Are the Ecumenical Councils valid?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's funny that Constantine leaned to the Arian view, but allegedly "presided" over the council that condemned it.
I think he was a pragmatist who was politically motivated. He wanted to use the Church for his own ends.

It was strange too that he put off baptism until his deathbed. Maybe he thought that was the only way he could have a pure soul when he died. And Arius baptized him! I still wonder if Arius used the Trinitarian form of baptism or his own.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps, perhaps also, some here do not know or have not heard that when we celebrate Eucharist, we participate in that eternal feast.

But thank you brother, for reminding me that we must always be open to the prompting of the Holy Spirit, ready to go where and when HE wills..
Something for me to reflect on today..

Serviam!
Who is the Bride, and who are the guests -- and why are some of the guests bad?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At first, it seems like a good thing to have children praying in public schools -- but why would that be needed if our churches were doing their job? It is an indictment of our churches that they are not doing their job if public schools need to do it.

Should Catholic children be taught the Protestant version of the Lord's Prayer, or should Protestant children be taught the Catholic version?

What version of the Bible should be used? Catholics and Jews often opened their own schools so they wouldn't have to send their children to schools where a Protestant version was being read.

Who would you want to teach your children (if you have any) to pray? You, clergy from your church, or a school teacher who might not even be a Christian just doing what the school says is part of the job?

I remember praying in school and how I did it. Vain repetition. I didn't mean it, I had it memorized and just recited it. I don't think it did me a bit of good.
One thing I do know...and that is that the devil is afraid of children praying genuine prayers for our nation in the classroom.

Because I don't think that it was God who went through all the trouble of having it removed.

Some may indeed pray out of rote/repetition with no "oomph" behind it...but I am certain that there are also children who have accepted Christ at an early age who will be able to shake the devil's footsteps if the practice of prayer were to be reinstated.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
almost as bad as the papism, imo, this Corporate Prayer for Country thing?why not just go be a Catholic then? I direct many seekers to the RCC, ok, ppl committed to the world, i dont judge them, at all, honest, i just point to the boundary stone and give some encouraging word?
But, i believe this applies to everyone who follows a validly ordainded bishop
iow you drip blasphemy and the religion of men, and choose to call it Christian, pj?
"Validly ordained?" i mean jesus already?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think he was a pragmatist who was politically motivated. He wanted to use the Church for his own ends.

It was strange too that he put off baptism until his deathbed. Maybe he thought that was the only way he could have a pure soul when he died. And Arius baptized him! I still wonder if Arius used the Trinitarian form of baptism or his own.
and so you contemplate Constantine's supposed "salvation," in complete ignorance of what Scripture has to say on the matter?

Your forums are as dead as your religion, and you seek to spread the cancer?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and so you contemplate Constantine's supposed "salvation," in complete ignorance of what Scripture has to say on the matter?

Your forums are as dead as your religion, and you seek to spread the cancer?
Do tell what the Bible says about Constantine.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do tell what the Bible says about Constantine.
no problem, invite me to a Catholic forum and i will. And i hope you understand i mean no offense by that, ok, but Constantine is a usurper who is not recognized in Christianity, see, so the subject is not appropriate for a Christian forum? God allows you to have a king so that you will learn the cost of having your battles fought for you, i guess, listen to them and give them a king, and i sure dont mean to say that most (mithraist) Christian Protestants are like any better off than you are, either, ok?

But wadr you have assumed the place of the Lying Prophet here, see, and you are inviting us to eat with you?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
all authority has been given to the Son bro, Who will hand the kingdom back to the Father after your king that you love and desire to fight your battles for you has been destroyed. Doesnt mean i dont do what they say, but i do not give my authority to any man, and you may bam do what you like ok
^
now obv the pope is not going anywhere, as long as men desire kings to fight their battles for them we will have to suffer popes too i guess, so it becomes incumbent upon the individual to overthrow the king in their minds, imo.

The (tendency to choose) RCC must be "overcome," imo, and while i sure feel for ppl who were raised RCC, it shouldnt be much harder than what any raging patriot has to do i guess

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who is the Bride, and who are the guests -- and why are some of the guests bad?

The guests are the Bride.
Those without a wedding garment (the bad) are they who participate unworthily, not recognizing the Body and Blood of Christ, and so not properly being prepared to receive HIM.

Peace be with you!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing I do know...and that is that the devil is afraid of children praying genuine prayers for our nation in the classroom.

Because I don't think that it was God who went through all the trouble of having it removed.
When that case went to the Supreme Court, not one Christian church filed an amicus brief to argue in favor of keeping prayers in school. Churches were better then and didn't feel they needed schools to do their job for them. As churches got cold, people started thinking maybe things were worse because children weren't being taught to pray in school. Not so. Our churches starting chasing things of the world. One church in my town built a skate park to attract youths. I know some churches have tennis courts and swimming pools. People go to them too. The idea is to lure people in by offering worldly entertainment.

I don't think that God put it in or took it out. I think God gives us the freedom to choose our beliefs.

Some may indeed pray out of rote/repetition with no "oomph" behind it...but I am certain that there are also children who have accepted Christ at an early age who will be able to shake the devil's footsteps if the practice of prayer were to be reinstated.
What church's prayers would you want? What if Muslims outnumbered Christians -- would you want them to force Christians to pray as the Muslims do? If we wouldn't like that, then maybe we shouldn't want to force them to pray as we do.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
iow you drip blasphemy and the religion of men, and choose to call it Christian, pj?

