Are you a chosen one?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ferris Bueller said:
Believing Christians who have the faith of Abraham are the chosen children of God. From among both the Jews and the gentiles.

Please cite reference scriptures. Thanks.
Galatians 3:7,26-29

7Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham.

26So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you suggesting that God, in His purpose or intent concerning His election of Israel had made a mistake or failed, in that, all of the ethnic nation of Israel are not saved? If that is what you are suggesting by what you say there, then I am sorry to say that, such position is not in keeping with scriptures relative to that. For the purpose of God according to election is sure to stand.
No, I am not suggesting that God made a mistake or failed in regard to Israel's election.
Paul explains that here...

Romans 3:3-4, Romans 11:1-5
3What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God’s faithfulness? 4Not at all!

1I ask then, did God reject His people? Certainly not! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2God did not reject His people, whom He foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says about Elijah, how he appealed to God against Israel: 3“Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars. I am the only one left, and they are seeking my life as well”a?4And what was the divine reply to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”b5In the same way, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Ferris Bueller said:
Believing Christians who have the faith of Abraham are the chosen children of God. From among both the Jews and the gentiles.

Galatians 3:7,26-29

7Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham.

26So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Where does it say there that they are the Israel of God?

Tong
R1164

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
No, I am not suggesting that God made a mistake or failed in regard to Israel's election.
Paul explains that here...

Romans 3:3-4, Romans 11:1-5
3What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God’s faithfulness? 4Not at all!

1I ask then, did God reject His people? Certainly not! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2God did not reject His people, whom He foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says about Elijah, how he appealed to God against Israel: 3“Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars. I am the only one left, and they are seeking my life as well”a?4And what was the divine reply to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”b5In the same way, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.
Romans 3:3-4 does tell us of God's faithfulness towards the Jew. However it does not tell us nor explain, how God had not failed in regard to the nation Israel's election, if at all the purpose of God's corporate election of them is for salvation, for not all of them are saved. Likewise Romans 11:1-5 does not tell us nor explain such.

Now, consider what Paul said of Israel, "all Israel will be saved". This has something to do with what he said in Romans 9 concerning the nation Israel, saying "For they are not all Israel who are of Israel". That all Israel will be saved tells us that God did not make a mistake in His election of Israel.

Tong
R1165

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you say about yourself? Do you think you belong to the chosen ones who will have eternal life? And what makes you so sure?
There is only one who was chosen. The rest of us have to work out our salvation (Philippians 2:12).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, you need to consider John 15:16...

Jhn 15:16, Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

I do consider that while this was originally spoken to the disciples chosen by Jesus to be apostles, that this also applies to everyone who is elected by God for predestination unto salvation.

We have all been chosen out by the Lord to go and bring forth fruit, who have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, and given His Holy Spirit.

Gal 5:22, But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I could take all night to say why. I'm sure that some will say I already have. Lol! The first time I heard John 3:16 I believed it. Since then I've been baptized with water, the Holy Spirit, and fire. I've made a public confession of faith and I've spent 5 1/2 years in worship ministry. He told me that I'd been faithful with little and that He was going to give me more. After 20 years of preparation, He's recently led me into the more. Shalom.
"I am a wounded soldier but I will not leave the fight because the Great Physician is healing me. So I'm standing in the battle in the armor of His light because His mighty power is real in me. I am loved, I am accepted by the Savior of my soul. I am loved, I am accepted and my wounds will be made whole." Wounded Soldier By Danny Daniels Vineyard Music

Reactions: Josho

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
When you first brought the phrase up I suspected that you were probably referring to Galatians 6:16.
It's not really about the phrase, but of the Israel that Paul was talking about when he said "they are not all Israel who are of Israel" in Romans 9 and when he said "all Israel will be saved" in Romans 11.

Tong
R1168

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
There is only one who was chosen. The rest of us have to work out our salvation (Philippians 2:12).
Not so. "We, you, brethren", in the passage below, refers to more than one.

2 Thess. 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,

There are more than one chosen that the Father gives to the Son. Jesus said concerning this, "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (John 6:37).

Tong
R1169

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not really about the phrase, but of the Israel that Paul was talking about when he said "they are not all Israel who are of Israel" in Romans 9 and when he said "all Israel will be saved" in Romans 11.

Tong
R1168
As long as one stays in context those passages speak for themselves. Is there something specific you wanted to address?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so. "We, you, brethren", in the passage below, refers to more than one.

2 Thess. 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,

There are more than one chosen that the Father gives to the Son. Jesus said concerning this, "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (John 6:37).

Tong
R1169
Good point. I wonder if the chosen Scripture is referencing were chosen BEFORE conception? What are your thoughts?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Good point. I wonder if the chosen Scripture is referencing were chosen BEFORE conception? What are your thoughts?

The verse says "from the beginning". But the passage does not say what beginning point it is. Though it could refer to any point of beginning, such point of beginning could only be anywhere from before creation until before conversion.

Tong
R1173

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tong2020 said:
Please elaborate. By Israel, are you referring to the Israelites, the physical descendants of Jacob?

@Getitright
@Ferris Bueller

Concerning Israel, the Israelites, the physical descendants of Jacob, the ethnic nation Israel, yes they were chosen by God. However, here's what scriptures says about them. Paul explained in Romans 9, that they are not all Israel who are of Israel, nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham. That those who are the children of the flesh, are not the children of God. And if not the children of God, whose children are they? And if not the children of God, they are not among those chosen unto salvation, unto eternal life. This then tells us concerning the election of the nation Israel, that they were corporately (in contrast to individually) elected by God, that is as a nation, in keeping the oath God swore to Abraham, and that, for service. Clearly, the corporate election of ethnic nation Israel was not unto salvation, but unto the service of God, else, if unto salvation, then all the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, would have been said to be the children of God and are saved. But that is not the case.

Paul didn't say anyone was chosen to salvation. Israel is God's chosen people, that doesn't mean they are saved. God chose Abraham, and Paul said those who are of faith are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise. What was the promise, it was the land that God promised to Abraham, the Promised Land. Scripture says that God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. This shows us that unless one comes to repentance they shall perish. Thus no one is chosen to salvation. The Christian's hope is the promise God made to Abraham.

I am pretty sure you read scriptures. In connection to this, in your reading of scriptures, considering what Paul said that not all Israel are of Israel, who do you say are the Israel of God, the chosen of God, the children of God?

Tong
R1156