept was actualized. The idea came into reality. John is saying that God had a plan and when it was time the plan became reality in Jesus.

You seem to live in your imagination. I give you no indication that I can't deal with it.

Healings

I could mention all His healings, but we would be here all night. I therefore just want to mention two in passing because they came to my attention today as I was meditating upon the divine power of Jesus Christ.

The first one is the resurrection of Lazarus! This rocked the religious world of Jesus day. So much so, that they wanted to kill both Jesus and Lazarus after it. No one could deny that this was a notable supernatural miracle.

Joh 11:39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone …
Joh 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
Joh 11:44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with grave clothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

When they came to arrest Jesus and Peter thought he would defend the Lord by using his sword. He ended up cutting off the ear of the high priest’s servant.

Luk 22:50 And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.
Luk 22:51 And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

Power over the angelic host!

When Peter was trying to stop Christ going to the cross, Jesus responded in Matt 26:53-54:

53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

He had power over the angelic host!

By the way, a full Roman legion was composed of 6,000 soldiers. More than twelve legions of angels therefore would be in excess of 72,000.

Joh 18:4 Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?
Joh 18:5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
Joh 18:6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

This was no mere man, religious hero or demigod. This was God manifested in flesh! By simply opening His mouth He released divine power. The majesty and authority that were released through His words were so potent that it caused His aggressors to fall to the ground.

Look at the power that He simply possessed in His mouth!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, he was born of a virgin.

Wrong. There is NO description. Isaiah doesn't describe the mighty God. He simply says, "he shall be called "the mighty God." You put words in the mouth of Isaiah. Why will the child be called "the mighty God"? Because the child will represent the mighty God, as Paul said. The son is the representation of God.

You talk like the JWs. You talk some nonsense. Are you a JW? This is heretical lies.

Why would a human be called "mighty God" if He is not "mighty God"? This is ridiculous!

Agreed, Jesus is God manifested in the flesh. It doesn't follow from this that he is Deity. These are two different things.

More double-speak. If Jesus is God manifested in the flesh then He is divine.

The sign was given to Ahaz and fulfilled during his lifetime. The name of Isaiah's child was "Immanuel" which means "God is with us." Contrary to what some might think, this doesn't mean "God is present here with us." In this context the word "with" is the opposite of "against." When God is "with" Israel, he blesses them, fights for them, and keeps them from destruction. In this instance, God was "with" Ahaz in that God did not allow the Northern tribes to attack Ahaz and his people.

Matthew isn't suggesting that Isaiah 7 predicted the coming of Jesus. Matthew is saying that the coming of Jesus fulfills Isaiah 7 in a deeper, more profound way. The phrase "God with us" doesn't mean "the second person of the Trinity is with us.

If we look at the Greek section in the Interlinear we see that the word Immanuel means, “With us the God”. Again, in Greek, “With us ho theos.”

There is absolutely no foundation to your claims. How can you relate Isaiah 7.14 to a mere man? Was he born of a virgin? Did his name denote Immanuel - "God with us"? Of course not! That is preposterous. Was any other human apart from Jesus born of a virgin? Of course not! You are enforcing your Unitarianism on the sacred text where it doesn’t belong.

Isaiah was looking forward to that great wonderful long-anticipated event when God would take on human form and reveal Himself to mankind physically.

This couldn't be clearer! Matthew 1:20-23 sees the fulfilment of this Old Testament Messianic prophecy, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Micah isn't saying that the one born in Bethlehem existed "from of old". No, follow Micah's chain of thought.
  1. Out of Bethlehem, one shall come forth "unto me." (not away from me)
  2. The goings forth have been from of old
  3. The goings forth have been from everlasting.

Micah is talking about the "goings forth" which have been from of old. In other words, the decision to have someone come out from Bethlehem belongs in the past. The one coming out of Bethlehem didn't come until the first century.

More heretical nonsense! Micah 5:2: thou, Bethlehem … though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”

As the Son of God Christ is “from everlasting. “Jesus Christ is the eternal God ushered into time and manifested physically to redeem His fallen people.

Christ existed before Bethlehem. He was the eternal Son of God, and therefore before David. Jesus testified in John 6:62, “ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before.” The Lord testified in John 8:58, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." Jesus declared, in His great intercessory petition to His Father, in John 17:5, “And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not insults, truth! Shame on you! You are not just a heretic, you are a blasphemer also. You should not be allowed on a Christian board. There is no one as blind as one who cannot see. Unless you repent you shall likewise perish!

