Apocalypse begins !!!, Group announces the Great Tribulation has started

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I speak of the church, I don't mean the building. We are the church, know ye not we are the temple of God.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
Good. Others see it differently. I agree with your definition of 'church', and often say "Ekklesia" instead of using the word church, as there is such a big difference not often recognized.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
whoops! Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
As I very clearly said, there is not one mention of some kind of event called "The Great Tribulation." Not one. That verse simply says things will be tough during a certain period of time. And history shows that they were.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I very clearly said, there is not one mention of some kind of event called "The Great Tribulation." Not one. That verse simply says things will be tough during a certain period of time. And history shows that they were.
... and are..... this morning before checking messages, I searched >chinese persecuted underground meetings<

and the results 'astonished' me (on ggl and on duckduckgo both - very similar) -

there was /is/ a great increase in tribulation/persecution in 2019, not that it was absent in previous years, no....

Reactions: Helen

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's cool. But why not simply, and only, say what the Bible says, instead of trying to make some sort of cataclysmic event out of it?
I think Jesus did that in Matthew 24. Some of the OT prophets did as well—like Daniel and Ezekiel. Not to mention the book of Revelation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph77

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got me to investigating some. I always thought it was French..... but we might both be wrong. The consensus seems to be that it might be Italian.
One of the men who originally wrote the English song got the idea from a movie he saw, in which that phrase was the family's moto. But, I cannot find out what movie it was that he watched.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it's a fad now days to believe every statement from Christ is directed only to the person reading it, in my opinion its very selfish and narrow minded.... I refer to it as the it's all about me gospel.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We do know, do we not, that there is no mention, WHATSOEVER, of any event in the Bible known as "The Great Tribulation?" Seriously, NONE!

You must found some sort of incomplete bargain basement Bible, or maybe some pages are missing!

“My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation." Rev 7:9-14

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's also really a shame, it undermine s the ability of Christ to allow us too see as a historical event that what He said would happen did according too as he said, because most wish not to see.

In Matthew Jesus is speaking to His disciples, things that are about to take place that they themselves will eyewitness.

Reactions: Willie T

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got me to investigating some. I always thought it was French..... but we might both be wrong. The consensus seems to be that it might be Italian.
One of the men who originally wrote the English song got the idea from a movie he saw, in which that phrase was the family's moto. But, I cannot find out what movie it was that he watched.
Maybe it's some sort of neurosis?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like a neurological loop. As a result of a seed that was planted?

Reactions: Willie T

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd still like to know what movie he saw that phrased used in.
To whom is Jesus clearly speaking to in this scripture?

Matthew 24:8-9 KJV
All these are the beginning of sorrows. [9] Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All these are the beginning of sorrows. [9] Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Who is He speaking to here? Mark 10:26-30 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? [27] And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. [28] Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee. [29] And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, [30] But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is He speaking to here? Mark 10:26-30 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? [27] And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. [28] Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee. [29] And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, [30] But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
They took joyfully the spoiling of their goods.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course it is popular to want to say that He was speaking to those of us living today, in 2020.... but there is not much of a way we can get around the fact that Jesus was speaking to the people standing there in the hot sun, listening to His speeches at the very moment He spoke them.

Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Persecution’s prepared not for the sake of destruction and wrath, but for the sake of Mercy: John 3:3-7 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. [4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? [5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry to have upset you. This is what some Christians call the tribulation period.

There has always been tribulation.
I agree there is no special "The Great Tribulation"...there is just tribulation all the time , be it behind the iron curtain when they were persecuted, killed, tortured, imprisoned ...also the bamboo curtain ...they had it probably worse.
The only difference in the last tribulation in Revelation, is it's world wide effect.

Reactions: amadeus