Are we divine ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't know any more about heaven than what's written in the Bible. This is a far cry from others claiming to have special Revelation. God demystifies the supernatural, while the classic signature of the "I know God" crew is to do the exact opposite. I'm not naming names, they know who they are.
Wow, to get something this back to front is a marvel...Jesus went on to build His Church, on the revelations believing believers got through the Holy Spirit as indeed He does now, to whomsoever is willing.....When one or more have gotten the exact same revelation and it brings about unity, that is when it is built on...Truth upon Truth..

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes:...........I said Jesus Christ is the life giving source within the tree as he is "the life", which is why the tree is called the tree of life. Jesus Christ is not the tree itself, the tree is a creation, and Jesus Christ is not a created being. If you have a problem with what is spelled out for you.........well so be it, I don't care. Go beat around the bush with someone else, I don't have time for foolishness.

A foreshadow of Christ:
Deuteronomy 20:19
[19] When thou shalt besiege a city a long time, in making war against it to take it, thou shalt not destroy the trees thereof by forcing an axe against them: for thou mayest eat of them, and thou shalt not cut them down (for the tree of the field is man's life ) to employ them in the siege:

Proverbs 11:30
[30] The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Or could be said: The fruit of the righteous is Christ.

Proverbs 15:4
[4] A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.

Or could be said: A wholesome tongue is Christ: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.

Isaiah 58:12
[12] And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Does it take Jesus twice to heal a man?
Mark 8:22-25
[22] And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. [23] And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. [24] And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. [25] After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

Consider Revelation 22:14 now..eat of the tree of life first, THEN enter the city.

Revelation 22:14
[14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't know any more about heaven than what's written in the Bible. This is a far cry from others claiming to have special Revelation. God demystifies the supernatural, while the classic signature of the "I know God" crew is to do the exact opposite. I'm not naming names, they know who they are.
not sure what Pia dislikes about this post, maybe the denial of special rev? I'd say that it is possible to get to a place where you are not being judgemental about these types, after all they have been deceived too, likely in a worse way than most people? Speaking generally, you gotta know that is like a defense mechanism run amok or something right

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@OzSpen That is only because we lack understanding of His kind of love, and put our human response love in it's place....He is always 100% Love, 100% of the time..He cannot be anything else, as that IS what He is

pia,

You didn't respond to what I wrote at #182.

I suggest a study of the attributes of God and they do not demonstrate that God "is always 100% love".

See: 'The Attributes of God: What Are the Attributes of God?' (CRI 2009)

Oz

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Wow, to get something this back to front is a marvel...Jesus went on to build His Church, on the revelations believing believers got through the Holy Spirit as indeed He does now, to whomsoever is willing.....When one or more have gotten the exact same revelation and it brings about unity, that is when it is built on...Truth upon Truth..
been asking for witnesses for like a year, pia

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Because your emphasis is on the world, not seeking first the kingdom, but the other way around
ya, surely that is what i mean by
wadr i also don't see how "on earth as it is in heaven" = "want heaven to be like the earth"
they must have written that in wrong by mistake i guess right.

I mean you do know that is Scripture, yes? But i have it the other way around?
The old earth, no, it is passing away.
ooh, sorry, that is not what Scripture says either bro. Or i mean Quote that and let's see ok--but you can't, can you
But the new earth, yes, more and more like heaven.
ah, so when you say it it's ok i guess

Last edited:

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The new earth is within the kingdom of God, which is within those who are His. Eye has not seen, but the spirit sees; and when we are absent from the body, what the eyes have not seen, we shall then see.

That's not what Scripture affirms. Sounds like another view that is counter to the biblical evidence.

7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire.That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells (2 Pet 3:7-13 NIV).​

Oz

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That's not what Scripture affirms. Sounds like another view that is counter to the biblical evidence.

7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire.That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells (2 Pet 3:7-13 NIV).​

Oz
fwiw i would perceive the destruction of earth billions of years from now as distinct from the world passing away right now, as the passage even suggests. The world is not the earth iow

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
our own canon bibles today say the flesh is is bad.
hmm, i don't think so, wadr. Acting from the flesh is bad i guess, ya. A brief look @ "the flesh profits nothing" passage should clarify this. Flesh is not evil or bad, being in the flesh is not a curse, after you get "saved" you still have to eat, We were created as flesh on purpose, Adam was all flesh.

There is no sin in being human and acting from the Spirit, that it may go well with you, in your flesh, that you may have long years (in the flesh), etc.
imo

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) Fortunatley for me I am. I am healed by the blood of Jesus, I don't need leaves on a tree.
If you only knew what it is that you are saying, you would not say such a thing. :(

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm sure you believe this, but Scripture says differnt wadr. Have a good one
If you believe that the scriptures say different, tell me, break it down.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you believe that the scriptures say different, tell me, break it down.
ah sorry, didn't mean to imply that i believe anything, i meant that i was telling you the truth, see
:)

all are deceived

he who says he knows anything does not yet know

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they must have written that in wrong by mistake i guess right.

I mean you do know that is Scripture, yes? But i have it the other way around?
I am not sure just how you see it, but you argue for the old earth to be renewed or something like that, rather than seeing it pass away in fervent heat and fire as say the scriptures. Perhaps you would like to spell out just how you see it clearly.
ooh, sorry, that is not what Scripture says either bro. Or i mean Quote that and let's see ok--but you can't, can you
2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
ah, so when you say it it's ok i guess
Not me, but God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
this is not the same as the world passing away, which we can observe right now however.
Earth and World are two different concepts

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oz
That scripture does not apply to where the new heavens and new earth are - which was your question, which I answered according to the scriptures:

Luke 17:21
nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

2 Corinthians 5:1
For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Colossians 3:3
For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is not the same as the world passing away, which we can observe right now however.
Earth and World are two different concepts
The point is...both pass away.