Anti-reformers month

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
WHY CAN T THYE ? are they sinners ? what if there was proper cause for being remarried ? is it the unpardonable sin ?
Sorry Ezra, it sounded like you knew the situation...

"Remarried" in this case just means those that were divorced for non-acceptable reasons (by the CC) and then remarried.
Until Pope Francis they were not allowed to receive communion.

Pope Francis stated in a writing (I can't remember which type) that they could now receive communion unless there was some very SPECIFIC reason why they couldn't (to be determined by their priest). This goes against the teaching of the CC for the past 2,000 years and Pope Francis DID take the oath that every Pope takes that he would not change doctrine already established.

For short, this situation was referred to as "remarrieds". Those remarried under unacceptable circumstances.

You know it's not the unpardonable sin and I think the question is just rhetorical.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Ezra, it sounded like you knew the situation...

"Remarried" in this case just means those that were divorced for non-acceptable reasons (by the CC) and then remarried.
Until Pope Francis they were not allowed to receive communion.

Pope Francis stated in a writing (I can't remember which type) that they could now receive communion unless there was some very SPECIFIC reason why they couldn't (to be determined by their priest). This goes against the teaching of the CC for the past 2,000 years and Pope Francis DID take the oath that every Pope takes that he would not change doctrine already established.

For short, this situation was referred to as "remarrieds". Those remarried under unacceptable circumstances.

You know it's not the unpardonable sin and I think the question is just rhetorical.
Hi @GodsGrace,

So before Pope Francis, even if the divorced person got an annulment, and remarried they could not receive Communion?

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. - Really? Don't you think that's a bit of a stretch? I once saw Yeshua (once through a window of heaven, and once when I died), and He didn't look anything like the church or the pope, for that matter.
2. - The church is sinful. Yeshua isn't.
3. - Yeshua dwells in me, but I can assure you that I'm not blameless.
I think your religion's got your thinking all twisted up.

If you saw Yeshua, you have no need for saving faith, therefore you cannot be saved.
We are justified by belief/faith in the Lord Jesus. We walk by faith, not by sight. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you saw Yeshua, you have no need for saving faith, therefore you cannot be saved.
We are justified by belief/faith in the Lord Jesus. We walk by faith, not by sight. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Faith is the bridge to the reality of God. You should try it sometime.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above is not for me....
but I see a big error there.

What do you mean by BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE?
That we better know its the true JESUS we are following and not another version of said JESUS .
For if we follow a version of Jesus created by men , We will surely wail on the DAY of the LORD .
Let us learn the scriptures well and test all things that men do teach .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For they are not all of ISRAEL who are of israel . Paul made that quite clear .
Thus TRUE ISRAEL are those who believe in the glorious LORD JESUS .
No jew is truly of ISRAEL , lest they are followers of Christ . Paul actually wrote this . They are not ALL OF ISRAEL who are of israel .
The children of the flesh are not the children of the LORD . YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN .
TRUE ISRAEL even has its TRUE JERUSALEM which is above in the heavens . ITS ALL ABOUT KNOWING JESUS . HE ALONE IS THE ONLY HOPE for anyone , whether jew or gentile .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really hope you don't believe that!
Jn 8:32 truth
Jn 16:13 without error
Jn 10:16 one church
Matt 16:18 His church
Matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail
Rev 21:2 prepared by God therefore pure holy spotless

Ephesians 5:27
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying to saints , to mary and angels , IS ERROR .
So why follow that institution just cause it calls itself the church . Follow CHRIST and learn that bible well my friend . Fore its too late .
Where does the Bible say not to pray to them?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jn 8:32 truth
Jn 16:13 without error
Jn 10:16 one church
Matt 16:18 His church
Matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail
Rev 21:2 prepared by God therefore pure holy spotless

Ephesians 5:27
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Apart from this religious gobble-de-goop that for some reason you are driven to push, you seem like a nice guy. You know where I stand on it...knock yourself out! Sigh!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbiblical? I was referring to history. I wasn't giving a Bible lesson. But if you want evidence that the Catholic Church is the Antichrist of scripture as the reformers taught I will oblige. I'm fact, I have a thread doing that very thing.

Eph 2:20 which so called reformer
Was an apostle??

Virtues are not natural, but supernatural helps from God!

The virtues are exercised to the highest degree in Mary most holy and to perfection in Jesus Christ!

The doctrine of demons are filled with the vices of the demons!

Humility and obedience are the virtues most forgotten and ignored, many who claim the name of Christ are not practicing His virtues

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Truth is revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles) Jude 1:3 then proposed by the church! Matt 28:19

Christ and His church are one!

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

Dan 2:44 Isa 2:2 Micah 4:1 fulfilled in matt 5:14

matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail
Matt 18:17 hear the truth from the church
1 Tim 3:15 the church is the pillar and ground of truth.

