Are you connected to the gates of hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How long do you think it will take before Facebook figures out that you're a Christian?

• I never mix my faith with Facebook.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As long as they think I'm a luke warm spine donor, i have nothing to worry about.

• They'll never figure out that I'm a Christian. I'm safe.

• Facebook black-balled me years ago.

• Total voters

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to have an account on Facebook but got rid of it years ago when they allowed some horrible photo of Muslim terrorists that I found too disgusting to tolerate. Lots of other people complained about it so much, Facebook finally said they wouldn't permit that kind of gruesome photo anymore. I remained so disgusted by attitude that would allow such a foul photo until so many people complained, I wanted nothing to do with them.

I found out the problem with this post was not about Luke 10 but was about a security issue involving a questionable link.

Snopes Tips

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I post bible verses and posts about being spiritual in Christ all the time on facebook. Never had a problem.

Don't allow the enemy to intimidate you. Be bold and speak the truth...but in love.

The gates of hell cannot prevail against the brotherhood of Christ. We should be encouraging one another to be bold in our witness and testimony on any and all social media. We should be bold as lions...not running when no one is actually chasing us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I used to have an account on Facebook but got rid of it years ago when they allowed some horrible photo of Muslim terrorists that I found too disgusting to tolerate. Lots of other people complained about it so much, Facebook finally said they wouldn't permit that kind of gruesome photo anymore. I remained so disgusted by attitude that would allow such a foul photo until so many people complained, I wanted nothing to do with them.

I found out the problem with this post was not about Luke 10 but was about a security issue involving a questionable link.

Snopes Tips

Snopes has been shown to repeatedly present a significantly left of center bias so I don't place much faith in him anymore.

I had a facebook page as well until they informed me that I had to supply them with a government issue photo ID. At the time the only picture I had uploaded was one of my dog, and that wasn't good enough for them. I didn't know how to send them a picture of my ID, and eventually just gave up when it dawned on me that I don't really need to be sending my ID into cyberspace anyways.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Snopes has been shown to repeatedly present a significantly left of center bias so I don't place much faith in him anymore.

I had a facebook page as well until they informed me that I had to supply them with a government issue photo ID. At the time the only picture I had uploaded was one of my dog, and that wasn't good enough for them. I didn't know how to send them a picture of my ID, and eventually just gave up when it dawned on me that I don't really need to be sending my ID into cyberspace anyways.
Perhaps you have a "right of center"bias? Perhaps you want to believe the worst about Facebook? As you know, I detest Facebook; but I still doubt they censored this woman's post just because she quoted some Bible passage. She could have her own bias too. She could be trying to get attention and pick up a following by making this accusation. The thread at that link had people saying they had posted the same passage from other sites without a problem. That sounded credible to me.

I find almost all the controversies that swirl around Facebook a waste of time. Anyone can say anything.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Perhaps you have a "right of center"bias? Perhaps you want to believe the worst about Facebook? As you know, I detest Facebook; but I still doubt they censored this woman's post just because she quoted some Bible passage. She could have her own bias too. She could be trying to get attention and pick up a following by making this accusation. The thread at that link had people saying they had posted the same passage from other sites without a problem. That sounded credible to me.

I find almost all the controversies that swirl around Facebook a waste of time. Anyone can say anything.

No, I know for a fact anyone cannot say anything. I joined a Christian group on Facebook, and they not only nixed me, but notified Facebook, who then locked me out of my account until I provided a government issued photo ID. I was able to open another Facebook account, but after realizing that I was going to have to re-friend everyone all over again, I just canceled it. They are selling everyone's information. Most people don't care because they're so wrapped up in themselves, but when one considers just how much money these corporations are making off this stuff, it makes one wonder why more people aren't asking for a kickback. If they want all my information, they can pay me for it.

Just to give you an idea of how far I've taken this idea, I removed the badges and logos from my vehicles. They're all stealth. One of my cars is a rare enough model that people will routinely approach me and ask me what it is. These are my cars. I own them so I'm not going to provide free ad space on my car. They can pay me if they want it that bad.

My primary reason was that it just looks better. The rest is an added bonus.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I know for a fact anyone cannot say anything. I joined a Christian group on Facebook, and they not only nixed me, but notified Facebook, who then locked me out of my account until I provided a government issued photo ID. I was able to open another Facebook account, but after realizing that I was going to have to re-friend everyone all over again, I just canceled it. They are selling everyone's information. Most people don't care because they're so wrapped up in themselves, but when one considers just how much money these corporations are making off this stuff, it makes one wonder why more people aren't asking for a kickback. If they want all my information, they can pay me for it.

Just to give you an idea of how far I've taken this idea, I removed the badges and logos from my vehicles. They're all stealth. One of my cars is a rare enough model that people will routinely approach me and ask me what it is. These are my cars. I own them so I'm not going to provide free ad space on my car. They can pay me if they want it that bad.

My primary reason was that it just looks better. The rest is an added bonus.
Sounds to me the Christian group caused that grief.

It is a money making operation. Their project to start their own cryptocurrency was just another grab for more power and influence. They may regret that since several governments now see them as getting too big for their britches -- indeed wielding power perhaps greater than the government. Their involvement in the 2016 American election via Cambridge Analytica also disgusted me. They should have known to guard sensitive information better.

B

brakelite

If Facebook doesn't know by now that I'm a right wing conservative Christian fundamentalistw who believes in the scriptures and has a hope of the resurrection then it's observers are blind, dead, dumb, and utterly stupid.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't post on Facebook. I dislike the fake-ness of it. Every post, every picture, every story uploaded to it shows others only what people have carefully snap-shot. The perfect family pic. The perfectly worded 'i'm so down on my luck' passive aggressive post, the incredibly angled selfie or holiday snaps. Most baffling of all is why parents of children too young to have a Facebook account...too young to have any clue at all...get on and "Happy birthday my darling x! We love you so much!" Their darling x can't read and is not on Facebook, so in reality, all they're doing is announcing to the world what amazing parents they are and bragging about their kid. Put the phone down and go spend the day with your dang kid!
*rant over*