Jesus is Omnipotent

Most of us will be familiar with the words of Christ in Matthew 28:18 after He was resurrected, “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth”
Omnipotence refers to ability not authority. There is a difference.
(a) Power over the deep (Luke 8:24).
(b) Power over disease (Luke 6:19).
(c) Power over devils (Matthew 14:36; 15:30; Mark 1:26, 34).
(d) Power over death (John 11:25, 44).
(e) All power (Matthew 28:18).
Jesus said that his miracles proved that God the Father was with him. Therefore, it was God the Father, not Jesus who actualized the miracles.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You talk like the JWs. You talk some nonsense. Are you a JW? This is heretical lies.
I am not JW.
Why would a human be called "mighty God" if He is not "mighty God"? This is ridiculous!
He is called mighty God because he represents God.
More double-speak. If Jesus is God manifested in the flesh then He is divine.
Divine Yes, Deity no.
There is absolutely no foundation to your claims. How can you relate Isaiah 7.14
Isaiah 7:14 is about a boy.

I understand your frustration. You have no idea what you are saying. Perhaps you are getting the hint that you can't baffle me with a copy and paste job. It doesn't cut it.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Healings

I could mention all His healings, but we would be here all night. I therefore just want to mention two in passing because they came to my attention today as I was meditating upon the divine power of Jesus Christ.

The first one is the resurrection of Lazarus! This rocked the religious world of Jesus day. So much so, that they wanted to kill both Jesus and Lazarus after it. No one could deny that this was a notable supernatural miracle.

Joh 11:39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone …
Joh 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
Joh 11:44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with grave clothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

When they came to arrest Jesus and Peter thought he would defend the Lord by using his sword. He ended up cutting off the ear of the high priest’s servant.

Luk 22:50 And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.
Luk 22:51 And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

Power over the angelic host!

When Peter was trying to stop Christ going to the cross, Jesus responded in Matt 26:53-54:

53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

He had power over the angelic host!

By the way, a full Roman legion was composed of 6,000 soldiers. More than twelve legions of angels therefore would be in excess of 72,000.

Joh 18:4 Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?
Joh 18:5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
Joh 18:6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

This was no mere man, religious hero or demigod. This was God manifested in flesh! By simply opening His mouth He released divine power. The majesty and authority that were released through His words were so potent that it caused His aggressors to fall to the ground.

Look at the power that He simply possessed in His mouth!
Jesus didn't heal by his own power. As I pointed out, through the Miracles God the Father proved that he sent Jesus to speak for him. He told them, "if you don't believe me, believe the miracles that I do."

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So Jesus isn't human? Why did I know you would say that? I knew this wouldn't last long. Either Jesus is human or he isn't. I wonder if you believe he is human.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word, which became flesh, is not a person. "The word" is a promise. When the Bible says that God keeps his word, it means God never makes a promise he doesn't keep. God promised that he would rule over all Creation. That promise became flesh and walked among us.

This seems a bit contradictory. Which is it, "after his birth" or "prior to creation?" It can't be both at the same time and in the same way. The New Testament teaches us that Jesus Christ is the purpose of all that God created; everything was made with him in view. This is why, for instance, it says that Jesus is the lamb slain "before the world was founded." In other words, God planned to have Jesus Christ become the focal point of all of history, not only including is birth, but also his life, his death on the cross, his resurrection and his ascension. Before God made anything at all, he planned everything out in advance.

The New Testament draws a distinction between "what" Jesus is, and "who" Jesus is. With regard to the question "what is Jesus?" the answer is "Jesus is a man." With regard to the question, "who is Jesus" the answer is "Jesus is the son of God" the one whom God will place all things under his feet.

hmm, maybe. We can't know this for sure.
The point is you do not accept Jesus as a person can exist outside of the creation, that He personally created, as the Word, and was given as a person.

Jesus reigns over creation. But all on earth has not submitted to that authority until after the Second Coming and the final harvest.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not JW.

He is called mighty God because he represents God.

Are we also "mighty God" because we "represent God"?

Divine Yes, Deity no.

Explain yourself. You talk such gibberish.

Isaiah 7:14 is about a boy.

I understand your frustration. You have no idea what you are saying. Perhaps you are getting the hint that you can't baffle me with a copy and paste job. It doesn't cut it.

This is talking about the Messiah who was born of a virgin. No one else was qualified to meet this lofty prediction. You expose yourself in your writings. You have lost all credibility on this board with your heresy and blasphemy.

Last edited: