Banned from ChristianForums (CF)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best you can do is attempt to present the truth on these issues and then allow the sword of the spirit to do its work.

I think there's a chance it may eventually call for more than just this some day, but I won't elaborate.
Appreciated your post. It was well-composed.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been a member there for many years, but haven't posted anything in a very long time. If it is the one I am remembering correctly, way back when, they changed management and rules. Because I would not embrace their new "statement of faith" they demoted me to a non-Christian. It limited where and what I could post. I looked for new places to visit online.
Oh hmmm.. is CF for Protestants only? I am wondering if that is a site I subscribed to a little while back. I have gone there maybe 5 or 6 times. Lot's of stringency there and, I did not care much for the spirit among many of the posters...I like it here...was like coming back home after a very short, albeit bad trip! Lol.

Reactions: Helen

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh hmmm.. is CF for Protestants only? I am wondering if that is a site I subscribed to a little while back. I have gone there maybe 5 or 6 times. Lot's of stringency there and, I did not care much for the spirit among many of the posters...I like it here...was like coming back home after a very short, albeit bad trip! Lol.
Yes, one of the three CF's (ChristianForums. ORG) plainly advertises that they are a "Protestant Only" forum. They make no bones about it, and state, exactly, some of the other denominations they want to STAY AWAY.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean denominations.

And pretty much everything under the sun. But yes, very denominational. Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Messianics, Baptists, Anglicans, Pentecostals, everybody is fairly well represented there. But also Muslims, Pagans, Satanists... and a LOT of atheists, LoL.

Reactions: Nancy and Enoch111

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, one of the three CF's (ChristianForums. ORG) plainly advertises that they are a "Protestant Only" forum. They make no bones about it, and state, exactly, some of the other denominations they want to STAY AWAY.

So is there any less arguing and bad spirit there?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestants only and for most of the sub forums they must meet their definition [agree with their statement of faith] of Christian. They have a special sub forum for unorthodox theology where second class members [non-Christian as per their definition] such as myself may participate but few of the very large number of members ever enter that place. No Catholics allowed...

Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestants only and for most of the sub forums they must meet their definition [agree with their statement of faith] of Christian. They have a special sub forum for unorthodox theology where second class members [non-Christian as per their definition] such as myself may participate but few of the very large number of members ever enter that place. No Catholics allowed...

This is the one trend I actually like at CF. They have been wardening off various sections. The latest is a Catholic only forum. I think it's wise. It gives people of various faiths the ability to fellowship without being harassed.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the one trend I actually like at CF. They have been wardening off various sections. The latest is a Catholic only forum. I think it's wise. It gives people of various faiths the ability to fellowship without being harassed.
I guess it depends upon what a person wants and more importantly what God has called him to do. We don't always get to choose that which we in our flesh like the best.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there's a chance it may eventually call for more than just this some day, but I won't elaborate.
Appreciated your post. It was well-composed.

I’m not sure you’re referring directly to this forum or not.

But as to the world in general, more specifically the professing world,

The morning cometh (the dawn of the new dispensation), and also (or first) the night (a night of clouds and thick darkness)…” Isa 21:1

Or as our Lord so admonishes (John 9:4) we must labor (in the truth) while it is called day, knowing that a night cometh wherein no man can work.

This can be taken in several different ways:

1) We can take this literally as the majority is app to do implying that soon the great time of trouble will be upon us and all commerce and thus work will cease, most certainly a distinctive possibility.

2) Work “while it is day”, that is while you are alive, for the “night is coming” that is death wherein “no man can work” (Compare Eccl 9:10) This of course applying to everyone with the exception of the very elect for, “Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord henceforth yes says the Spirit that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them (that is to say the work in which they were previously engaged on this side of the Vail shall continue without interruption or hindrance even once they have passed beyond the Vail to the other side).” Rev 14:13

3) Lastly, “the night cometh when no man can work”, that is no true man of God (the fully consecrated) can work (i.e. preach, teach, discuss the truth).

“Thus the door of opportunity to engage, with Christ our Lord, in the work of the Gospel age, will be closed when "the night cometh wherein no man can work." And all who have not previously by faithful service, developed the necessary character and proved their sympathy, devotion, love and zeal for the Lord and his truth (Matt. 10:37; Mark 8:38), will then be too late to do so. As represented in the parable of the “Wise and Foolish Virgins”, they will thus be proved to be "foolish virgins," for letting slip the great and glorious opportunity to suffer with and on behalf of him with whom they would gladly reign.

By that time, the full number predesignated by God to constitute and complete the Church will have been called, chosen, and by trial proved faithful--"copies of the likeness of his Son." (Rom. 8:29) The harvest will be past, the summer time of favor ended, and only the burning of the tares will remain, to clear the field (the world of mankind) and to prepare it fully for the much more extensive sowing of the millennial age.

The closing in of this night will evidently put a stop to any further labor to disseminate the truth, which, misunderstood by the public generally, will probably be accused of being the cause of much of the anarchy and confusion then prevailing, instead of being seen in its true light as a foreshadowing of the divine mind and revelation concerning coming troubles of the world and their true causes. Nor should we expect that the coming of night and the closing of the door will be sudden, but rather that it will be a gradual obstructing and closing down of the harvest work.”

Their accusers of course being orthodoxy, the nominally professing church at which they are in variance as to what is truth. And so as Jezebel got Ahab to do her dirty work so too the church nominal will enlist the government to do its dirty work.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We belong to God, and anyone who knows God listens to us
PdwroHY.jpg

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We belong to God, and anyone who knows God listens to us, while anyone who does not belong to God refuses to hear us. This is how we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of deceit.

Pax!
wadr it's not too hard to figure out what is really being said there dialectically i guess? But i'm not sure how to even make the point here...at least not any better than the meme does

ah, "we" might contrast the passage with
he who says he knows anything does not yet know
i guess, but i'm not sure if that makes it any clearer that John is speaking strictly to a certain pov?
(i'm not sure i should even be trying to point this out to logical thinkers tbh)

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As long as you are not on their moderators' hit list, you can argue all you want.

I guess that I was just wondering if the lack of Catholic V Protestants = less arguments. Because the argumentative boards here seem to be about those C v P arguments. I just wondered if were more pleasant there...or, as I believe, people often argue just for the sake of it!! ( whatever the denomination) :D

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that I was just wondering if the lack of Catholic V Protestants = less arguments. Because the argumentative boards here seem to be about those C v P arguments. I just wondered if were more pleasant there...or, as I believe, people often argue just for the sake of it!! ( whatever the denomination) :D

That is the reason I searched out this board Helen, lol...the board is full of an "ism" that I am so not a proponent of. Head moderator is quite the proponent of this "ism"...u know what I mean I am sure, don't want to get this thread derailed, lol. And, there are def many arguments and barbs tossed around there as well...like I said earlier...coming back to this forum, in quick order, lol- was like coming home ♥

BTW-how are you feeling today??

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Willie T

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! So you found a place to post your favourite pic. ( which I hate)
I was hoping that it no longer worked because of the software change. :D

Why do you hate it? And, how are you feeling today?