Banned from ChristianForums (CF)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We belong to God, and anyone who knows God listens to us, while anyone who does not belong to God refuses to hear us. This is how we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of deceit.

Pax!
This is how it really should be and so long as everyone is putting God first, it is. All of us at times miss on this, some more than others. Give God the glory!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Software change? Is that why I can't post pics anymore?

We think it must be. Hardly anyone can post pictures now.
Triumph1300 still has a way...but I think it is a 'long way round'

I don't do many...when I do I "drag and drop".
I think there must have been a software update...which change that for the pictures.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, that is another good clue i guess. Of course Hitler used the same justifications, just like those in the meme
How things should be for everyone to be right? Yes, if wishes were horses then beggars surely would have ridden. Nearly everyone here will agree that there is a better way, but on the details of that way, very few if any are likely to coincide.

How many of us here if we were born in the 1920's or 1930's would followed Hitler to the end of Nazi Germany?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We think it must be. Hardly anyone can post pictures now.
Triumph1300 still has a way...but I think it is a 'long way round'

I don't do many...when I do I "drag and drop".
I think there must have been a software update...which change that for the pictures.

Somebody should post a thread question, or ask Forrest. I miss posting pictures. :)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my favorite. What was hard about posting this? It is there, you just can't see it.
god-has-a-sense-of-humor-jesus-laughing.jpg

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my favorite. What was hard about posting this?
god-has-a-sense-of-humor-jesus-laughing.jpg

I Like a happy Jesus! :)

Willie, does that picture show up for you in your post? Because the only way I see it is if I go to quote it and it shows up in the quote. In your post it's just a small blue box with an X in it.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is my favorite. What was hard about posting this? It is there, you just can't see it.

Haha!! Good one Willie...yes, it is there...but once posted we can't see it!:D

Maybe The Lord is trying to teach us a spiritual lesson here.
" Moses endured, as seeing Him who is invisible. "

Reactions: Willie T

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
How things should be for everyone to be right? Yes, if wishes were horses then beggars surely would have ridden. Nearly everyone here will agree that there is a better way, but on the details of that way, very few if any are likely to coincide.

How many of us here if we were born in the 1920's or 1930's would followed Hitler to the end of Nazi Germany?
hmm, i guess i'm missing your point there A. So you might spoon feed me that one, and meanwhile hopefully the point was made that...John, i think this is, in the Quote below? Is being misunderstood. John is almost surely lying to believers on purpose with the two statements below, bc he knew how they would be interpreted.

John is figuratively telling little kids to "stay here for the present" with the following sentences, even though they are both true in a sense.

We belong to God, and anyone who knows God listens to us, while anyone who does not belong to God refuses to hear us. This is how we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of deceit.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, i guess i'm missing your point there A. So you might spoon feed me that one, and meanwhile hopefully the point was made that...John, i think this is, in the Quote below? Is being misunderstood. John is almost surely lying to believers on purpose with the two statements below, bc he knew how they would be interpreted.

John is figuratively telling little kids to "stay here for the present" with the following sentences, even though they are both true in a sense.

Just, I believe another communication problem. I will try to clarify:

Some people insist that they know God better than they probably do. I would say that this is likely true of all us to some extent. Remember how we are to come to Him... as a little child, but what does that mean?

If we were born in the early 1930's in Germany while we were still very young we might not be much different than some American child for a while. But when we became a part of the Hitler Youth, how likely is it that our attitudes toward non- Arians [According to Nazi definitions and teachings] change? Even our parents acting wrong according to our newly acquired point of view might have become our enemies. No more as a little child... unless something got hold of us, I guess.

A little child is a very trusting person until he has learned by whatever means not to be. Early on that little child will always trust mama and perhaps daddy, but how long will that same child remain so absolutely trusting? What specific things will cause him to change?

Then we come to the person who meets God for the first time and he is changed, is it not probably because he came to Him even as that little child would have come to his mama before there was any distrust in him.
In the flesh we normally grow and become individuals, individuals yes, but formed by what has been happening around us and to us. It may not be a very good individual according to anyone but ourselves.

As to belonging to God, I guess that all of us do, but we are given the reins to direct ourselves, right or wrong. Probably is it not unusual for it to be very wrong in the eyes of God, even if we don't understand...

