Assurance of salvation:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a typical responce from those who hate the truth...
This is a careless uninformed statement on your part.... unless God gave you a personal revelation about the hearts of the ones you are talking to here...?

You would probably say that you love the truth, but how well do you know this truth that you love? All of us who have not yet arrived at the "face to face" vision still see in some measure "as through a glass darkly". Because our vision is still somewhat flawed does not mean we do not love the truth. Saying that someone else does not sounds to me like a final judgment and final judgment as I understand it belong to God. Are you qualified to or authorized to make such a judgment?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matt 7:1-5

"... He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone..." John 8:7

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a careless uninformed statement on your part.... unless God gave you a personal revelation about the hearts of the ones you are talking to here...?

You would probably say that you love the truth, but how well do you know this truth that you love? All of us who have not yet arrived at the "face to face" vision still see in some measure "as through a glass darkly". Because our vision is still somewhat flawed does not mean we do not love the truth. Saying that someone else does not sounds to me like a final judgment and final judgment as I understand it belong to God. Are you qualified to or authorized to make such a judgment?

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matt 7:1-5

What is it in the hearts of some men/women that makes them want to slander others who disagree with them. Cant they see that that is what Satan does? They reduce an OP to talking about the poster, not the subject of the thread.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is it in the hearts of some men/women that makes them want to slander others who disagree with them. Cant they see that that is what Satan does? They reduce an OP to talking about the poster, not the subject of the thread.
This is the way of men, the way of man's carnality. Jesus brought us a better Way, but we need to take hold of it and let it take hold of us. We need to be cleansed of the garbage and refilled with the good things of God. This is not usually done in a one stop only journey. We may need to receive and an additional touch or additional touches from Jesus:

"And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly." Mark 8:23-25

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

You were pretty quiet when Triumph1300 said, "Ok, that's what I figured.
It says enough when one is ashamed to say which church he/she attends.

Do they or you believe God gave them any special revelation about what's in my mind? Arn't they judging me?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were pretty quiet when Triumph1300 said, "Ok, that's what I figured.
It says enough when one is ashamed to say which church he/she attends.

Do they or you believe God gave them any special revelation about what's in my mind? Arn't they judging me?
My apologies. Sorry if I did not speak previously on the other side if I should have. God is still working on me too, which means sometimes I miss the mark or make mistakes. My words to you addressed only your words. I had not read all that everyone had written before on the thread. I knew Triump1300 previously and was already biased in his favor. I did not know you at all. I am not excusing my mistake, simply explaining what happened and apologizing.

I don't always tell everyone exactly where I attend church services and do not expect anyone else to do so... although admittedly like anyone else sometimes I am curious. There is a reason to share things and there is a reason to be silent... according to God. Our response to others should be according to what God wants us to do. To expect someone else to always do exactly what I would do, would be unreasonable. God does not expect or require that of us. The members of the Body of Christ are, or are to be, many parts with different functions. The work of the foot is not the work of the hand and vice versa. All of the parts are subject to the Head which is Jesus. We eventually are to work together, but there is always only one Head.

The time will come when the members of the Body of Christ will be perfectly fit together and in perfect harmony. In the interim, each of us needs to be paying attention to what "thus saith the Lord" to us so that we can be doing His will.

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Watching your posts one cannot help but form an opinion.
What's in the heart comes out of the mouth.
Nothing unusual about that.
Don't you have an opinion after you hear a sermon in "your church" ?

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

there is a fine line there, bc we are our ideas, in a sense. Imo a point is likely to not be offendable, and to try and understand the intent behind what seems like a personal attack. If the intent is to make a commentary on the belief, then reply to the intent. Of course the intent might not be that, but that should become obvious by any deflecting or etc i guess

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
My apologies. Sorry if I did not speak previously on the other side if I should have. God is still working on me too, which means sometimes I miss the mark or make mistakes. My words to you addressed only your words. I had not read all that everyone had written before on the thread. I knew Triump1300 previously and was already biased in his favor. I did not know you at all. I am not excusing my mistake, simply explaining what happened and apologizing.

