BAPTISM SAVES, FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you would rather I call you an "anti-Christian" or spread other lies about what you belief, please say so now.
If you would rather quit supporting my Catholic friend at Stations of the Cross and instead rebuke with "sinful heretic, come to the REAL Christ!", please say so now.
If you would rather i mock the Eucharist, please say so now.
You have already called me anti-Christian. According to your "view" what I am practicing, preaching and believing is "anti-Biblical". If your "view" is correct then I am not a Christian. According to your "view" I am a false prophet who is living, practicing and believing opposite of Christ teaching.

You have to decide if you want to quit supporting, according to your "view", a lie by attending Stations of the Cross. Not me! Do you think God will support you supporting a lie?

You have to decide if you want to mock the Eucharist. I believe it is the body of Christ and if you choose to mock Christ then you will have to talk to Him about it, not me.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer my question:

Do you want me to REPENT of respecting a faith I find to not be supported by the Bible?
Yes or no.
You never asked that question. If so, please give me the post # you asked it in.

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how do you think I should treat you (a person who I seeing as believing some non-biblical doctrines).

Should I deny your relationship with Christ?
Lie about what you believe?
Mock you?
Mock what you believe?
Refuse to support the good things about your relationship with Christ?
Shun you?

Or (my view) should I love you still? Treat you with kindness, charity, and respect. Even while hoping that you come closer to Christ and see His light.
You should practice Scripture and I have already given you MULTIPLE quotes on that.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how do you think I should treat you (a person who I seeing as believing some non-biblical doctrines).

Should I deny your relationship with Christ?
Lie about what you believe?
Mock you?
Mock what you believe?
Refuse to support the good things about your relationship with Christ?
Shun you?

Or (my view) should I love you still? Treat you with kindness, charity, and respect. Even while hoping that you come closer to Christ and see His light.
Dear, dear Jane,

You can't deny my relationship with Christ. Only I can do that by my choice. Since you have already said my beliefs are anti-Biblical does that not mean I have already denied my relationship with Christ? Therefor, there is nothing for you to deny.

You have to decide if you want to lie. It's not my decision.

You have to decide if you want to mock me. If you did it wouldn't be very loving of you. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7).

Who decides what the "good things" are about my relationship with Christ? You have already decided there are a lot of anti-Biblical things about my relationship with Christ. Who gave you the divine ability to decide what is anti-Biblical and heretical?

Only you can decide who you are going to shun.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#254.

Should I REPENT of being kind and respectful to Catholics or other groups I find to be erroneous?
Here is every single word you wrote in post #254.

Mary, I PASSIONATLY disagree with a lot of Catholic beliefs. Yes, even to the point of saying that they go against the Bible and are not Christ's way or Truth. Yes, I would LOVE it if you abandoned these parts of the Catholic faith. And I'm not going to hide that fact. But despite my very firm beliefs, I'm STILL going to respect you and what you believe, shining through with the very real charity I feel towards you. I'm going to keep doing all of these things: If you TRULY think I am wrong in showing you this charity and respect (even while so passionately disagreeing with those beliefs), please say so now. If you would rather I call you an "anti-Christian" or spread other lies about what you belief, please say so now.
If you would rather quit supporting my Catholic friend at Stations of the Cross and instead rebuke with "sinful heretic, come to the REAL Christ!", please say so now. If you would rather i mock the Eucharist, please say so now.

Show me where you asked that question. I don't see it.

Patient Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is every single word you wrote in post #254.

Mary, I PASSIONATLY disagree with a lot of Catholic beliefs. Yes, even to the point of saying that they go against the Bible and are not Christ's way or Truth. Yes, I would LOVE it if you abandoned these parts of the Catholic faith. And I'm not going to hide that fact. But despite my very firm beliefs, I'm STILL going to respect you and what you believe, shining through with the very real charity I feel towards you. I'm going to keep doing all of these things: If you TRULY think I am wrong in showing you this charity and respect (even while so passionately disagreeing with those beliefs), please say so now. If you would rather I call you an "anti-Christian" or spread other lies about what you belief, please say so now.
If you would rather quit supporting my Catholic friend at Stations of the Cross and instead rebuke with "sinful heretic, come to the REAL Christ!", please say so now. If you would rather i mock the Eucharist, please say so now.

Show me where you asked that question. I don't see it.

Patient Mary
If you TRULY think I am wrong in showing you this charity and respect (even while so passionately disagreeing with those beliefs), please say so now.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you TRULY think I am wrong in showing you this charity and respect (even while so passionately disagreeing with those beliefs), please say so now.
Soooooo you didn't ask that question. Just say it. You didn't ask that question......Did you? I know it's hard for you to admit you never asked that question like you thought you did but sometimes just being straight up and honest is the best medicine.