The understanding as God understands will come to us or increase in us if an when we work with Him. People will say that Holy Ghost makes a difference and I believe that they are right. The problem is that as I believe it, not everyone who says they have the Holy Ghost in them does. Even among those that really do, the Holy Ghost will not overrule their decisions. We must surrender and continue surrendering to God so that the Holy Ghost can lead us and teach us the right way, God's way.

I am not sure I covered your questions or lack of understanding of what I meant. Let me know if I missed entirely.

A_Man

Nov 8, 2019
Atlanta area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, I am new hear. I just signed up after looking up Christian forums and I saw this thread.

I used to be active on Christian forums. Many years ago, there were a few threads on wives submitting to husbands on the marriage forum. Moderators added a rule of no discussing submission in the forum. The result was that left-wing views prevailed, giving people advice while a Biblical perspective on submission was allowed. I recall there was a very 'sassy' wife on there who did not think much of submission who would give her advice. There was also the issue of the quality of advice given by various posters, inculding a woman who had cheated on her first husband and married the second. There were also individuals who had gone through serial divorces and remarriages who held to a twisted interpretation that Jesus was just forbidding divorces without a certificate. It seemed like there were a few posters giving sound Biblical advice. I would also participate in some of the faith group forums there, too, and did not have as many problems.

I had been away for a while, and thought about using the site. I had to agree to new rules to do it. I stopped at this rule, "Personal Prophecy (prophetic utterance) will be considered off-topic to all site forums."

Typically, I think of prophesying as it shows up in many cases in scripture where one gives a first-person message from God. Peter called David a prophet and some of his prophetic Psalms, even Messianic Psalms aren't in the 'Thus saith the Lord', first person format. I see in the Bible that Caiaphas prophesied that one Man would die for the people. He probably didn't know he was prophesying. From Peter, I learned that prophesying is speaking as carried along by the Holy Ghost. That's what was happening to the Old Testament prophets.

So it is possible to speak under the leading of the Spirit without knowing it, and if I knew the Spirit prompted me to speak, I should speak, right? If the Holy Spirit moves me to give some advice or share a scripture with a poster, I should do so, right? If the post is personal in nature, I should do it right?

And what about Reformed people who define prophesying as faithfully preaching the word. If someone faithfully gives personal advice from the Bible, wouldn't they count that as prophesying? How can those who hold to this definition of prophesying agree to the rules?

I cannot give their site feedback without agreeing to their rules.

In I Corinthians 14 Paul passes on 'commandments of the Lord' for church which include 'Let the prophets speak' and 'For ye may all prophesy.' Later, he says, "Covet to prophesy...." Paul writes in I Thessalonians, "Despise not prophesyings..." What right do we have to tell people not to speak if the Holy Spirit moves them to speak? Why would carnal advice be okay, but not advice given at the leading of the Spirit?

The OP complained of being booted for, among other things, engaging in an exorcism. That is against the rules, too. I wonder if the OP agreed to the rules without reading or forgot. I probably take T&C more seriously than a lot of people. I think the long T&Cs are leading to a dishonest culture where people agree without reading, which further motivates the lawyers to add more and more pages because there is no pushback from the public. If we actually read our contracts, a lot of sites and products would not be worth using because of the amount of time we would have to spend reading. I turn down some websites because of T&Cs. I have made financial services decisions based on the same thing. If enough people tell sales people or send emails saying, "I choose not to use your services because your contract is too long" or too unreasonable, then management might reign in the lawyers.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been accused of four things on CF....

1. Prayer - I was accused of excorcising spirits back when I used to pray for people.
2. End Times -I was accused of date picking when going along with Isaac Newton
3. Problems - I was accused of contempt of Christianity for bringing up problems in the church
4. Politics - I inserted a Pat Robertson video supported Donald Trump and was warned about that.

Three strikes on CF and your out! They could have got me before the fourth one. I told them that I had too many people against me over there and was not going to fight it.

You do know that this forum, CB, is run by the same people, right? But I don't see silly moderating here like I did there.

I got off CF (not banned) because a certain mod seemed to have my number. I spent a year on there mostly on the prayer wall praying for and encouraging people, but that didn't matter. All I can say is, be nice to the atheists on that forum, lol! Freedom of speech is completely ignored, which I think is a dangerous thing for Christians to do.

