Anybody out there worried about the U.S. presidential election?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
I have been receiving e-mails that are very disturbing; particulary in regards to one of the candidates who has a Muslim background. Is anyone else fearful that he may be elected? Snopes has verified that he did not swear in for his senate position using the Bible, but the Koran. He does not honor our flag. He does not honor our national anthem. He seems to be so nice and has a smooth way about him, but that's how we are deceived. I know Oprah has endorsed him, but I have lost a lot of respect for her due to her "new age" move as of late. I don't even watch her program anymore. It has been boycotted from my home.She is kind and funny and that's all well and good, but it's time to take a stand for Christian values. Americans had better be on guard. We are having a Reign Down U.S.A meeting at our church in April in which all local churches will be invited in the greater Baton Rouge area to participate to take back the U.S. for the Lord. Of course, we are acused of being intolerant for this, but if we continue to compromise, we will end up being controlled by the enemy. Their freedom will be our slavery.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(His By Grace;33882)
I have been receiving e-mails that are very disturbing; particulary in regards to one of the candidates who has a Muslim background. Is anyone else fearful that he may be elected? Snopes has verified that he did not swear in for his senate position using the Bible, but the Koran. He does not honor our flag. He does not honor our national anthem. He seems to be so nice and has a smooth way about him, but that's how we are deceived. I know Oprah has endorsed him, but I have lost a lot of respect for her due to her "new age" move as of late. I don't even watch her program anymore. It has been boycotted from my home.She is kind and funny and that's all well and good, but it's time to take a stand for Christian values. Americans had better be on guard. We are having a Reign Down U.S.A meeting at our church in April in which all local churches will be invited in the greater Baton Rouge area to participate to take back the U.S. for the Lord. Of course, we are acused of being intolerant for this, but if we continue to compromise, we will end up being controlled by the enemy. Their freedom will be our slavery.
Since when does the fate of the Gospel rest on who occupies the White House? You shudder at the thought of someone who is accused of being Muslim getting elected but will he be any worse than our current "Evil Emporor" And his gospel of bombs & bullets?

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I'm very worried. Obama cannot be a Christian if he supports abortion and homosexuality.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Do you want our "Christian" nation to be replaced with a muslim leader? I don't agree with everything George W. has done, but yes, the president is powerful and yes how we vote does matter. It amazes me how some don't correlate muslim with 9-11 and how we CAN be destroyed from the inside. Those are just my thoughts, but a lot of people I know think the same thing.I guess I'm thinking some end-time alarm bells are going off and it's getting a little scary!

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(His By Grace;33890)
Do you want our "Christian" nation to be replaced with a muslim leader? I don't agree with everything George W. has done, but yes, the president is powerful and yes how we vote does matter. It amazes me how some don't correlate muslim with 9-11 and how we CAN be destroyed from the inside. Those are just my thoughts, but a lot of people I know think the same thing.I guess I'm thinking some end-time alarm bells are going off and it's getting a little scary!
Any nation that aborts 1.2 million babies a year, has for the first time more Children born out of wedlock than in families, where over half it's mariages end in divorce, and then has the nerve to go to war in order to liberate the world into this depravity is not a Christian nation.The Gospel does not rest in who is in the White House.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
We were founded as a Christian nation. Where people have taken this nation is a result of poor choices, possibly due to people not standing up and voting properly, so that legislation passes when it shouldn't. I know many feel powerless when it comes to government. But, I have seen when there are times that it makes a difference. Waaka, go to snopes.com and check out Obama. He was raised by a step-dad who was radical Muslim. His real father was Muslim. He denounces it, but I have a hard time believing that he rejects its teachings since he took office with his hand on the Koran. Also, they brainwash at a very young age. He was exposed to this all of his life. I just don't trust him. Now I know this nation is in a fix, but if good Christian sit on their hands, what will ever change?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Snopes has verified that he did not swear in for his senate position using the Bible, but the Koran. He does not honor our flag. He does not honor our national anthem. He seems to be so nice and has a smooth way about him
While I share your fears about this nation, I must say that probably these same values fit many people in this nation today. After all, if such a leader gets in, we did it to ourselves. Nobody put a brainwashing chip into peoples' heads that make them pull a certain lever. It must be because of their values and/or being "taken" by eloquent speech instead of thinking for themselves.I am a Ron Paul supporter myself, and if his choice is still here by the Pa primaries, I'll pull it even if he does not have a chance. His thinking is like that of the founding fathers. I cannot for the life of me understand why people would not want to abolish the IRS with the simple pull of a lever. Like I said before, it must be because most people are either government employed, or the rest want free handouts. I cannot otherwise figure the so-called logic of the general populace. Incredible.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Absolutely. The older I get, the more I see how the system has been so sorely abused for too long! I guess when you're young you don't notice a lot of political agendas. I sure notice now how much comes out of my paycheck to go toward state and federal taxes. I am all for helping those who need it. But, I am against helping those who need to work and won't. Paul said, "If a man doesn't work, neither shall he eat." We need to get back to that philosophy and maybe we wouldn't have so much crime. People would be too busy to walk the streets day and night. They would have a purpose. They would feel better about themselves. Oh well, I'm getting on my soapbox. It does feel good to be a little taller than 5'1"! (LOL).

