Are you saved now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just between God & I, ...same with you.
You have to stop relying on men, you've already seen their error so you have no excuse to claim that the truth has been handed down faithfully, to the one Church who once had three popes all vying/fighting to prove who was the God-ordained.
You are without excuse theefaith.
No personal lord and savior
Our faith and salvation are in common,
eph 4:5 Jude 1:3
the communion of saints,
2 cor 13:14
Be ye of one mind and one heart
Acts 4:32

One body of Christ one fold
Jn 10:16
1 cor 12:13

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just between God & I, ...same with you.
You have to stop relying on men, you've already seen their error so you have no excuse to claim that the truth has been handed down faithfully, to the one Church who once had three popes all vying/fighting to prove who was the God-ordained.
You are without excuse theefaith.
There are and can be anti-popes, invalid popes, and their not impeccable

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No personal lord and savior
Our faith and salvation are in common,
eph 4:5 Jude 1:3
the communion of saints,
2 cor 13:14
Be ye of one mind and one heart
Acts 4:32

One body of Christ one fold
Jn 10:16
1 cor 12:13
And what does Jerusalem or Christ have to do with Rome, or Peter with the vicar of Christ?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are and can be anti-popes, invalid popes, and their not impeccable

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20
Well it seems then that those who elected them had their messages crossed - there were no apostles at the time to clear things up? This debacle went on for 70 years, then Martin V was elected in all three of their places, and then Martin burnt Jan Hus alive.
Is this your ancestry, theefaith - it's definitely not Christ's nor Peter's?

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Jn 3:16 believes, a perpetual state of believing, present tense, not a one time only past tense “I’m saved” now let’s play golf and get drunk!

Salvation that is complete requires a fearful, continuous, willful working out, according to the epistles.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what does Jerusalem or Christ have to do with Rome, or Peter with the vicar of Christ?

Jn 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jn 9:5
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Matt 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
(The apostles)
——————

Only Peter and the apostles and their successors have the teaching authority of Christ with the guarantee of the Holy Spirit! Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

————

Fathers have care of their children, spiritual fathers care for our souls!

Pope, papa, father, yes spiritual father!

Is 22

Matt 10:2
First apostle Peter:

Matt 17:27
Jesus and Peter are one:
Jesus even works a miracle to make this point. 27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Mt 16:18 Peter received the keys of the kingdom: and the power to bind and loose:

Mt 17:27
Peter commanded to confirm his breathren:

Lk 22:32
Jesus prays for Peter:

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

Peter is the prince of the apostles, head of the universal church on earth!

Jn 20:21-23
Peter and the apostles receive the Holy Spirit and the power to forgive sins:

Acts 1:15 1:17 1:26
Peter declares Judas office of apostle valid and vacant and chooses a successor:

Acts 2:14
Peter preaches the first sermon on Pentecost:

Acts 2:38
Peter requires baptism as the outward sign and initiation into the new covenant!

1 Tim 1 Paul is Timothy’s spiritual father.
1 Jn 2:1 little children are adult Christians, John is their spiritual father.

Apostles have Care for our souls
(Acts 20:28 Jn 21:17 Heb 13:17)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it seems then that those who elected them had their messages crossed - there were no apostles at the time to clear things up? This debacle went on for 70 years, then Martin V was elected in all three of their places, and then Martin burnt Jan Hus alive.
Is this your ancestry, theefaith - it's definitely not Christ's nor Peter's?
His was a heretic
The state not the church executes justice
No apostles? Really?
Then there’s no new covenant no salvation no grace!

eph 2:20
Matt 16:18 I am with you (the apostles) until the end of the age, so the apostles must be here until the end! Where’s your faith, the apostles are appointed by Christ Matt 16:18 18:18 and guided by the HS and angels acts 8

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're trying to equate isolated circumstances, with something of the magnitude of papal infallibility, of apostolic succession, of building the greatest church of its time that had to be approved by a rather large committee and ratified by decree.
Again BOL, out of your own mouth, you have no ide of what you are talking about, ...and your sly, horrible dialectics and rationale
And once again - you show how completely ignorant you are of how the Church works.

Your posts are becoming increasingly impotent because of this.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it will be me alone before God on Judgment Day. I will have to substantiate all my beliefs before Him, I will not be able to make an appeal to apostolic succession, and then blame them for their dogma - that they 'forced' me to believe.
So Mary, let's see if these men who have been handed down the keys from Peter, will come to your defense at the Great White Throne, if by chance they got anything wrong...?
You're on your own Mary, just like I am, this is why I make all conclusions pertaining to Scripture, on my own - just like all should.

you have a personal covenant with God, and you are the mediator?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you have a personal covenant with God, and you are the mediator?
@theefaith this question is a strawman misrepresentation other people's positions. Do you realize that?

If you want to engage in apologetics, then please take the time to LISTEN and UNDERSTAND other people's beliefs.

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jn 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jn 9:5
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Matt 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
(The apostles)
——————

Only Peter and the apostles and their successors have the teaching authority of Christ with the guarantee of the Holy Spirit! Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

————

Fathers have care of their children, spiritual fathers care for our souls!

Pope, papa, father, yes spiritual father!

Is 22

Matt 10:2
First apostle Peter:

Matt 17:27
Jesus and Peter are one:
Jesus even works a miracle to make this point. 27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Mt 16:18 Peter received the keys of the kingdom: and the power to bind and loose:

Mt 17:27
Peter commanded to confirm his breathren:

Lk 22:32
Jesus prays for Peter:

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

Peter is the prince of the apostles, head of the universal church on earth!

Jn 20:21-23
Peter and the apostles receive the Holy Spirit and the power to forgive sins:

Acts 1:15 1:17 1:26
Peter declares Judas office of apostle valid and vacant and chooses a successor:

Acts 2:14
Peter preaches the first sermon on Pentecost:

Acts 2:38
Peter requires baptism as the outward sign and initiation into the new covenant!

1 Tim 1 Paul is Timothy’s spiritual father.
1 Jn 2:1 little children are adult Christians, John is their spiritual father.

Apostles have Care for our souls
(Acts 20:28 Jn 21:17 Heb 13:17)
The proof is in the pudding - you fail to heed to the signs, you are only theorizing.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
His was a heretic
The state not the church executes justice
No apostles? Really?
Then there’s no new covenant no salvation no grace!

eph 2:20
Matt 16:18 I am with you (the apostles) until the end of the age, so the apostles must be here until the end! Where’s your faith, the apostles are appointed by Christ Matt 16:18 18:18 and guided by the HS and angels acts 8

Really, many will say that it was those who martyred him that were the heretics, I sure would, each and every one of them.

Since when did Christ order the death of those who didn't believe. The disciples wanting to call fire down on the cities that refused to accept Jesus, Jesus rebuked them (Luke 9:54). Jesus never brought fire down on Capernaum, Sidon or Tyre. Yet those devils that you call apostolic did just that, on countless occasions. You honour and revere demons, theefaith!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And once again - you show how completely ignorant you are of how the Church works.

Your posts are becoming increasingly impotent because of this.
...only impotent when dealing with deceitful and incompetent wolves like yourself.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...only impotent when dealing with deceitful and incompetent wolves like yourself.
I've exposed your lies at every turn - so I understand your frustration.

My advice to you is simply this:
Do your HOMEWORK before attempting to debate things that you know NOTHING about.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've exposed your lies at every turn - so I understand your frustration.

My advice to you is simply this:
Do your HOMEWORK before attempting to debate things that you know NOTHING about.
You're either too deceitful, deluded, indoctrinated, or just incompetent.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says the following regarding salvation. There is a past aspect, a present aspect and a future aspect to our salvation.

Past
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Present
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Future
Romans 5:9
having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

hope this helps!!!
Also, 1 John--"but to those who received him he gave the right TO BECOME the sons of God." Not TO BE.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I have said maybe 1,000 times, I adhere to no one denomination, congregation or theologian. I, coincidentally, have convictions from many faiths (all substantiated from the Bible, at least in my mind, first and foremost), which is why I highly denounce anyone who is so exclusive with implicit trust towards a specific denomination, like yourself .

I've gone back to read this original post with particular attention to you DNB, just because you've offered constructive feedback, and I always covet that; I want to discover how precise you are altogether for future reference.

Here you use the expression, convictions from many faiths. I might have said a similar thing except used the phrase, convictions from every biblical group, because "interfaith" goes beyond the bible into world religions, which is contrary to Christ. The Christian faith requires the utmost care.

So my question is, could you clarify here?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've gone back to read this original post with particular attention to you DNB, just because you've offered constructive feedback, and I always covet that; I want to discover how precise you are altogether for future reference.

Here you use the expression, convictions from many faiths. I might have said a similar thing except used the phrase, convictions from every biblical group, because "interfaith" goes beyond the bible into world religions, which is contrary to Christ. The Christian faith requires the utmost care.

So my question is, could you clarify here?
Hello BJ, yes, I meant it on an ecumenical level - exclusively Christian faiths or tenets, and to be more precise, just those principles that are derived from Scripture. But, not in a unified sense, just that it should be obvious that of all the Christian denominations that exist, we expect there to be God-given truths somewhere within each's entire theology, respectively - they are not all devoid of any wisdom or insight, even the Catholics. So, just because I may accept a precept or two within Arminian dogma, does not make me an Arminian. And just to emphasize, I am adamantly non-denominational - no name or appellation comes before Christ's.

But, just for the sake of argument, which again, was not my original intent to include non-Christian faiths in my point, but wisdom is wisdom and there is the principle of natural theology, or as Paul said, 'God's laws are written on all men's hearts'. Thus, it is a fair statement to say that many non-Christian groups, unwittingly, will also happen to have divine truths (Christian) within the constructs of their religion. This is inevitable if there is any level of sincerity or profundity within their investigations or observations. Even the philosophers have recognized to some degree, certain truths about God's Laws. If Confucius, Ghandi, Budhha, Aristotle or Voltaire happen to believe that 'two wrongs do not make a right', does that make them wrong just because they're not Christian?

Last edited:

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are wrong, with an exception, that point in which we're agreeing with them. They themselves are wrong. That serpent who deceived Eve gave "some truths," but altogether is a liar.

I remember my senior year in college I was contemplating a mission-oriented "ecumenical" graduate program but I discovered to my dismay that the institution had one course at least --embracing--the culture of buddhism (not of Buddhist people). That's an important distinction. But that's how deception usually comes. Had I not been careful I might have found myself at an antichrist institution.