Babbling Against Speaking in Tongues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not every body can pray in tongues but there a lot of us who can so whether you believe in it or not it's a fact. Unless of course you are dismissing our personal experiences.
I am not dismissing your personal experience Pearl.

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't limit God. False accusation.
Does anyone Not limit God?

If a person is wrong in any part of his belief in God and God's Way and supports that error, is that person not limiting God in his own walk with God? Consider:

"Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief:" Matt 17:19-20

Whose doctrines and beliefs in God and God's Way are absolutely right in every point? I certainly do not claim that about myself.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody who dismisses the gifts of the spirit in modern day is quenching the Holy Spirit.
Pearl I already said I do not dismiss your personal experience, I’m sorry if that’s what my post suggested.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pearl I already said I do not dismiss your personal experience, I’m sorry if that’s what my post suggested.
Okay, sorry. The comment wasn't aimed at you, more of a general comment.
Shall I delete it?

Reactions: JohnPaul

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you give an example of this? Even when a non-Christian performed healing miracles Jesus said to leave him alone.
For example, I've been to Pentecostal churches where "speaking in tongues" happens in the presence of others and nothing is translated. I've also witnessed where the "tongues" went on literally for 10 minutes and the "interpreter" stated that all that was said was "God loves you."

It's nonsense.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul's command to "pray in the Spirit" is fulfilled by striving to speak in tongues.
So when Christ and the apostles prayed in Aramaic, they were not praying "in the Spirit" according to your specious argument. And when Christians pray in their native tongues, they are not praying "in the Spirit". Balderdash!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babbling Against Speaking in Tongues
OP ^

Seems the OP is a presumption, that everyone is in agreement of what....babbling means and tongues means.

Tongues to me simply means using your tongue to form sounds, and those sounds are of a specific language the individual knows and understands.

Babbling to me simply means using your tongue to make sounds a listener does not know or understand what the sounds mean.

I am familiar with and know and understand the specific language English.
An other person speaking, French, Russian, Chinese, for example, is but babbling to my ears, that I neither know or understand.

OP...What do you mean Babbling Against Speaking in Tongues?
People are speaking that which you do NOT Understand, Against a Language You DO understand?

@Berserk ?

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when Christ and the apostles prayed in Aramaic, they were not praying "in the Spirit" according to your specious argument. And when Christians pray in their native tongues, they are not praying "in the Spirit". Balderdash!
Exactly! How is everything in the spirit being done normally, except when it comes to praying? That makes no exegetical sense.