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(His By Grace;33898)
We were founded as a Christian nation. Where people have taken this nation is a result of poor choices, possibly due to people not standing up and voting properly, so that legislation passes when it shouldn't. I know many feel powerless when it comes to government. But, I have seen when there are times that it makes a difference. Waaka, go to snopes.com and check out Obama. He was raised by a step-dad who was radical Muslim. His real father was Muslim. He denounces it, but I have a hard time believing that he rejects its teachings since he took office with his hand on the Koran. Also, they brainwash at a very young age. He was exposed to this all of his life. I just don't trust him. Now I know this nation is in a fix, but if good Christian sit on their hands, what will ever change?
So we claim but from the beginning, The Declaration of Independence is a direct violation of ROmans 13.Poor choices are the result of people being weak in their faith at best, outrightly false at worst.Powerless when it comes to government? Our power is not in this or any other government. 8 years of this current evil emporor has shown that one who claims to be Christian is different from one who actually is. God is not a mascott for any political party. The right went wrong and deserves to lose.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
The Declaration of Independence is a direct violation of ROmans 13.
No it isn't. Romans 13 states that we are to obey the government that God established. In this case, God ordained this nation (the US) to be under Him and the constitution itself. People ought to wake up to what Romans 13 really teaches. A dictatorial government will tell the pastors to preach that chapter so that the people will "obey the government". I see this coming when martial law will one day be established. And most run-of-the-mill Christians will fall for it, too. That, and Antichrist as well. But if I am obedient to the constitution and Romans 13, I would rebel like our founding fathers did.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(His By Grace;33920)
Absolutely. The older I get, the more I see how the system has been so sorely abused for too long! I guess when you're young you don't notice a lot of political agendas. I sure notice now how much comes out of my paycheck to go toward state and federal taxes. I am all for helping those who need it. But, I am against helping those who need to work and won't. Paul said, "If a man doesn't work, neither shall he eat." We need to get back to that philosophy and maybe we wouldn't have so much crime. People would be too busy to walk the streets day and night. They would have a purpose. They would feel better about themselves. Oh well, I'm getting on my soapbox. It does feel good to be a little taller than 5'1"! (LOL).
I agree 110% about how people ought to work. In the case for those who are truly needy, I believe the founding fathers intended that to be carried out individually and in charity. They would be aghast that we use our freedoms and wealth today only on ourselves. Christians ought to give more than they do, too. I won't get onto my tithing rant tonight, but when the average Christian gives 1-2% to their own church, that is pitiful. No wonder we end up having government mandate us to give (by taxes) to take up that slack. But 10% privately will go much further than the 30% or so we give now that goes thru government waste to get to the final target.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Just bacause God allowed it does not mean he called upon those to do it. The Declaration of Independence directly violates Romans 13 by rebelling against the established government.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(BernieEOD;33943)
Just bacause God allowed it does not mean he called upon those to do it. The Declaration of Independence directly violates Romans 13 by rebelling against the established government.
Then what about Daniel? Why did he go to the Lion's den? Did he violate the principal in Romans 13? As for the United States, I believe God did call them to do it since the United States was prophesied in the bible, otherwise, how would that prophecy come to pass if someone did not take the initiative? It can't be both ways.

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
(tim_from_pa;33940)
I agree 110% about how people ought to work. In the case for those who are truly needy, I believe the founding fathers intended that to be carried out individually and in charity. They would be aghast that we use our freedoms and wealth today only on ourselves. Christians ought to give more than they do, too. I won't get onto my tithing rant tonight, but when the average Christian gives 1-2% to their own church, that is pitiful. No wonder we end up having government mandate us to give (by taxes) to take up that slack. But 10% privately will go much further than the 30% or so we give now that goes thru government waste to get to the final target.
who is to be in there will be in there,we are heading down a one way street,god says so jesus said so..the agenda is in play and we can only do what it is ness to be gods elite,or die working on it..there will be christian agianst christian family agianst family,get use to it...jesus told us what to do ,so that is what we should start putting in to our lives..get real get solid..god gave me a answer to that ,,maybe not for you but study proverbs 30;25..for me god put them verses alive for me,not just in my head but in life in away i could never deney it came from god and in a increditable way

t_hearn

Feb 4, 2008
:pray4: I am voting tomorrow with the hopes that I will make a difference in the primary and Obama will not have a chance but watching the news tonight there were some younger folks very excited for him to become elected, I dont get it,I dont think people understand!! nothing like putting the fox in the hen house

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
thats the scary part I dont think alot of people have a clue how on the edge we are to losing the U.S. as we know it

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
:amen: to Denver's post. I will pray all night, because we are told to pray His will. I know God is in control and that is where my worring ends! I have to vote what I believe to be moral. I do not want any man in charge that is not under the ONE in charge.