Assurance of salvation:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Doing good works involves the use of one's gifts......everybody has gifts or tallent that they were born with, because when Jesus left for Heaven, He gave gifts to all people.

I got more news for you:

The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are only given to Born Again Christian People and not to everybody when they were born.

Just out of curiosity, Verzanumi24, I see you don't list under your name your faith.
What is your faith?

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I got more news for you:

The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are only given to Born Again Christian People and not to everybody when they were born.

That's besides the point, which is every gift that people have was given to them by Jesus.

Just out of curiosity, Verzanumi24, I see you don't list under your name your faith.
What is your faith?

As for my faith as you call it, I don't go by definitions that didn't come from God's word. So bassed on God's word said, I'm a brother of Jesus and which makes me a son of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The point is, Jesus never preached born again

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
John 5:24-27
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
NKJV

The passage shows salvation is CONDITIONAL and not unconditional as OSAS claims. One must conditionally hear and believe to have everlasting life. Both verbs in the present tense show the hearing and believing must conditionally be ongoing, sustained for if one quits hearing and believing he will come into condemnation.
H. Richard said:
John 6:34-35
34 Then they said to Him, "Lord, give us this bread always."
35 And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.
NKJV

Same as above, one must conditionally come to Christ and believe with both verbs being in the present tense. One that quits coming to Christ and quits believing will hunger and thirst.

H. Richard said:
John 6:46-50
46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father.
47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.
48 I am the bread of life.
49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.
NKJV

Again, one must conditionally maintain a present tense belief (v47)

H. Richard said:
Acts 13:38-39
38 Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins;
39 and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.
NKJV

One must have a conditional present tense belief to be justified and remain justified before God.
H. Richard said:
Romans 4:5-8
5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin."
NKJV

Again, one must conditionally maintain a present tense belief (v5)

H. Richard said:
Romans 10:3-4
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
NKJV

Romans 10:10-13
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
NKJV

1 John 5:4-5
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith.
5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
NKJV

1 John 5:9-13
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.
10 He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son.
11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
NKJV

The rest of these verses show one must conditionally believe for if one turns to unbelief he will become lost in his unbelief (John 3:18; Hebrews 3:12)

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

That was a private conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus....that's not preaching. Jesus never mentioned born again after that. Born again, is not the gospel Jesus said He was sent to preach.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nope. If you read my reply in it's entirerty and understood matthew 25 you would see that if one has not been profitable to Jesus, such a person will not make it. But unfortunitly, most christians have been mislead to believe that it's a free ride. But Jesus did what He needed to do, so we also have our part in our salvation as well.

The unprofitable servant in matthew 25 didn't do what he was required to do, so he lost out.

matthew 25
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Just because you can't earn salvation from doing good works, doesn't mean one will enter the kingdom of God without doing good works.

Everyone will be rewared accoring to their works.
Romans 2:6-7 (KJV)
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

No good works, no reward and no reward one will not have a reason to be in the kingdom of God....so the indivdual who didn't use their gifts for the betterment of the world will lose out.

This has nothing to do with salvation.
But it has everything to do with Gifts and Rewards ...it is our works which are tried. Salvation is a done deal....settled...By Jesus Christ.
What each one of us has done with what we have been given, is a different issue. It is about our placing in the kingdom.
Whether a person will be in the 1,000 year reign with Christ or not.
5 wise virgins were, 5 foolish virgins were not, they were shut out.
Out of heaven ...NO, but out of the 1,000 years...

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
This has nothing to do with salvation.
But it has everything to do with Gifts and Rewards ...it is our works which are tried. Salvation is a done deal....settled...By Jesus Christ.
What each one of us has done with what we have been given, is a different issue. It is about our placing in the kingdom.
Whether a person will be in the 1,000 year reign with Christ or not.
5 wise virgins were, 5 foolish virgins were not, they were shut out.
Out of heaven ...NO, but out of the 1,000 years...

But my point is, one's reward will be bassed on how well the indivdual have been productive in their gifts. So if the indivdual was not productive in the use of their gifts, he or she will not be in the kingdom of God. That was the point of Jesus' parable. To be shut out means to not be in the kingdom of God.....that's why they were called the five foolish.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Verzanumi, Ok, so Jesus said only once "You must be born again"
That's in the Bible and cannot just be ignored, even if it was only once, as you indicated. (And at night....you said.)

(He might have said it many more times without it being recorded in the scriptures.
After all, the Bible says that He did many mighty things that were not listed.
The book would not be big enough to mention it all.)

But you, Verzanumi, said it was only once, as if that would decrease the value of that statement.

Jesus also went to the cross once.
Does that decrease the value of the cross?

Anyhow, Verzanumi, what kind of church to you attend?

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Verzanumi, Ok, so Jesus said only once "You must be born again"
That's in the Bible and cannot just be ignored, even if it was only once, as you indicated. (And at night....you said.)

(He might have said it many more times without it being recorded in the scriptures.
After all, the Bible says that He did many mighty things that were not listed.
The book would not be big enough to mention it all.)

But you, Verzanumi, said it was only once, as if that would decrease the value of that statement.

Jesus also went to the cross once.
Does that decrease the value of the cross?

Anyhow, Verzanumi, what kind of church to you attend?

If what Jesus said once is important and shouldn't be ignored, then what would it mean if Jesus said something more than once?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I rather not get into that...

Ok, that's what I figured.
It says enough when one is ashamed to say which church he/she attends.

Well, I'm not ashamed to say I'm going to a Pentecostal Church where they believe one should be born again, baptized in water and receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. :)

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

Well, I'm not ashamed to say I'm going to a Pentecostal Church where they believe one should be born again, baptized in water and receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. :)

That's your opinion.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Mine too...

Mine too...

This is a typical responce from those who hate the truth......don't like the message, find something to discredit the person.