Baptism question that seems unbiblical

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to want to end the conversation - NOT because there is no "edification" - but because you got caught with your historical pants down.
Again - don't make these kinds of false claims about history unless you can back them up - with HISTORY.
Call it what you like. The fact of the matter is that you do not discuss. You lecture never allowing for the possibility that you and/or your church may be error. Until you admit that possibility, you cannot grow. Until you are able to grow you are likely to stagnate.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call it what you like. The fact of the matter is that you do not discuss. You lecture never allowing for the possibility that you and/or your church may be error. Until you admit that possibility, you cannot grow. Until you are able to grow you are likely to stagnate.
An until YOU are willing to have a completely honest discussion, you will be exposed for lying.

Once again, Amadeus - YOU made a false statement about history and now you're frantically trying to transfer the blame on me.
Ben honest, for a change . . .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An until YOU are willing to have a completely honest discussion, you will be exposed for lying.

Once again, Amadeus - YOU made a false statement about history and now you're frantically trying to transfer the blame on me.
Ben honest, for a change . . .
I don't believe my statement was false, but you'll never accept that in your present delusion. In the things of God I really always try to take the blame when it is mine. That happens when I am not in Him. I have never seen you do that because I have never seen you in Him.
Yes, you've certainly been very wrong on multiple occasions.
No, I won't point them out to you, because when anyone has ever done that you have always denied it or shifted the blame to someone else.
You remind me of King Saul. Unlike the King Saul of old however, from what I know and from what I have seen, you have never been God's anointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In other words, my historically-bankrupt friend - you don't have a clue . . .
I asked you flat-out to tell me which Church today is older than the Catholic Church - and you failed.

Good job . . .
No waht waas it written

Mat_7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

spelling mistakes left in for effect.

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

too many smart people in this world, some even smarter than God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe my statement was false, but you'll never accept that in your present delusion. In the things of God I really always try to take the blame when it is mine. That happens when I am not in Him. I have never seen you do that because I have never seen you in Him.
Yes, you've certainly been very wrong on multiple occasions.
No, I won't point them to you, because when anyone has ever done that you have always denied it or shifted the blame to someone else.
You remind me of King Saul. Unlike the King Saul of old however, from what I know and from what I have seen, you have never been God's anointed.
Okay, so you don't believe you made a false statement.
Then PROVE your claim:
"the reason Martin Luther and others left the formal church was because their efforts to effect correction were not just ignored. They were condemned."

You see - it's easy to call me a liar or to say that I'm "mean" or "rude".
BUT - it's a LOT harder to prove a false historical claim.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No waht waas it written
Mat_7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
spelling mistakes left in for effect.
Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Too many smart people in this world, some even smarter than God.
Another rant, instead of evidence.

Look - if you don't have the answer to my question - just admit it and move on.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another rant, instead of evidence.

Look - if you don't have the answer to my question - just admit it and move on.
oh you mean like all your rants, pot calling the kettle thingy, never seeing any life in any of your posts, thats because there is none in mens religions.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh you mean like all your rants, pot calling the kettle thingy, never seeing any life in any of your posts, thats because there is none in mens religions.
More ranting without evidence.

I'll give you another chance:
WHICH Church today is older than the Catholic Church??

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
More ranting without evidence.

I'll give you another chance:
oh you mean like the priests raping children teh murder of christians, the selling of salvation at a price, evidence written in the pages of history that you ignore because you love teh lie more than teh truth , you ears must be read raw with all that scratching,

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh you mean like the priests raping children teh murder of christians, the selling of salvation at a price, evidence written in the pages of history that you ignore because you love teh lie more than teh truth , you ears must be read raw with all that scratching,
Soooooo are you saying that you are ignorant of the answer or that you can't find the answer in history??

Oh, by the way - the Catholic Church NEVER sold salvation - ever.
That is just another anti-Catholic lie you've been spoon-fed by your online cult over at aggressivechristianity.net.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Soooooo are you saying that you are ignorant of the answer or that you can't find the answer in history??

Oh, by the way - the Catholic Church NEVER sold salvation - ever.
That is just another anti-Catholic lie you've been spoon-fed by your online cult over at aggressivechristianity.net.
Your arrognace and pride truly showing still visiting that site, must be horrible being confronted with teh truth, it truly shows in all your posts. is Jesus not teh truth are you not supposed to be free, so why are you still in prison...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your arrognace and pride truly showing still visiting that site, must be horrible being confronted with teh truth, it truly shows in all your posts. is Jesus not teh truth are you not supposed to be free, so why are you still in prison...
Sooooo, does that mean that you ARE ignorant of history - or that you simply cannot find the answer to my question??
It's a simple question - yet both YOU have completely failed to come up with an answer.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus one, the one you have no clue about, it aint yours and teh Pope doesnt own it. Just because your church is old doesnt make it right, you my friend are an example of that.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus one, the one you have no clue about, it aint yours and teh Pope doesnt own it. Just because your church is old doesnt make it right, you my friend are an example of that.
The oldest Church is the ONLY Church that Jesus and the Apostles established. The ONLY one that he said would not succumb to the gates of Hell.

YOUR online cult and all of the rest were started my mere men.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
YOUR online cult and all of the rest were started my mere men.
YEs BOL mens religions just like yours where started by men, glad your realise that, now if you would just garb the truth and not let it go, you will be free from it all.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only in your twisted view - but NOT in history.

I already presented evidence from EASTERN Patriarchs touting the Authority of the Pope from the early centuries of the Church.
I already showed you that at the Council of Chalcedon, which was in the EAST - the Fathers stated, "Peter has spoken through Leo."

This proves that the accepted Papal Authority of the Early Church was gradually rejected by the Eastern Church.
YOUR version of history exists only in your mind . . .

Says you. But then again, as I have said before, you are under the illusion that just because you say something you have proved it. That the East rejected papal authority, yes. As they should have. As the Reformers later would do.

Oh, 'Peter has spoken'. How Papal is that? Peter speaks. Not Christ. Peter. The desire of Rome to connect papal authority to Peter is shameless. Power and greed over the Church of God.

And your twisting of history exists in the desire of Rome to rule over the Catholic church.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when did this "Roman Church" arise?
Who started it? Who was its first Pope?

The Popes have been referred to ans listed as earthly heads over the Church since the 2nd century.
When did this "Roman" Church begin??

As to the start of the original Church at Rome, that Paul wrote to, no one knows who started it. But what is sure is that there was no Pope over it.

There is nothing in the Scripture to indicate any Papal or Pope authority of Rome. Even if one says (Matt. 16:17-19) pertains to Peter, there is no link to Rome or the Papacy.

The Roman Church's desire of being authoritative over all the Catholic Church grew as a cancer over the Church. This Roman takeover, or hijacking of the Church, took hundreds of years to accomplish. But even then, the people of God resisted in the Eastern Church and then in the West at the Reformation.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, so you don't believe you made a false statement.
Then PROVE your claim:
"the reason Martin Luther and others left the formal church was because their efforts to effect correction were not just ignored. They were condemned."

You see - it's easy to call me a liar or to say that I'm "mean" or "rude".
BUT - it's a LOT harder to prove a false historical claim.
Only God has the real proof and you would not accept that if I was the go-between. But... you would accept it if it was records kept by or approved by your church. I guess you don't believe in faith:

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God has the real proof and you would not accept that if I was the go-between. But... you would accept it if it was records kept by or approved by your church. I guess you don't believe in faith:

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29
Well, if I can't stop you from lying - then go ahead.
I'll just keep exposing your lies.

Your refusal to stop is astonishing for a man who claims to love Christ . . .