Apprehending 3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Apprehending and Forgetting:

This is the strongest verse we have in this passage concerning the mind. We know it is mind Paul is dealing with because he uses the word "forgetting." The most powerful verse of written scripture for humanity to grasp on to is in this 13th verse. All of the mind trouble and neurosis that plagues individuals can be summed up here. If they ever could have heard the gospel in the fullness of Paul's dilivery as he does, the ills of mankind would be healed. Mental issues healed by the gospel. When man is left to interpret the written scriptures a void is created for every man to fall prey to there own understanding.

What is the problem with that? The mind will create it's own path and a very possible neurosis can develope from a lack of the mind being used as intended before creation, before the foundation of the world. We have an overflow in the medical world today of people with some kind of serious mind issue. We are witnessing what happens when men are left to themselves, human beings. Once the mind is convinced of a problem you will have to live with it or get the mind renewed, dilivered from it self. I use the word "old man syndrome," that is exactly what it is. The old unrenewed mind of a believer, the world can not renew their mind, there are other methods they have to use until they become believers. There is so much to salvation we will spend a lifetime getting it fixed in us, but the point is believers have an opportunity no one else has. We should use our time wisely, apprehend what we were apprehended for. Forgetting the past and reaching ahead to the deep things our father has prepared for them that love him. I don't quite understand what believers think mind renewal is, but the HolySpirit will show you what it is, or we should say who it is, Christ in you the hope of glory. Amen! and Amen!

Reactions: Truth