Are Mormons Christians? (Latter Day Saints)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jessicaleks93

Jan 1, 2024
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Drop your opinions on whether you think Mormons (Latter Day Saints) are Christian or not and why, please keep all debating friendly, thought it would be a fun topic to start and I'm a little in between on the topic and I'd like to hear Christian viewpoints on the matter as Mormons do believe they are Christians.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Although Mormons profess to be Christians and say they believe the Word of God, there are many of their beliefs that contradict Christianity. In fact, Mormonism can be referred to as a cult, which can be defined as “a religious group that denies one or more of the fundamentals of biblical truth.” Mormons say they are Christians, but because they reject foundational truths from God’s Word, they are not.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
most mormons , most jehovah witnesses , most catholics even
are not being taught what they once believed . though that do sound good
ITS NOT . what they are being taught more and more is to try and find common ground
just as is every denomination , just as is every false religion too .
IT is as though , now in the end , a strong delusion has come forth .
and this delusion comes not to divide the false but TO UNIFY THEM TO BE AS ONE under the GRAND LIE OF ALL .
I never seen anything move like this delusion has moved in my entier life my friend .
and though it often hollers GOD is love , the love it brings DENIES PURE DOCTRINE , IT DO DENY THE JESUS THE CHRIST .
it starts small , with less lies and more truth splashed into it , BUT IT DO GET WORSE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Google it.
i actually read some of their books . Bad news .
though joseph smith could say some truths , he led them into even greater darkness . that is a fact .
He could expose some of the lies in christendom at his time , and yet he led them even into greater lies .
I read some of their stuff in the library and sister i gasped in total terror of some of what i was reading .
IT was not just little error it was total blasphemy .
This is the problem in some places . they can preach certain truths and expose some lies
and yet THEY lead into greater lies and darkness . We must get back into our bible . learn for ourselves .
Cause this strong delusion itself cometh in under a guise and says certain truths
but my goodness it leadeth to the lie of all lies and it will DENY JESUS AS THE CHRIST . This is
a UNIFYER of the false . not of the true but of the false . i never seen anything like it in all my days .
OUR HOPE IS IN THE LORD my dear sister , just stay refreshed in the bible and in prayer .

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph Smith said he was visited by the angel Moroni and received another gospel. That's what started Mormonism. Hince, Joseph Smith became a latter-day saint. But the Word of the Apostle Paul disagrees.

Galatians 1:8-9 - But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ITS NOT . what they are being taught more and more is to try and find common ground
and this delusion comes not to divide the false but TO UNIFY THEM TO BE AS ONE under the GRAND LIE OF ALL .
I never seen anything move like this delusion has moved in my entier life my friend .
and though it often hollers GOD is love , the love it brings DENIES PURE DOCTRINE , IT DO DENY THE JESUS THE CHRIST .
it starts small , with less lies and more truth splashed into it , BUT IT DO GET WORSE .
save-image.png

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While what you say may be so, let us not stand in God's place.

Lu 12:14And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?
Joh 3:18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While what you say may be so, let us not stand in God's place.
Amen. We all need to humble ourselves before Him, even to the point of judging
and "making sure of this," eh?:

"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye​
not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?"​
(2 Corinthians 13:5 AV)​
Simply "get them The Gospel Of Grace," [ "The Power Of God Unto Salvation" Romans 1:16 AV],
and "the rest is up to The Power Of God," [ Aside from our "fallible judgments" ], eh?

Amen.

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning who is God, and Jesus, and Satan, this is something I wrote to a LDS member who told me this was correct:

All spirits are from the Father, all the same, all eternal. Some follow God, and some do not. The pinnacle of those following God is Jesus Christ, who follows God fully. The worst case is Satan, who follows God nothing at all. And the rest of us fall somewhere in between.

Following God fully means Jesus is as God is, because His heart and mind is completely towards the Father, so He shares in the Godhead.

As we follow God, we will also share in unity with Him, though not in the same fullness as Jesus, as we do not follow as fully.

This part is more a summary of what I was told:

All spirit are eternal, all the same. The spirit that is the most "Godlike" is whom we call "God", and the second most godlike we call Jesus. The very least godlike we call Satan.

God is not God because He's of "different stuff" than us, or a different kind of being, rather, because He is the very most loving, faithful, etc., of all of us, as we are all the same kind of being. This includes the Holy Spirit also, a spirit just like us, only, more like God, or rather, more like the spirit in the ideal state we understand as God.

To any LDS member, I'm absolutely open to correction if I'm misrepresenting anything.

Much love!

Last edited:

jessicaleks93

Jan 1, 2024
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Although Mormons profess to be Christians and say they believe the Word of God, there are many of their beliefs that contradict Christianity. In fact, Mormonism can be referred to as a cult, which can be defined as “a religious group that denies one or more of the fundamentals of biblical truth.” Mormons say they are Christians, but because they reject foundational truths from God’s Word, they are not.
Do you have any examples? I would like to know of differences but I'm not 100% sure on what Christians believe vs mormons and where those differences come in to a point enough to say Mormons are not Christians

jessicaleks93

Jan 1, 2024
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i actually read some of their books . Bad news .
though joseph smith could say some truths , he led them into even greater darkness . that is a fact .
He could expose some of the lies in christendom at his time , and yet he led them even into greater lies .
I read some of their stuff in the library and sister i gasped in total terror of some of what i was reading .
IT was not just little error it was total blasphemy .
This is the problem in some places . they can preach certain truths and expose some lies
and yet THEY lead into greater lies and darkness . We must get back into our bible . learn for ourselves .
Cause this strong delusion itself cometh in under a guise and says certain truths
but my goodness it leadeth to the lie of all lies and it will DENY JESUS AS THE CHRIST . This is
a UNIFYER of the false . not of the true but of the false . i never seen anything like it in all my days .
OUR HOPE IS IN THE LORD my dear sister , just stay refreshed in the bible and in prayer .
Do you have any examples so we can compare the two, so we can confidently say mormons aren't Christians?

jessicaleks93

Jan 1, 2024
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Joseph Smith said he was visited by the angel Moroni and received another gospel. That's what started Mormonism. Hince, Joseph Smith became a latter-day saint. But the Word of the Apostle Paul disagrees.

Galatians 1:8-9 - But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
Brilliant, ill save that verse for the missionaries to answer when they come knocking hahaha