Having said all of that, I don't envy the moderators' and admins' jobs. It's got to be very difficult to maintain order on such as huge forum. I'm sure that I would get fed up with people's shenanigans after a while, and I probably wouldn't do any better. So, Lord bless those in charge and give them wisdom!

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Having said all of that, I don't envy the moderators' and admins' jobs. It's got to be very difficult to maintain order on such as huge forum. I'm sure that I would get fed up with people's shenanigans after a while, and I probably wouldn't do any better. So, Lord bless those in charge and give them wisdom!
It must be a hard job, yes...

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, I am new hear. I just signed up after looking up Christian forums and I saw this thread.

I used to be active on Christian forums. Many years ago, there were a few threads on wives submitting to husbands on the marriage forum. Moderators added a rule of no discussing submission in the forum. The result was that left-wing views prevailed, giving people advice while a Biblical perspective on submission was allowed. I recall there was a very 'sassy' wife on there who did not think much of submission who would give her advice. There was also the issue of the quality of advice given by various posters, inculding a woman who had cheated on her first husband and married the second. There were also individuals who had gone through serial divorces and remarriages who held to a twisted interpretation that Jesus was just forbidding divorces without a certificate. It seemed like there were a few posters giving sound Biblical advice. I would also participate in some of the faith group forums there, too, and did not have as many problems.

I had been away for a while, and thought about using the site. I had to agree to new rules to do it. I stopped at this rule, "Personal Prophecy (prophetic utterance) will be considered off-topic to all site forums."

Typically, I think of prophesying as it shows up in many cases in scripture where one gives a first-person message from God. Peter called David a prophet and some of his prophetic Psalms, even Messianic Psalms aren't in the 'Thus saith the Lord', first person format. I see in the Bible that Caiaphas prophesied that one Man would die for the people. He probably didn't know he was prophesying. From Peter, I learned that prophesying is speaking as carried along by the Holy Ghost. That's what was happening to the Old Testament prophets.

So it is possible to speak under the leading of the Spirit without knowing it, and if I knew the Spirit prompted me to speak, I should speak, right? If the Holy Spirit moves me to give some advice or share a scripture with a poster, I should do so, right? If the post is personal in nature, I should do it right?

And what about Reformed people who define prophesying as faithfully preaching the word. If someone faithfully gives personal advice from the Bible, wouldn't they count that as prophesying? How can those who hold to this definition of prophesying agree to the rules?

I cannot give their site feedback without agreeing to their rules.

In I Corinthians 14 Paul passes on 'commandments of the Lord' for church which include 'Let the prophets speak' and 'For ye may all prophesy.' Later, he says, "Covet to prophesy...." Paul writes in I Thessalonians, "Despise not prophesyings..." What right do we have to tell people not to speak if the Holy Spirit moves them to speak? Why would carnal advice be okay, but not advice given at the leading of the Spirit?

The OP complained of being booted for, among other things, engaging in an exorcism. That is against the rules, too. I wonder if the OP agreed to the rules without reading or forgot. I probably take T&C more seriously than a lot of people. I think the long T&Cs are leading to a dishonest culture where people agree without reading, which further motivates the lawyers to add more and more pages because there is no pushback from the public. If we actually read our contracts, a lot of sites and products would not be worth using because of the amount of time we would have to spend reading. I turn down some websites because of T&Cs. I have made financial services decisions based on the same thing. If enough people tell sales people or send emails saying, "I choose not to use your services because your contract is too long" or too unreasonable, then management might reign in the lawyers.

Concerning exorcism, CF had a segment of the forum devoted to the mentally disabled, and I think there were instances of spiritual abuse in the name of casting out demons so they established the rule. But it still went on in private.

No idea what the policy is here on prophetic utterance. You should address @lforrest on it. Not a thing to toy with, however, so best to make sure you truly are hearing from God before engaging in any of that here. If you walk in the real thing, you will eventually encounter some opposition from the Cessationists (we do have a few), and if you do not, you will encounter much stronger opposition from the Continuationists, who will take serious exception to the real gift being misrepresented.

Just a fair warning,
Blessings in Christ, and welcome to ChristianityBoard.
Hidden