anti-christ sitting in the rebuilt Jewish 3rd. temple saying he is god.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ivor

Dec 9, 2018
Barnsley
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great if you genuinely believe that you may be wrong.... however if you don't accept that's possible then maybe I am right .... ha! ha!

Reactions: Hidden In Him
D

Dave L

I think you mean the promises are yes and amen to those in Christ. And yes, that's precisely why the scriptures suggest He is not done with the Jews.

Let me ask you this: Micheal is described as the spiritual principality over the nation Israel, as opposed to a demonic prince who ruled over the region of Persia (Daniel 10:13). As such, the passage below is talking about the children of God, not as a spiritual entity, but as existing in a Geographical Region, Correct?

1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which stands for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people (i.e. Daniel's people) shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. (Daniel 12:1-2)
Jesus IS Israel along with those who believe in him = all the promises apply to Him and us. Not to the broken off unbelievers.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus IS Israel along with those who believe in him = all the promises apply to Him and us. Not to the broken off unbelievers.

You're a master of evasion, LoL. I should have known I wasn't going to get a direct answer to my question... Turkey.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're a master of evasion, LoL. I should have known I wasn't going to get a direct answer to my question... Turkey.

When we had turkeys our neighbours complained because they were too noisy. Know what I mean. They made too much noise and they preferred to purchase frozen turkeys rather than keep a live one in their back yard for any special occasions. Pity about this occasion.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great if you genuinely believe that you may be wrong.... however if you don't accept that's possible then maybe I am right .... ha! ha!

Good post. :) I'll actually admit when I've been shown something I didn't see before. It just doesn't happen very often, LoL.

An example (Posts #218, 222, and 223):
Poll Bible

Reactions: Dave L

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we had turkeys our neighbours complained because they were too noisy. Know what I mean. They made too much noise and they preferred to purchase frozen turkeys rather than keep a live one in their back yard for any special occasions. Pity about this occasion.

You forgot to mention they can really be a nuisance sometimes!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

We need to realize that Antichrist sits in the Temple of God as defined by scripture. And the temple is Jesus and the church or Christendom. God does not have a brick and mortar temple. People might build one and call it God's temple, but this is a lie.

D

Dave L

Also, when Jesus abolished circumcision, nothing remained to make one a physical Jew or physical member of Israel. God broke off the unbelieving Jews. These became gentiles by default and call themselves Israel. But they have no genuine link to biblical Israel.

Reactions: Ivor

Ivor

Dec 9, 2018
Barnsley
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yet people today become proselyte Jews just as they did in ancient days regardless of whether there is a temple or not

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, when Jesus abolished circumcision, nothing remained to make one a physical Jew or physical member of Israel. God broke off the unbelieving Jews. These became gentiles by default and call themselves Israel. But they have no genuine link to biblical Israel.

No, the apostles still recognize them as Jews and told them Israel would return.

But also told them believing Jews would be part of the church.

So they did not become effectively Gentiles.

If you want to go after that thinking all returned to the status before Abraham, where everyone was just human beings. No Jews and no Gentiles.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet people today become proselyte Jews just as they did in ancient days regardless of whether there is a temple or not

If you want to get technical, the temple is not a Jewish thing, it is a covenant Israel thing. A nation of chosen ancestry of Abraham in a covenant relationship with God. A covenant which does not exist now but will in the future to the houses of Judah and Israel.

Further, today Judaism is not the worship of God. God divorced Israel, ripped the veil and opened himself to everyone. Judaism does not accept Christ.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with this debate for me is that I believe Rome will play a significant role: She is going to be turned into toast by the ten nation Caliphate that arises in the earth prior to the emergence of the Mahdi, i.e. the Antichrist (Revelation 17:15-17). But as I have complained before, it troubles me that many - even many throughout church history - have never been able to properly discern between the Whore and the Beast. One will clearly hate the other, and destroy her by fire.

I see we agree that it will be a ten-nation confederacy of Eastern Rome, not Western Rome as is the popular opinion.

D

Dave L

No, the apostles still recognize them as Jews and told them Israel would return.

But also told them believing Jews would be part of the church.

So they did not become effectively Gentiles.

If you want to go after that thinking all returned to the status before Abraham, where everyone was just human beings. No Jews and no Gentiles.
The Jews circumcised before the crucifixion were genuine Jews and members of Israel. When they died off, nothing remained to make one a physical Jew or physical member of Israel. Paul was surrounded with genuinely circumcised Jews and spoke to them verbally and in his letters.