Are Christians Saved from Sinning Before or After the Body's Death?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

I suppose it depends on the person, whether they want to be delivered from sinning, or just the judgment of death for sinning.

Jesus Christ gives power to be delivered from sinning today, but if a believer opts out, then He won't do so against their will, and so He'll wait until their body dies, and then insist?

Is that what purgatory is? The space of time between the death of the mortal body and being given a new immortal body, where Jesus finally convinces the carnal minded sinner to be willing to be pure in heart, and so receive a brand-spanking new immortal body with power?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the common conception is that those who think they no longer commit sins are mistaken, or at the very least, cannot really be sure.

1 Corinthians 4:1-5 YLT
1) Let a man so reckon us as officers of Christ, and stewards of the secrets of God,
2) and as to the rest, it is required in the stewards that one may be found faithful,
3) and to me it is for a very little thing that by you I may be judged, or by man's day, but not even myself do I judge,
4) for of nothing to myself have I been conscious, but not in this have I been declared right—and he who is discerning me is the Lord:
5) so, then, nothing before the time judge ye, till the Lord may come, who will both bring to light the hidden things of the darkness, and will manifest the counsels of the hearts, and then the praise shall come to each from God.

Much love!