Mary

BTW......It is your decision to show charity. I already gave you my opinion on what I thought you should do.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
There are many who believe that baptism is the point of salvation, where we come in contact with the blood of Jesus and are forgiven of our sins and when we receive the Holy Spirit. Talking to a church of Christ friend the other day and we discussed baptism.

Acts 2:38: Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

1 Peter 3:21: and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also-not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Acts 22:16: And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

Mark 16:16: Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

church of Christ believes that the "for" (Eis) means "for the purpose of" in Acts 2:38. So, Baptism then would be for the purpose of "remission of sins" and where we come in contact with the blood of Jesus, with their interpretation of Scripture. Baptism is also how one gets "into / puts on Christ" (Galatians 3:27). Also, baptism is what "adds you to the church". Faith/belief/repentance does not add you to the church unless you've been baptized.

Where we currently live, this doctrine is very popular. What are your thoughts on this matter? :)

Good post, H2O does not save you any more than sacrificing goats in your back yard will, only belief and confession Rom 10:9

Mat 23:27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.

Heb 9:12-14 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. 13For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Reactions: LC627

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooo you didn't ask that question. Just say it. You didn't ask that question......Did you? I know it's hard for you to admit you never asked that question like you thought you did but sometimes just being straight up and honest is the best medicine.

Mary

BTW......It is your decision to show charity. I already gave you my opinion on what I thought you should do.
Mary, right now I'm getting the impression that you believe it is righteous to be uncharitable & disrespectful to people whose beliefs you find errant. In other words, it would be righteous for me to be uncharitable & disrespectful towards you and all other Catholics (because I find some Catholic beliefs to be errant).

If that is not your beleif, I welcome clarification. But that's the message I'm getting right now.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, right now I'm getting the impression that you believe it is righteous to be uncharitable & disrespectful to people whose beliefs you find errant. In other words, it would be righteous for me to be uncharitable & disrespectful towards you and all other Catholics (because I find some Catholic beliefs to be errant).

If that is not your beleif, I welcome clarification. But that's the message I'm getting right now.
You didn't ask that question......Did you?

I know it's hard for you to admit but sometimes just being straight up and honest is the best medicine.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't ask that question......Did you?

I know it's hard for you to admit but sometimes just being straight up and honest is the best medicine.
Mary, I have asked the same question, half a dozen different ways now. I am trying my hardest to be respectful and patient with you here. Your responding with accusations of dishonesty is not appreciated.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does 1 Corinthians 13 say "We are be charitable to those with whom we disagree"?

I can't find it!!!

Bible study Mary
You should not be looking for black and white laws. In the OT following Moses they had them. Perhaps in the Catholic Church they have them, but with us... at least some of us... they are what God writes in our hearts or speaks to us. If He did not write it on your heart of speak to you, you need to ask Him about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jane_Doe22

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture actually says that "the name of God and his doctrine should not be blasphemed'. If one is teaching, practicing or believing something that is OPPOSITE of the Truth then they are bereft of the Truth. Whoever teaches other than the Truth and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that is in accordance with godliness is conceited, understanding nothing, and has a morbid craving for controversy and for disputes about words. From these come envy, dissension, slander, base suspicions and wrangling among those who are depraved in mind and bereft of the truth.

Scripture does not say, as you believe, that we are to respect those with whom we disagree.

Bible study Mary
You should not be so literal. Some say that Protestants are deep into sola scriptura and then you come up with this. I have always, at least since long before belonging to this forum, NOT supported a sola scriptura stand.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I "want to believe" it.....since it's in scripture ;)

And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Are you calling Jesus a liar? :mad:

Curious Mary
No... Are you calling Him stupid?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
John 3:5; Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Acts 10:47-48 etc etc.

Luke 6:46 one cannot be a follower of Christ without DOING what Christ said to do.
I agree with you and @Marymog .
We certainly should be baptized as Jesus instructed.

I do, however, understand that if we die and are not baptized we will still get to heaven IF we were followers of Jesus. There is a baptism of desire....

I did not mean that we should not get baptized.

However, if we die baptized and somewhere along the way we've lost our faith and no longer serve God....we will not make it to heaven.

I'm thinking of
John 5:28-29
John 15:1-6 and other such verses...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life is hard, b but His yoke is easy. everyone wants it hard

1 Cor 1:8-9 He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Cor 15:56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 1:21-22 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

2Co 5:4-6 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. 6Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.
Amen to what God has promised to those who REMAIN faithful.
NOT sure what it has to do with what we were talking about, though . . .

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Remaining faithful is an essential component of being saved.

and that's what God does, He remains faithful even wen we fal short

1 Cor 1:8-9 He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 1:3-5 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Phil 1:4-6 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Tit 1:1-2 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ to further the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness— 2in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time,

Heb 6:16-20 People swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. 17Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

2 Pet 2:8-9 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Jude 1:1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James, To those who have been called, who are loved in God the Father and kept for a Jesus Christ:

Jude 1:24-25 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.