April's Virtual Valentine's Day Dance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm listening to an audiobook, "The Giver". My boss handed me the book a few weeks ago, but after reading a bit, I opted for the audiobook since I'm always on my laptop.

It's been hard to get into...only been paying attention to some of it here and there.

I just thought I'd finally get it out of the way tonight. I know, not the best attitude about it, but it is what it is...yo...

Well if you have to leave the party's almost over now anyways. Here's some good tunes as well though. :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I work at a preschool and am a kid at heart.I spend a lot of time on my phone though, which Im going to start working on. Keep it off thursdays. Im just bored, because the kids are still real young. There is only so much playtime I can do. And Bobby's night is day, so he is up for a couple hours before work again! But he gets like three nights off at a time though to be home. He loves it though.
It is good that you like your work and are able to get into it. Working with kids was always fun for me when I had the chance.

I remember when I was living and working in Merced, CA several decades ago. The Sunday school teacher for the 3-4 year olds didn't show up. The pastor tapped me to cover the class as a substitute teacher for 15-20 little ones. The regular teacher never came back and I became the full-time teacher. I loved it and from what I remember they loved me because I would play with them at their level. It was a great time which only came to an end when I was transferred on my job back to the S.F. Bay Area. I was sorry to see it come to an end.

Reactions: Mayflower

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well here's some other good ones. :D (The second one is talking about a forbidden love btw)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm listening to an audiobook, "The Giver". My boss handed me the book a few weeks ago, but after reading a bit, I opted for the audiobook since I'm always on my laptop.
That is SUCH a powerful book! One of my favorites for the strong messages it conveys.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is SUCH a powerful book! One of my favorites for the strong messages it conveys.

Hmmmm, I just finished listening to it and I must admit, I don't really get it. Is it an anti-abortion thing?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay guys goodnight everybody love you all and this all dedicated to you plus a bonus song just because I am a BSB fan forever. :D (Btw with the songs that I didn't get to tonight,.. they will be a part of nineties night during my summer concert series!!! :D)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to put my kids to bed, but the mention of BSB here reminded me.

I thought this song was about me for the longest time after an experience on AIM when I was 13. Took me until I was past 30 to realize I was more than likely catfished.:D:D You don't have to play it. It's really bad.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose. Sorry I missed the "pawty," but I'm sure it won't be your last.

Oh no it definitely won't, in fact I have a special announcement thread coming up tomorrow. :D If I had played all of the songs I liked we would be here all night though lol and I apologize for my Titanic music video as I realized last minute that it wasn't the official one and contained a spoiler about one of the main characters so sorry about that everybody. :oops:

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no it definitely won't, in fact I have a special announcement thread coming up tomorrow. :D If I had played all of the songs I liked we would be here all night though lol and I apologize for my Titanic music video as I realized last minute that it wasn't the official one and contained a spoiler about one of the main characters so sorry about that everybody. :oops:
No Thumbtanic?

OIP.z4vI4sa0aVmfBbk9XwFcUQAAAA

hqdefault.jpg

...Would have posted the videos here but can't...
There's suggestive PG-13 thumbs in it

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well now. Looks like the chaperone needed to stay around? :p not my cup of tea. Music is very powerful and can effect the spirit in the room. . But glad that yall had fun. I was thinking of the novel "The Giver" with the one where they lived in a perfect society and one person shouldered all the memories of mankind. Now that was good!

Reactions: Tone

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to put my kids to bed, but the mention of BSB here reminded me.

I thought this song was about me for the longest time after an experience on AIM when I was 13. Took me until I was past 30 to realize I was more than likely catfished.:D:D You don't have to play it. It's really bad.

It's not all that bad,.. but when I was a teenager I sort of was a catfish myself because I took the game of pretend a bit too far and I'm ashamed of it too. :oops:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not all that bad,.. but when I was a teenager I sort of was a catfish myself because I took the game of pretend a bit too far and I'm ashamed of it too. :oops:
Hehe, forgive yourself.

I catfished people when I was a teenager, unintentionally, because my dad said "Don't share your pictures on the internet." I said "OK" so I shared other people's pictures on the internet. (I am my picture on the internet this time.)

If you didn't do silly things as a teenager, your name is Benjamin Button and you're still aging backwards.:D

Reactions: Tone and April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, but I did it intentionally,.. anyways,.. this party might be over but checkout this thread where it's all music all the time. :D My latest post is some of the songs that I forgot to post in here tonight. :)

The Music Thread

Reactions: Tone and DuckieLady