I don't always tell everyone exactly where I attend church services and do not expect anyone else to do so... although admittedly like anyone else sometimes I am curious. There is a reason to share things and there is a reason to be silent... according to God. Our response to others should be according to what God wants us to do. To expect someone else to always do exactly what I would do, would be unreasonable. God does not expect or require that of us. The members of the Body of Christ are, or are to be, many parts with different functions. The work of the foot is not the work of the hand and vice versa. All of the parts are subject to the Head which is Jesus. We eventually are to work together, but there is always only one Head.

The time will come when the members of the Body of Christ will be perfectly fit together and in perfect harmony. In the interim, each of us needs to be paying attention to what "thus saith the Lord" to us so that we can be doing His will.

apology accepted. I have been down the road many times of people asking personal questions of me that have nothing to do with the topic or discussions. And in most if not all, they use the information that I provided them to attack me even more so. And the majority of these indivduals were Christians. The bottomline is that my personal background is not important, but what is, is what I have been saying according to scripture or not?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The reason I asked about the church you are attending is obvious.
The reason is the strange doctrine you are preaching on this forum.

I don't care about your personal background one bit.

Reactions: Helen

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
The reason I asked about the church you are attending is obvious.
The reason is the strange doctrine you are preaching on this forum.

I don't care about your personal background one bit.

It's strange to you because because pastors and ministers cherry pick scriptures in the Bible. There is nothing that I have post that is not supproted by the scriptures.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
apology accepted. I have been down the road many times of people asking personal questions of me that have nothing to do with the topic or discussions. And in most if not all, they use the information that I provided them to attack me even more so. And the majority of these indivduals were Christians. The bottomline is that my personal background is not important, but what is, is what I have been saying according to scripture or not?
Anyone can quote scripture and on forums like this one, many do, but they do so coming from all sides of a question using the verses that support their own beliefs. Almost any belief can be supported that way.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Anyone can quote scripture and on forums like this one, many do, but they do so coming from all sides of a question using the verses that support their own beliefs. Almost any belief can be supported that way.

The Bible must be viewed as a whole book, and that one should not take scriptures in isolation of everything else in the Bible. It is also important to understand the difference between the works of the law and doing good works......the two are not the same. The Old Testament rituals that the Israelite were required to perform are not required under the New Covenant. But nevertheless, one is still required to do good and use the gifts or tallents that was given to them. Jesus made it perfectly clear in some of His parables about the kingdom of God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible must be viewed as a whole book, and that one should not take scriptures in isolation of everything else in the Bible. It is also important to understand the difference between the works of the law and doing good works......the two are not the same. The Old Testament rituals that the Israelite were required to perform are not required under the New Covenant. But nevertheless, one is still required to do good and use the gifts or tallents that was given to them. Jesus made it perfectly clear in some of His parables about the kingdom of God.
God has a whole single plan and all that we need to know about that plan in order to please Him is written in the scriptures. But to understand what we need to understand requires that we be led by the Holy Spirit. If we are so led and never quench the Holy Spirit then we will be doing everything that God requires of us. Of course, many assemblies of God's people teach them to quench the Spirit.

We need to be careful about following our mind more than we follow the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Helen

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
God has a whole single plan and all that we need to know about that plan in order to please Him is written in the scriptures. But to understand what we need to understand requires that we be led by the Holy Spirit. If we are so led and never quench the Holy Spirit then we will be doing everything that God requires of us. Of course, many assemblies of God's people teach them to quench the Spirit.

We need to be careful about following our mind more than we follow the Holy Spirit.

Those who are lead by the Spirit of God will follow in the same path Jesus took. To follow is not just believing in Jesus and that's it, but it means to do what He did. A true believer in Jesus will be active in doing good.

Matthew 16:24 (ASV)
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Follow:
Greek Word:
ἀκολουθέω

Transliteration: akoloutheō

Phonetic Pronunciation: ak-ol-oo-theh'-o

Root: from <G1> (as a particle of union) and keleuthos (a road)

Cross Reference: TDNT - 1:210,33

Part of Speech: v

Vine's Words: Follow, Follow after, Reach

Usage Notes:

English Words used in KJV:

follow 91
reach 1
[Total Count: 92]

from <G1> (a) (as a particle of union) and keleuthos (a road); properly to be in the same way with, i.e. to accompany (specially as a disciple) :- follow, reach.

Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

ἀκολουθέω, akoloutheō

Usage Notes: to be an akolouthos, "a follower," or "companion"

Vine's Expository Dictionary of Old Testament and New Testament Words.

Beliving in Jesus MUST be backed up by our deeds or action.

Jesus said not all who say Lord Lord that will enter the kingdom of God, but those who do the will of the father.

Matthew 7:21 (ASV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Doing the will of The Father requires works. In the Bible it's not either works or faith....it's both.

James 2:18 (KJV)
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Those who truly understand their purpose will not only live by faith and under Grace, but also they will be out doing good just as Jesus was doing good.

Acts 10:38 (ASV)
38 even Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Christians have no clue what their purpose is. They think God made human beings to worship Him or praise Him.....that is tottally false.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are lead by the Spirit of God will follow in the same path Jesus took. To follow is not just believing in Jesus and that's it, but it means to do what He did. A true believer in Jesus will be active in doing good.

Beliving in Jesus MUST be backed up by our deeds or action.

Jesus said not all who say Lord Lord that will enter the kingdom of God, but those who do the will of the father.

Doing the will of The Father requires works. In the Bible it's not either works or faith....it's both.

Those who truly understand their purpose will not only live by faith and under Grace, but also they will be out doing good just as Jesus was doing good.

Christians have no clue what their purpose is. They think God made human beings to worship Him or praise Him.....that is tottally false.

OK, then you have said that if you singular [ @verzanumi24 ] are a "Christian" you also "have no clue as to what [your] purpose is". Have I understood you correctly? Either you are not a Christian or you along with anyone who is a Christian does not know his purpose according to God.

You must have had a reason for posting all that you posted, but I did not see it. Perhaps I missed it.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The up-and-coming-in-rank Luciferians are dangerous. They know the pro-critical Greek Text arguments well and spend untold hours on the Bible Version forums trying to convince Christians that the modern versions are all the word of God but the King James Bible is definitely not to be trusted.
So then back when the KJV was the primary, or even the only English version available, it would seem that people would have been lost simply because they had no trustworthy Bible. God would be according to that a pretty limited God, wouldn't He?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He isn't.
Indeed, the only limitations of God are those that He has imposed on Himself and/or according I would guess because of what He is and what He is not.

One limitation God has put on Himself is likely found in His allowing people to decide for themselves whether to follow Him or not. If they decide to follow Him and ask for help of course then He will intervene... but they opened the door. Otherwise by choosing their own ways they get just what is allowed by their choice. People seldom have a clue as to what they really may get as a result... but of course they often think they are getting what they want. So it was with the Israelites who chose to have a king over them like the other people all around them.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
OK, then you have said that if you singular [ @verzanumi24 ] are a "Christian" you also "have no clue as to what [your] purpose is". Have I understood you correctly? Either you are not a Christian or you along with anyone who is a Christian does not know his purpose according to God.

You must have had a reason for posting all that you posted, but I did not see it. Perhaps I missed it.

I'm not a christian. I don't defined myself bassed on a name that pagans came up with. Who I am is bassed on what Jesus said. But my statment about christians was not meant to insult, but is bassed on the truth. If christians trully understood their purpose it would change their life completly. There is enough revelation in the Bible for us to know what God's plan is.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a christian. I don't defined myself bassed on a name that pagans came up with. Who I am is bassed on what Jesus said. But my statment about christians was not meant to insult, but is bassed on the truth. If christians trully understood their purpose it would change their life completly. There is enough revelation in the Bible for us to know what God's plan is.
Well it sounds to me like you may be striving to follow Jesus without regard to any label.

Do you know or do you believe you know the purpose of a Christian according to whatever you believe a Christian is? If you do, do you also have scriptures which support or explain your belief on this? Would you mind sharing your view on these things?

Christians, or those bearing that label, for the most part as I see it, know very little because their position is so often based on someone else's belief or declaration rather than as a result of their own communication with God.