Are we divine ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rofl, ok then. But you might review what an oracle is, for your own good
You used the word "font" which is also spelled "fount", and so that is what I was commenting on.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I suggest a study of the attributes of God
Rather than always study about Him, I much rather take the time to push into Him and seek Him, ask Him and then await a reply, which always comes, albeit not always as quickly as I would like....He is real you know, we need to bring Him into the now, and not just have Him like a History lesson, or a set of written laws...."Jesus, the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow"....."Today if you hear His voice, do not turn away", just to mention a couple..

Reactions: amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
been asking for witnesses for like a year, pia
I have found that those with a testimony are often quite shy in sharing it...They probably weren't at the first, but other Christians reactions to them often 'beat' them down, steal the joy of it, and kill of the peace you have when something comes into the light...Oh and of course, some love to imply that it was no doubt the enemy, if it differs from their own teachings.....One thing I can tell you unequivocally.....Most people have got Him all wrong.....
He is not, nor has He ever been , a militant, demanding, overbearing, self righteous roaring beast of a 'thing', such as some carry on......Sure He had some hard truth to share with some, that is an entirely different thing, and what they forget is, that He was always acting in and out of Love, just like His Father...He made that so clear many many times, but somehow humans still want Him to have a dark side, and there's where it goes amiss...

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Give God the glory!
I will.....I am still here, I will try to alternate what I do, as I can get too caught up here lol......Emotions can also be 'pinged' which isn't always a good thing.....I am so glad you're sending that, I am sure David is too...Bless you :)

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I ‘feel’ the love and sincerity.
That was mainly what I meant....I don't expect to be able to alter anyone's faith, nor would I want to...As I have said before....I cannot make something real for someone else, only the Lord can do that...My problem is with those who would 'rob' God of who He is and what He says for and to us, which in turn can rob the believer of the joy and peace they get from His Love

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was mainly what I meant....I don't expect to be able to alter anyone's faith, nor would I want to...As I have said before....I cannot make something real for someone else, only the Lord can do that...My problem is with those who would 'rob' God of who He is and what He says for and to us, which in turn can rob the believer of the joy and peace they get from His Love

pia:
Noted and it is real....especially to a 'new' growing believer that has a zeal for the word and God and is on fire. Unfortunately, on these forums it is like being in public on a soapbox preaching the gospel facing both fellow believers and heathen. We have believers that want to correct every word and sentence, and heathen that want to cause a commotion.

The joy and peace is within, and should not rob any believer of it....we should always be alert to false teachings. And these teachings can be generated innocently, with the best intentions. I have criticized myself of not being clear and have generated a false teachings myself, several times and I learn from it. We have to correct each other with kindness and love...

Bless you,

APAK

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
hmm, i don't think so, wadr. Acting from the flesh is bad i guess, ya. A brief look @ "the flesh profits nothing" passage should clarify this. Flesh is not evil or bad, being in the flesh is not a curse, after you get "saved" you still have to eat, We were created as flesh on purpose, Adam was all flesh.

There is no sin in being human and acting from the Spirit, that it may go well with you, in your flesh, that you may have long years (in the flesh), etc.
imo

1 John 5:19
We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

technically the world is bad, flesh is of this world. the idea is to transform from flesh and blood of this world to spirit and our true self of the next world.

Reactions: ScottA

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will.....I am still here, I will try to alternate what I do, as I can get too caught up here lol......Emotions can also be 'pinged' which isn't always a good thing.....I am so glad you're sending that, I am sure David is too...Bless you :)
Perhaps tomorrow!

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
.we should always be alert to false teachings
I agree, and as I pointed out somewhere yesterday Jesus instructed us to 'be careful what you hear'...so we shouldn't just let all the rubbish into our ears.....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
1 John 5:19
We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

technically the world is bad, flesh is of this world. the idea is to transform from flesh and blood of this world to spirit and our true self of the next world.
ya, i don't think so wadr; haven't seen anyone transform yet, except in spirit, while still embodied. Imo your flesh is your temple, it is not bad of itself

Reactions: Dcopymope

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You used the word "font" which is also spelled "fount", and so that is what I was commenting on.
Scott, i respect that you believe you are a font of truth and at least not afraid to say that, but i know better, if your interpretation of Scripture did not already make that so clear. This is the value of witnesses to me, whichever side they might testify for, see, doesn't even matter. The truth comes out in testimony

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, i don't think so wadr; haven't seen anyone transform yet, except in spirit, while still embodied. Imo your flesh is your temple, it is not bad of itself

"Transform flesh into spirit"..."world is bad, flesh is of the world"

Another "oracle" spreading the stench of Gnosticism.

Reactions: bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, i respect that you believe you are a font of truth and at least not afraid to say that, but i know better, if your interpretation of Scripture did not already make that so clear. This is the value of witnesses to me, whichever side they might testify for, see, doesn't even matter. The truth comes out in testimony
My testimony is from God and for God whom is spirit, but many witness for the world and for the flesh, and what value this is to you is also a witness.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My testimony is from God and for God whom is spirit
so you say, but i notice that you are also using "testimony" in the religious fashion, essentially "a verbal recounting of my version of past events." Everyone pretty much believes their "testimony" (a story told about some personal past event) is "from God," see. Everyone is right in their own eyes iow. Humility would never allow such statements to be even contemplated imo.

Your "testimony" is straight from the heart imo, and imo there is nothing wrong with that either.

And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but i notice that you are also using "testimony" in the religious fashion, essentially "a verbal recounting of my version of past events." Everyone pretty much believes their "testimony" (a story told about some personal past event) is "from God," see. Everyone is right in their own eyes iow. Humility would never allow such statements to be even contemplated imo.

Your "testimony" is straight from the heart imo, and imo there is nothing wrong with that either.

And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom.

The moment someone contradicts the written word, yet they have the nerve to proclaime themselves a bastion of truth, their so called "testimony from God" gets tossed out the window where it belongs. The words of a self-made "oracle" and their "testimonies" doesn't trump the only testimonies that matter when it comes down to it, the OLD and NEW testament.

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, i certainly counsel questioning everything i say, at least :)
i have enough ppl looking at me as some font already, drives me nuts.
i want a t-shirt says "why are you asking me?" right now lol.
or "ask me, and i will be more than happy to make a guess" or something

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you prefer "witness", then witness, but don't get caught up in the semantics.

You should have perceived from the rest of my comment that it was "from" God, and not to be taken as from me. That was the point of my comment. But that is you just seeing only what you want to see, whether by belief or unbelief. God knows.