Anyone else timing out lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Been having serious trouble staying logged on to Christianity Board lately.

I'll write a few posts, and then suddenly I'm timing out without being able to log back on. The computer says the problem is with Christianity Board, but I'm always wondering because my computer is somewhat overloaded most of the time.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'll write a few posts, and then suddenly I'm timing out without being able to log back on. The computer says the problem is with Christianity Board, but I'm always wondering because my computer is somewhat overloaded most of the time.

It's their server. It cut out for a while but now it's back. That is how I could read your post. 8^)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having problems early evening over here in the U.K. ( about an hour ago ) it’s happened for the last four days around about this time. It doesn’t last that long , about 15mins.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's their server. It cut out for a while but now it's back. That is how I could read your post. 8^)

Thanks.

I noticed there was a 28 minute break in posts during the same time period, which would likely never happen unless there was a problem with the site itself.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been having problems early evening over here in the U.K. ( about an hour ago ) it’s happened for the last four days around about this time. It doesn’t last that long , about 15mins.

It's getting irritating, and you're right. It seems to be at around the same time every day. I started timing out at around 1:15 PM US Central Standard time. Lasts almost a half hour.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It's getting irritating, and you're right. It seems to be at around the same time every day. I started timing out at around 1:15 PM US Central Standard time. Lasts almost a half hour.
We have the same issues here but I thought it had more to do with the winter season. It can get like that sometimes in New Zealand. Connectivity, I mean. Nothing worse then to find you have timed out when waiting to connect to the forum

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not something I've experienced at all

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

That corresponds to what I’ve been experiencing over the past weeks. Approximately 2:00-2:30 p.m. EST.

The first time it happened I thought I might have been banned!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That corresponds to what I’ve been experiencing over the past weeks. Approximately 2:00-2:30 p.m. EST.

The first time it happened I thought I might have been banned!

Maybe you were banned for an hour, just to make you think about it a little?

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I'm glad at least one of us isn't being effected. Maybe it's their way of letting those of us who aren't paying for higher internet speed know that it's time to fork over more money "or else." :eek:

Here in Glenn Heights (just South of Dallas) ATT is installing a new Fiber phone/internet system (and we've had ATT fiber for the last 6-7 years).

Subdivision construction has been going ABSOLUTELY bonkers for the last few years, what with hoards of folks flooding into Texas (unfortunately many from California, which appears to be a good place to get OUT OF in 2022). MY property gained $100,000 in evaluation in only a year.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Maybe you were banned for an hour, just to make you think about it a little?

LOL!

It was just 20 minutes. Maybe a moderator thought about it and changed his or her mind… every day at the same time for the past few weeks?

I’ve never been concerned about being banned.

Don’t follow the rules and get banned? Shame on me.

Follow the rules and get banned? Shame on them.

I’ve been banned many times on Internet forums since the late 90’s, but never for breaking the rules.

I think of myself as a guest. Moderators don’t need to ban me. If they don’t want me here all they need to do is ask me to go. If they ask me to go, I will.

With malice toward none.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here in Glenn Heights (just South of Dallas) ATT is installing a new Fiber phone/internet system (and we've had ATT fiber for the last 6-7 years).

Subdivision construction has been going ABSOLUTELY bonkers for the last few years, what with hoards of folks flooding into Texas (unfortunately many from California, which appears to be a good place to get OUT OF in 2022). MY property gained $100,000 in evaluation in only a year.

Time to sell while the selling is good, Lol. This time next year it may be worth considerably less.

I like where I'm at, so I'm not selling no matter what its value becomes.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve never been concerned about being banned.

Don’t follow the rules and get banned? Shame on me.

Not quite so much elsewhere, but it's very hard to get banned here. You either have to be in clear violation of rules they take seriously, or be an absolute intolerable jerk, one of the two.

Someone like you would probably have to work pretty hard to get to either, Lol.

Reactions: Matthias and ScottA