Are all sins forgiven, adultery or witchcraft or alcoholism or homosexuality?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was in regards to his flesh. Not spirit.

No one escapes spiritual consequences for sin without Christ’s blood atonement. NO ONE.
I agree; but God allowed for the blood of animals to take sin away in OT days, and David's sin was taken away as it is written.

2 Samuel 12
[13] And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the Lord. And Nathan said unto David, The Lord also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die
That repentance will no longer be available to the backslider:

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)
James 5
[19] Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
[20] Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
You most certainly can CHOOSE to return to the flesh’s will after getting born again.
I agree. We have free will.
Hence all the warnings against doing so!
and yes the consquences are severe because satan will wreck havoc on your life -- and then you may not make it back to God ==> Hell.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

King James Version

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God allowed for the blood of animals to take sin away in OT days

Not so brother.

Those sacrifices could never take away sins. They were only temporary atonement.

“For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.” (Hebrews 10:4)

This is why ALL of mankind needed the blood of Christ to take their sins away:

“…John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” (John 1:29)

“…this man [Christ], after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God…” (Hebrews 10:12)

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so brother.

Those sacrifices could never take away sins. They were only temporary atonement.
Yes, the blood of bulls and goats was temporary, a token of the real thing to come in the blood of Jesus. However, God accepted those sacrifices at the time for the remission of sin. Once Jesus was revealed, and shed His blood on the Cross, then the blood of animals was no longer accepted.
“For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.” (Hebrews 10:4)

This is why ALL of mankind needed the blood of Christ to take their sins away:

“…John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” (John 1:29)

“…this man [Christ], after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God…” (Hebrews 10:12)
This is my point. Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. However, in OT days, when King David lived, the blood of animals was accepted by God. David's sin was put away by the Lord.

2 Samuel 12
[13] And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the Lord. And Nathan said unto David, The Lord also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, in OT days, when King David lived, the blood of animals was accepted by God. David's sin was put away by the Lord.

Fair enough.

But what do suppose would have happened if David committed adultery and murder again after such a free gift was given?

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair enough.

But what do suppose would have happened if David committed adultery and murder again after such a free gift was given?
The principle would be the same. David would have fallen from grace, and would need to repent with godly sorrow before Jesus. Remember, Jesus forgave Peter for cursing and denying Him; that's mercy and grace, my friend.
“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:7-8)
David did indeed reap what he sowed, but his soul was spared.

2 Samuel 12
[7] ... Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee [David] king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;
[8] And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.
[9] Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.
[10] Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
[11] Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
[12] For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The principle would be the same. David would have fallen from grace, and would need to repent with godly sorrow before Jesus

You’re very wrong.

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,” (Hebrews 10:26)

Remember, Jesus forgave Peter for cursing and denying Him; that's mercy and grace, my friend.

Yes, but Peter never committed that sin again.

It’s is impossible to renew to repentance at some point:

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)

Otherwise you seem to be promoting a stealthy and crafty version of ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED…

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s is impossible to renew to repentance at some point:

How was Peter forgiven then if it was impossible to renew him since he had indeed tasted of Heavenly gifts? After all, Peter experienced way more that anybody, as he walked and talked with Jesus one-on-one. Peter was even given power to cast out devils. He was enlightened and tasted of Heaven gifts.

I agree, however, that at some point the Holy Ghost is no longer drawing on a person for repentance.

Otherwise you seem to be promoting a stealthy and crafty version of ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED…
Not at all. When someone dies, that person must be in a born again spiritual state.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter wasn’t saved yet.

Like David wasn’t saved yet.

Christ had not yet died and resurrected when they sinned.
Peter was saved. Salvation comes when one accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior. Whether or not one holds on to this Salvation is another matter.

Luke 19
[1] And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.
[2] And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.
[3] And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.
[4] And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.
[5] And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.
[6] And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.
[7] And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.
[8] And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.
[9] And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
[10] For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Zacchaeus received Salvation that day. Did he hold on to it until death? The Bible doesn't say.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation comes when one accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Are you going to ignore these scriptures to support your “repent, sin, repent, sin” never ending cycle?

No one is saved until they believe that Jesus died and rose again:

“And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.” (1 Corinthians 15:14)

“And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.” (1 Corinthians 15:17)

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you going to ignore these scriptures to support your “repent, sin, repent, sin” never ending cycle?
No one is saved until they believe that Jesus died and rose again:

“And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.” (1 Corinthians 15:14)

“And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.” (1 Corinthians 15:17)
I've stated my position, and provided Scripture, so I'll let the readers delve into this subject further with their own research.

To those who have fallen away from the Lord, i.e., backsliders, don't give up hope. The Lord wants you back! He will graciously forgive if you are serious about following Him. God bless you!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To those who have fallen away from the Lord, i.e., backsliders, don't give up hope.

To those who have not fallen away:​

“…continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:23)

Because:​

“…it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)

BEWARE!​

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.” (1 Peter 5:8-9)

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we indeed should NOT fall away. Stay with the Lord at all cost, as you may never find your way back; satan will deceive you and make you think it will be easy to come back. Don't fall for his deceit! Many have fallen away and never made it back. They are in hell right now. Tragic!

But, if you have fallen away, don't give up! Come to Jesus is the cry! He loves you and wants you back in to the fold. The prodigal son is proof of it.

Luke 15
11 And he [Jesus] said, A certain man had two sons:
12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did Jesus go to the cross. Is someone doomed to hell, if they sin. If someone did drugs or abused alcohol, and convert to christianity and repentance of sins to God, will they find forgiveness. Romans 6:20. For when ye were the servant of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 6:21. What fruit had ye then in those things where of ye are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 6:22. But now being made free from sin, and become servants of God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end of everlasting life. I'm not judging anyone. This forum is new converts. Faith is essential. Followed by obedience and repentance of sins to God. Some churches put people on guilt trip. Saying they committed the unpardonable sin. That's a disgrace. They even make second class citizens out of divorce people. Can a homosexuals find eternal life. I hope so. Did Jesus waste his life dying on cross??. If their willing to repent and convert to christianity. Someone who shop lifted, and stole much from stores. Did prison time. Is this person excluded from kingdom of God? What's the difference between habitual sinners and just sinners. Will the habitual sinners repent and conform to God's standard? If they refuse to repent, won't obey God, will the reprobates be in paradise?.
God is calling to all people.
God is good.
God is love.
God is just and fair.
God is spirit.

And God can be sought after by anyone who humbly submits thrmselves to him in faith; be it by nature ( seeing the creation and dalling out to Him); or if they have access to information about Jesus they can also seek put to know him also.

God is calling to all; sin for all people have been taken care of. The only decision now is to believe and have God in ones life, or not at all.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is calling to all people.
God is good.
God is love.
God is just and fair.
God is spirit.

And God can be sought after by anyone who humbly submits thrmselves to him in faith; be it by nature ( seeing the creation and dalling out to Him); or if they have access to information about Jesus they can also seek put to know him also.

God is calling to all; sin for all people have been taken care of. The only decision now is to believe and have God in ones life, or not at all.

I love your post but I also know that, for reasons not explained, God does NOT permit all to believe in Jesus. Most go to their grave having never been permitted to believe.

Perhaps "many are called but few are chosen" applies here. What do you think?

Tomorrow

Aug 14, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 12: 31-32 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.