Banned from ChristianForums (CF)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gee Willie-kers, I can't imagine what that's like.
:rolleyes:
Just tonight, I had a talk with one of their mods, Steve-S. He admitted they simply responded to "reports" by punishing the person (me) who was reported on, because they did not have time to check out anything about the other posts leading up to the person reporting me for disagreeing with them.
He said I should beat them to the punch and "report" them first if I wanted to keep him from banning me from certain threads.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just tonight, I had a talk with one of their mods, Steve-S. He admitted they simply responded to "reports" by punishing the person (me) who was reported on, because they did not have time to check out anything about the other posts leading up to the person reporting me for disagreeing with them.
He said I should beat them to the punch and "report" them first if I wanted to keep him from banning me from certain threads.

Really? Wow....what a plan........
default_dry.png
So they got all the time in the world to ban people at will but not actually check the accusers. They don't deserve the title "moderator" that's for sure.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we should be careful not to make this a gossip thread...it isn't something I feel God would want us to be doing...

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's because the report system doesn't work.
I think we should be careful not to make this a gossip thread...it isn't something I feel God would want us to be doing...
When you have all the buttons, there is no accountability. My thread, "Unwritten Amendments to the Denomination Rule" got deleted. And I got a rule violation notice. I think we have a responsibility to voice our concerns and opinions when the m******s are selective as to which rules they can ignore, and it's always at the expense of Catholics. THBE posts numerous videos that are so hideous, they would scare children. That monster phoneman should have been banned years ago. But no, the JW's and the SDA have rule immunity. Expect more of them.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Think about that.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is a squeaky wheel reaction. When I worked for Uncle Sam the powers that be usually took the same road by responded to first to the ones that squeaked the loudest and most often. It always bothered me, but they do what they do. Should we all squeak on purpose to please God? Maybe we should consider the way the centurion in Luke 7:1-10 approached Jesus.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes and no, Mayflower. It shouldn't be just for the sake of gossip, but I feel it pays to know how sites are run. If they are not being run responsibly, then it effects the way we need to respond as members in these communities, and it is good to keep one another informed.

This in my opinion is just pitiful. I often suspected this at CF. It means that those who are constantly attacking others will get away with it all day long unless you want to be a little tattle tale and report them every time they do it, which I find extremely distasteful as it reduces me to the level of appearing as if I can't handle my own business. But when they get humiliated and embarrassed, they have no problems themselves about going and crying to mommy. And then mommy comes and takes their side and "punishes" you without having even so much as taken a moment to actually examine what was causing the problem to begin with. That's irresponsible parenting in the spiritual sense, and I can't believe he would admit it to you. At least he was open enough to tell you the truth, and the truth is in this case a HUGE problem. No wonder there's such a contentious spirit over there, and why I don't feel much leading to ever visit. I'm not saying it disrespectfully. I wish them well. But this explains things, and NOT in a good way.

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you have all the buttons, there is no accountability. My thread, "Unwritten Amendments to the Denomination Rule" got deleted. And I got a rule violation notice. I think we have a responsibility to voice our concerns and opinions when the m******s are selective as to which rules they can ignore, and it's always at the expense of Catholics. THBE posts numerous videos that are so hideous, they would scare children. That monster phoneman should have been banned years ago. But no, the JW's and the SDA have rule immunity. Expect more of them.

I don't know what has transpired in the past, so take this in light of it, but while I think this place is run much, much better than others and is destined to be a safe-haven from the things that are going to plague other Christian sites, I do agree with the later half of your post. THBE has been nothing but divisive since virtually the day he started posting, and deceitfully so. That thread on necromancy was a veiled attack, yet they were too cowardly to admit it and continue to be about many things to this moment. I wouldn't have thought I would use a word like that on a Christian forum, but in their case it is absolutely necessary as there is no other good word for it. But they are clever enough to be sneaky in their cowardice, so it goes under the radar.

Again, I don't know the whole history, but from what I have seen since being here I am in defense of the stands you have had to take. I've seen others whom I thought were on too much of a vendetta and had taken an "us against the world" approach unnecessarily. But I'm now seeing what they were and are up against, and having seen it first hand, I understand it better now.

Blessings in Christ.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some sites tolerate silly puppies that nip and bark... other sites defend and back rabid dogs that only understand attacking. "WorthyChristian" is of the latter group.