Faith ascents & never protests or rebels!
Spiritual Pride protests & is always in rebellion

The nature of spiritual pride is rebellion!
Spiritual pride must protest, and must be right!

Christ and His one true church cannot be right or my self-righteous personal interpretation base on spiritual pride and private judgement must be wrong, and that is unacceptable!

Truth must be revealed by God, and taught by the church, proposed for our belief, we must be instructed!
Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 Acts 8:31 Lk 10:16 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Nature of doctrine:

Truth or doctrine MUST be Revealed by God And Proposed by the church for belief, not spiritual pride and self-righteous private judgement!
Claim: “scripture alone”
It’s really just the ugly repugnant pride!
It’s no faith at all only spiritual pride and self-righteous private judgement!
They Hope in creatures not in God!

It is unlawful to refuse to accept a truth revealed by God!

Matt 28:19 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Truth matters! It is revealed by God and therefore CANNOT be changed!
The church likewise is founded by Christ and therefore CANNOT be reformed!

Faith hope and charity! 1 cor 13:13
Three are eternal, and the greatest is charity!
“Faith alone”? Never faith, hope, & charity are inseparable!
If salvation was by faith alone then the greatest would be faith, but as even “all faith“ without charity avails nothing! 1 cor 13:2

Spiritual Anarchy!

True Christians do not act from
Pride, presumption, and arrogance!

Private judgement!

Personal interpretation!

I decide truth for myself!

These are NOT Christian virtues!

This is NOT faith!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

This extends to the truth and to the church founded by Christ to teach all
men!

Cos Jesus Christ is the truth and cos His church is of divine origin, commissioned to teach the truth!

Christians must be taught and that requires humility! Lk 1:4 matt 28:19-20 matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 acts 2:42 acts 8:31

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God cannot reveal error and the church cannot teach error!

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics like luther, calvin, etc. but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope, not correct. The pope is a heretic.

Spiritual Anarchy!

God cannot reveal error and the church cannot teach error!

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics like luther, calvin, etc. but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!

True Christians do not act from
Pride, presumption, and arrogance!

Private judgement!

Personal interpretation!

I decide truth for myself!

These are NOT Christian virtues!

This is NOT faith!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

This extends to the truth and to the church founded by Christ to teach all
men!

Cos Jesus Christ is the truth and cos His church is of divine origin, commissioned to teach the truth!

Christians must be taught and that requires humility! Lk 1:4 matt 28:19-20 matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 acts 2:42 acts 8:31

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors founded in the one true church by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) holy mother church replaced Israel Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Virtues are not natural, but supernatural helps from God!

The virtues are exercised to the highest degree in Mary most holy and to perfection in Jesus Christ!

The doctrine of demons are filled with the vices of the demons!

Humility and obedience are the virtues most forgotten and ignored, many who claim the name of Christ are not practicing His virtues

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Truth is revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles) Jude 1:3 then proposed by the church! Matt 28:19

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

Dan 2:44 Isa 2:2 Micah 4:1 fulfilled in matt 5:14

matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail
Matt 18:17 hear the truth from the church
1 Tim 3:15 the church is the pillar and ground of truth.

Faith ascents & never protests or rebels!
Spiritual Pride protests & is always in rebellion

The nature of spiritual pride is rebellion!
Spiritual pride must protest, and must be right!

Christ and His one true church cannot be right or my self-righteous personal interpretation base on spiritual pride and private judgement must be wrong, and that is unacceptable!

Truth must be revealed by God, and taught by the church, proposed for our belief, we must be instructed!
Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 Acts 8:31 Lk 10:16 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Nature of doctrine:

Truth or doctrine MUST be Revealed by God And Proposed by the church for belief, not spiritual pride and self-righteous private judgement!
Claim: “scripture alone”
It’s really just the ugly repugnant pride!
It’s no faith at all only spiritual pride and self-righteous private judgement!
They Hope in creatures not in God!

It is unlawful to refuse to accept a truth revealed by God!

Matt 28:19 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Truth matters! It is revealed by God and therefore CANNOT be changed!
The church likewise is founded by Christ and therefore CANNOT be reformed!

Faith hope and charity! 1 cor 13:13
Three are eternal, and the greatest is charity!
“Faith alone”? Never faith, hope, & charity are inseparable!
If salvation was by faith alone then the greatest would be faith, but as even “all faith“ without charity avails nothing! 1 cor 13:2

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Relevance?

they have no authority from Christ to do anything much less start new churches with new doctrine

1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apart from this religious gobble-de-goop that for some reason you are driven to push, you seem like a nice guy. You know where I stand on it...knock yourself out! Sigh!

we cannot decide for ourselves

We must be taught by Christ and his holy church Lk 1:4 acts 8:31 matt 28:19

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
we cannot decide for ourselves

We must be taught by Christ and his holy church Lk 1:4 acts 8:31 matt 28:19
There you go again. I'm not going to buy what you're selling. I know better.