Assurance of salvation:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Perhaps not many, but what can we do to change that? All we can do is our part, which is small enough, but did not Jesus take 5 loaves and two small fishes and multiply them to feed a multitude?

What is our part? That is where we need to be and where we need to work... in our part.

How about teaching them? That's one of the responsibilites of the church. That is what Jesus commaned His people to do.

Matthew 28:18-20 (ASV)
18 And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:
20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

And one of the things Jesus commaned was to preach the kingdom of God.

Luke 9:60 (KJV)
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Yes, to feed on God's Word, but without the Holy Spirit the written words are dead. The Book is not filled with the Holy Ghost. People are filled with the Holy Ghost.

Jesus is Life! Books, even Bibles are also dead, but like Jesus dead on the cross they have potential which can be quickened by the Holy Ghost in a person.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

But the scripture is dead without the Holy Spirit. Why do you suppose an atheist who really is an atheist can read the scripture with the wrong spirit to use it against inexperienced and ignorant believers without being converted themselves? They don't have the Holy Ghost in them.

But even newly born in the Spirit person who stands against such an atheist in the Holy Spirit of God will not be defeated.
Like I have said before, that stament is not Bibical.

Jesus said His words are life
John 6:63 (ASV)
63 It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, are life.

This same Jesus is the God who inspired the Old Testament.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about teaching them? That's one of the responsibilites of the church. That is what Jesus commaned His people to do.

Matthew 28:18-20 (ASV)
18 And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:
20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

And one of the things Jesus commaned was to preach the kingdom of God.

Luke 9:60 (KJV)
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
What you will find out there in many of these churches is that they will not allow you to come in and teach their people in their building without their permission. They do effectively practice as well as teach the quenching of the Holy Spirit of God and any other thing that is not that which they approve.

But, we must what we can where we can. Here on Christian forums is one place, but as you certainly have seen resistance can be at times quite stiff.

Jesus came without sin and with all of the Truth and with the Life and yet...he was rejected by many and crucified. Today the law may protect your physical life, but how will you alone, or you and I, or we and a few others, reach the whole world of men with God's message? Only with the help of God. Can He do it? Did the walls of Jericho fall down? For this reason we must follow His lead. He will show us how to bring down the walls of Jericho...

Reactions: pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I have said before, that stament is not Bibical.

Jesus said His words are life
John 6:63 (ASV)
63 It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, are life.

This same Jesus is the God who inspired the Old Testament.
Yes, they were spoken and they were "Spirit" and the were "Life".

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

It does not say the Word was made written scripture. My words are not going to convince you. I'll leave that between you and God.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
What you will find out there in many of these churches is that they will not allow you to come in and teach their people in their building without their permission. They do effectively practice as well as teach the quenching of the Holy Spirit of God and any other thing that is not that which they approve.

But, we must what we can where we can. Here on Christian forums is one place, but as you certainly have seen resistance can be at times quite stiff.

Jesus came without sin and with all of the Truth and with the Life and yet...he was rejected by many and crucified. Today the law may protect your physical life, but how will you alone, or you and I, or we and a few others, reach the whole world of men with God's message? Only with the help of God. Can He do it? Did the walls of Jericho fall down? For this reason we must follow His lead. He will show us how to bring down the walls of Jericho...

One does not have to go into the church.....one can create a blog or a website and preach and teach from there. I'm even doing it on this forum. What the reader does with it is in their hands, I have done my part.

Reactions: amadeus

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Yes, they were spoken and they were "Spirit" and the were "Life".

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

It does not say the Word was made written scripture. My words are not going to convince you. I'll leave that between you and God.
Were??? Where did you get were from? You are contradicting what Jesus said. You are in effect saying that Jesus is wrong.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It does not say the Word was made written scripture
Amen ! Truly, without The Holy Spirit, all people can do is 'parrot' what they read, in whatever translation they choose ( as they are all different, even in meaning)....He is The Living Word, not a dead one....:)

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You should in any case speak, if you can, in a language that people understand.
there is a...black hole, an absence of evidence where evidence should be, and not only that, a steady stream of...inconsistencies, deliberate, such as that one @ "forsaken," which tbh i have never followed that one out, but they all, slowly, lead to a conclusion.

but it is like trying to show someone air lol

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
of course what matters to you is "is there any fruit?"
and imo if you already get the implications of
"No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man,"
then this part will eventually cross your radar anyway

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is a...black hole, an absence of evidence where evidence should be, and not only that, a steady stream of...inconsistencies, deliberate, such as that one @ "forsaken," which tbh i have never followed that one out, but they all, slowly, lead to a conclusion.

but it is like trying to show someone air lol
What too many people do who do believe in some measure is read and study the scriptures looking for support for what they already believe instead of seeking whatever truth God would like to show them... even if it happens to against what they already hold sacred.

People don't want to change and they decide for themselves that they are right and need nothing changed and need nothing else... not even from God. This comes back to the "lowest room" verse I have been talking about of late.

We are all of us supposed to be growing until out time is up... or at least that is what I believe. Did not Jesus grow? When did he stop growing?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course what matters to you is "is there any fruit?"
and imo if you already get the implications of
"No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man,"
then this part will eventually cross your radar anyway
Yes, "is there any fruit"? And what fruit are we to see? Who can see the fruit, the good fruit, without "eyes to see". So then to recognize it we must see and perhaps smell. Ah but then should we not also be able to taste it? If we were to pick up a really rotten apple in absolute darkness and bite into it, would not our taste buds tell us there was a problem?

Jesus who was in all three of the three heavens could see and hear and smell and taste and touch the fruit... Did he weep because so many who could not perceive had no real desire to change their lack of perception? Does moving from one heaven to a higher heaven occur because of our improve perception or does our improve perception occur because we move to a higher heaven?

Am I getting close to your meaning?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not without guidance of the Holy Spirit.
If you'r not guided by the Spirit you are just reading a book.

Neither did Amadeus.
Read his post.

AMEN!!
I don't feel like I have to post anymore...people say it for me..and say it better than I would have done.

So I go through the Threads giving "likes" or amen's... can't find anything to post that wouldn't just repeat what someone else just said LOL

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
You post what you accept as being written in stone....Have you heard Him say any of these things to you ?

From your statment, I take it that you are an atheist or at least an agnostic. Only someone like that would have personal doubts about the Bible. But that's your issue....I can't and have no intention of convincing you otherwise.