Having been a member and visited some, I am tempted to agree. Maybe this is why the Spirit of God had me jump down Yowm's throat the last time I was there. He sets the tone and the example by being the primary poster and contributor, and he usually has really good things to say and good sound advice for people. But he entertains a critical spirit as well, which then runs rampant among the rest of the membership. Taking exception to my post by misreading it when I was actually in agreement with him and the OP was symptomatic of this, so I pounded him relentlessly over it for like a full page, exposing the hyper-critical spirit he and others there appear to walk in most of the time.

Hopefully the Lord doesn't use me to do that anymore (or they may ban me, LoL), but if that's the only thing they respect, that's the only thing they will get.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
CARM is the worst I've seen. It's a snake pit. I have an account there but stopped going over a year ago. I have a thread exposing Matt Slick's lies, but it got locked. Go figure...

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If enough people have it in for you over there they will eventually get you. My problem is that I am no big fan of the church denomination.
Christian forums are a business.
Treat them as such and you'll have a better understanding of what is expected of you.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You apparently have not read all of my posts on even this forum. I hold or at least lean toward some quite unorthodox beliefs according the mainstream Christianity. When I simply consider "out loud" my thoughts on the Bride of Christ as opposed to the Church, the trinity, the devil, hell, eternal torment, heaven and probably a few others, someone who only listens to and only follows what some man in a supposedly righteous position has taught him would come down hard on me... Is the truth black and white or is what God says it is? Where is the truth written? Who is able to understand the writing and how? Etcetera?

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13

As Pontius Pilate put it: What is truth?
Now that's philosophical.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As with most sites, they are biased in some ways, and you do not survive long anywhere by bucking City Hall.
CARM is the worst I've seen. It's a snake pit. I have an account there but stopped going over a year ago. I have a thread exposing Matt Slick's lies, but it got locked. Go figure...

What is the focus of the site? (apparent purpose, and theological bent)

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because the report system doesn't work.

There's only one JW that I know of on this site and that is Barney, and he has never posted any derogatory remarks against any fellow forum member in fact he has been a model member of this forum, polite and understanding towards the views of others. Yet there are many main-line believers (both Protestant and Catholic) on this forum who should be ashamed at times to even call themselves Christians, true followers of the Lord. There’s a fine line between standing up for your beliefs and stepping all over another brother or sisters beliefs.

As for the SDA’s I haven’t seen any real trouble makers, for the most part they just appear to be staunch defenders in what they perceive to be the truth, this is after all a Christian forum and all who profess faith in Christ as their savior should be able to express their views and beliefs without any prejudice or personal attacks upon their faith.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for the SDA’s I haven’t seen any real trouble makers

With all due respect, Harvest, if you haven't seen this then you haven't been paying much attention. SDA theology is inherently trouble-making. It is divisive on a scale where I don't think anything really compares to it. Certainly they are "defenders of what they believe," but what they believe teaches people that Sunday worship will eventually be a one-way ticket to Hell. Do you sympathize with this belief? This would be the only way I could see you arguing they are merely "expressing their views and beliefs without any prejudice or personal attacks upon [others'] faith."

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect, Harvest, if you haven't seen this then you haven't been paying much attention. SDA theology is inherently trouble-making. It is divisive on a scale where I don't think anything really compares to. Certainly they are "defenders of what they believe," but what they believe teaches people that Sunday worship will eventually be a one-way ticket to Hell. Do you sympathize with this belief? This would be the only way I could see you arguing they are merely "expressing their views and beliefs without any prejudice or personal attacks upon [others'] faith."

I don't waste time with the Sabbath issue as I am not under the law nor have I ever been, and any attempt by another to place me under the law is a waste of time. I stand in the liberty where Christ has set me free.

When I think of SDA's the teachings which first come to my mind which I disagree with are in respects to the idea of the rapture, the seven year tribulation, and a physical Antichrist all based upon erroneous interpretations of the scriptures, nevertheless they are still entitled to their beliefs. The best you can do is attempt to present the truth on these issues and then allow the sword of the spirit to do its work. Remember only the Lord can give the eye to see and the ear to hear, not everyone is in the condition at this time to be receptive of the truth, the majority will receive the truth in the next age.

Reactions: Hidden In Him