Beloved,

There is no injury that you can do me, for which I will not forgive you.
My love for you grows each day.
I think, in your heart, you know this which is why you can't help but engage me.
Like a moth to a flame, you are being irresistibly drawn to the love of God.
Why do you kick against the goad?

Peace be with you!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Beloved,

There is no injury that you can do me, for which I will not forgive you.
My love for you grows each day.
I think, in your heart, you know this which is why you can't help but engage me.
Like a moth to a flame, you are being irresistibly drawn to the love of God.
Why do you kick against the goad?
Why do you refuse to engage on the points, and instead put yourself over me and preach to me? Bc that is why, ok? I engage you verbally bc i cannot whip your lying prophet behind like you need so badly, as long as you insist on ignoring the truth that you are here to mix cultures.

I am deemed a "Muslim" by some here, and i would say the same about them, ok. I have many Muslim acquaintances, and we both understand that it is better if we are not close friends; we meet at the boundary stone occasionally and shake hands, maybe trade some stuff, but we do not talk dogma, for the same reason ppl, other ppl in the world do not talk politics or religion (same exact thing) in polite company?

I'd ask you if youre getting it yet but i already know you cannot even hear me, based upon your replies, and all the stuff you are ignoring, see?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
as long as you insist on ignoring the truth that you are here to mix cultures.

To the weak I became weak, to win over the weak. I have become all things to all, to save at least some.

All this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I too may have a share in it.

'Capture every thought for Christ'

So much for your 'boundry stones'

Peace!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
To the weak I became weak, to win over the weak. I have become all things to all, to save at least some.

All this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I too may have a share in it.

'Capture every thought for Christ'

So much for your 'boundry stones'

Peace!
they are not mine, you idiot, and your irrelevant Quoting of Scripture you are not even adhering to just kind of makes my point? So Protestants are "the weak" now, see, only it is your forums that are dead? Your leaders who are hiding, and keeping secrets, and being prosecuted?

Your daughter could not marry my son and convert, but the boundary stone is mine?

See if you were here asking student questions, here to learn the error of your ways, that would be different, ok, but you once again demonstrate with this retarded tripe that that is the last thing on your mind, yes? So you need to get up out of that favored seat you have sat yourself in, and leave?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The guests are the Bride.
Those without a wedding garment (the bad) are they who participate unworthily, not recognizing the Body and Blood of Christ, and so not properly being prepared to receive HIM.

Peace be with you!
You confound me, believing the bride and the guests are the same. How can it be?

I thought the Bride was the 144,000 (all of Israel) and the great multitude (of every nation, people, kindred and tongue) before the Throne were the invited guess.

Compare to this when Jesus was talking to his "Jewish" disciples on the mountain:

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The same day, after coming down from the mountain, met a Gentile who had great faith; and Jesus said:

Matthew 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

If the meaning of the white garment is what you say, what does these passages from the Old Testament mean?

Ecclesiastes 9:8 8 Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.

Zechariah 3:
3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.

4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

I think something can be learned by studying the lily -- and especially what is called the Easter lily.

Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

What do Easter lilies look like? Secondly, how do they grow? Do they have to know how they grow? Or do they obey the nature given to them and let the God do the rest with his laws governing nature? Men do not obey the nature to them. Do lilies fret over whether there will be enough water, air and light -- or do they take advantage of what God provides, content (so to speak) to have their roots in the soil while God provides the water, air and light they need? I am confident of my view since Jesus continued:

29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

I won't deny the efficacy of the Eucharist, but it is also possible to receive the Body and Blood of Christ without the visible bread and wine. Let us not limit the Power of Christ to act on behalf of his followers.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

i still wonder if all Catholics are as dense and blind as Arius, even as i know that not all Catholics are as rude and clueless as you guys are, coming here.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You confound me, believing the bride and the guests are the same. How can it be?

I thought the Bride was the 144,000 (all of Israel) and the great multitude (of every nation, people, kindred and tongue) before the Throne were the invited guess.

Compare to this when Jesus was talking to his "Jewish" disciples on the mountain:

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The same day, after coming down from the mountain, met a Gentile who had great faith; and Jesus said:

Matthew 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

If the meaning of the white garment is what you say, what does these passages from the Old Testament mean?

Ecclesiastes 9:8 8 Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.

Zechariah 3:
3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.

4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

I think something can be learned by studying the lily -- and especially what is called the Easter lily.

Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

What do Easter lilies look like? Secondly, how do they grow? Do they have to know how they grow? Or do they obey the nature given to them and let the God do the rest with his laws governing nature? Men do not obey the nature to them. Do lilies fret over whether there will be enough water, air and light -- or do they take advantage of what God provides, content (so to speak) to have their roots in the soil while God provides the water, air and light they need? I am confident of my view since Jesus continued:

29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

I won't deny the efficacy of the Eucharist, but it is also possible to receive the Body and Blood of Christ without the visible bread and wine. Let us not limit the Power of Christ to act on behalf of his followers.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
invoking the goddess Easter now, neat. Who needs Passover anyway right.

You other members here suffer these usurpers at your peril, ok, God has plainly told you that He will not hear your prayers in that day, ok, and you can sure do what you like but i would be reviewing that passage if i was you. Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas, ok, not that most of yall arent kissing the ring already anyway, dont even realize it i guess.

Ok, do what you like though, i'm off to my real forum now, have a nice day

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So Protestants are "the weak" now, see,

Lost sheep were my people, their shepherds misled them, straggling on the mountains; From mountain to hill they wandered, losing the way to their fold.

Will you continue to wander? Return to HIM and HE will return to you!

Peace and Love!