Bible is not important

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
denying the importance of God's word is part of the apostacy!!
i rebuke all in this thread who are posting against the importance of God's eternal holy word.
you know who you are!!

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Can you tell us what the markers are of someone who idolizes the bible? What is their 'tune'?

No one needs to actually know any history of the bible to know the truth. A child can know the truth by his rudimentary reading skills. I think that some make the understanding of truth a lot harder than it is, than God made it for all of us, and they do a disservice to the Body of Christ---something the enemy would so, as he is so very crafty.
Idols are idols and they are used as such. People can twist the Bible to there own simplistic sinful wants and hold the book up totally disregarding the history of the truth of how it came about and then say complete rubbish like once saved always saved and faith with out the works.
And the fact is it is not biblical at all, as no were does it say it any where at all.
you show me faith with out the works ( faith with noting ) ? Faith with out works is dead ? now that is a biblical fact.
What about charity ? that is a work.
The problem is that we hear of this satanic lot referring to 'works' totally out of context ! and getting away with it. the fact is the works has noting to do with your own works at all and the fact is, it is totally in Christ that we refer to these works, nothing other than. praying is a work ?
You must abide in the vine and bare fruit or you will be cut off. and that biblical. truth.
And i am not bagging the Bible, not at all, far from it, but i will point out that Satan will find any where he can to tempt and mislead you and rob you of your salvation. what do you think the shield is for ?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is only an idol if one wallows in it and yet refuses to come to Christ Jesus for salvation.

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
(Joh 5:39-40)

or even,

You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
(Joh 5:39-40)

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Idols are idols and they are used as such. People can twist the Bible to there own simplistic sinful wants and hold the book up totally disregarding the history of the truth of how it came about and then say complete rubbish like once saved always saved and faith with out the works.
And the fact is it is not biblical at all, as no were does it say it any where at all.
you show me faith with out the works ( faith with noting ) ? Faith with out works is dead ? now that is a biblical fact.
What about charity ? that is a work.
The problem is that we hear of this satanic lot referring to 'works' totally out of context ! and getting away with it. the fact is the works has noting to do with your own works at all and the fact is, it is totally in Christ that we refer to these works, nothing other than. praying is a work ?
You must abide in the vine and bare fruit or you will be cut off. and that biblical. truth.
And i am not bagging the Bible, not at all, far from it, but i will point out that Satan will find any where he can to tempt and mislead you and rob you of your salvation. what do you think the shield is for ?

People stray from the truth, and heed false teaching, but these are not examples of people making the bible an idol.

jbuskirk15

Mar 1, 2012
I think that God is both apparent in the Bible and out, as he watches over us and knows what we do. "O LORD, you have examined my heart, and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know when my thoughts even when I'm far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do." (Psalm 139:1-3). "scripture is just a good guide, nothing more. Don't let us create an idol out of it." I think that the Bible is in fact not an idol in the sense that we base our lives off the stories/morals of the Bible, but the book is what we believe to be true. We follow his teachings as a guideline, but do not consider the Bible to stand for itself. For example, some people may not be religious, but still read the Bible. Here, the Bible is their idol, and their only way of understanding religoin. The final statement is, "People who value the bible more than conscience are religious fanatics, no different from Islamic jihadis/terrorists." First of all, there is no such thing as a religion fanatic. Religion is a thing that has been present for thousands of years and there are millions of followers. I do not see how someone can be too close to God.

Reactions: Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Amen jbuskirk 15

Well said!
348r7rd.gif

33vbtd5.gif

Bless you!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dangerous statements.

Number one, in regards to the claim that there was no Scripture before the Bible. This is entirely based on a lack of understanding of culture, clues to which are contained in the Bible and backed by what we know from archaeology and other fields. The Bible does refer to prophets and other Godly men not in the Bible. Meaning, God always procured a way of getting his Word to his people. God can inspire people outside of Scripture to write inspired things, but they're not Scripture. Number two, these cultures were oral cultures, passing down prophecy, etc.

Conscience is the one and infallible guide.

I'm afraid sociopaths and simple bad decisions made by good people refute that notion in an instant. If the above were the case, then there would be no sin.

People who value the bible more than conscience are religious fanatics, no different from Islamic jihadis/terrorists.

I don't know where you are going with this, it seems more incendiary than anything.

Essentially, I see no room here for the Bible - and in the case it becomes a religion of one's own. "Why do you do that?" "God told me too, of course!"

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The 19th century Christian scholar, E.W. Bullinger, wrote an excellent field researched work about the 'original' lost meanings of the 12 Zodiac star constellations (not the stupid Zodiac psychics play with). It's called A Witness To The Stars, if I recall.

History of the 12 star constellations is very ancient. Over time, pagan worship corrupted their original symbolic meanings. Bullinger went back in time with archaeological artifacts and discovered their meanings before the corruptions. Every one of them point DIRECTLY to Bible Scripture. Just as with most everything else in this present world, the devil takes what belongs to God and tries to pervert it.

In other words, God's Word is WRITTEN in the star constellations also!!!

Our Lord Jesus also said His Words would never... pass away (Matt.24).

That points to God's Holy Writ as a Work beyond man's concept of literature. So those in Christ Jesus should never want to treat It like man's literature.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
The 19th century Christian scholar, E.W. Bullinger, wrote an excellent field researched work about the 'original' lost meanings of
the 12 Zodiac star constellations (not the stupid Zodiac psychics play with). It's called A Witness To The Stars, if I recall.
History of the 12 star constellations is very ancient. Over time, pagan worship corrupted their original symbolic meanings.
Bullinger went back in time with archaeological artifacts and discovered their meanings before the corruptions.
Every one of them point DIRECTLY to Bible Scripture.
Just as with most everything else in this present world, the devil takes what belongs to God and tries to pervert it.
In other words, God's Word is WRITTEN in the star constellations also!!!
Our Lord Jesus also said His Words would never... pass away (Matt.24).
That points to God's Holy Writ as a Work beyond man's concept of literature.
So those in Christ Jesus should never want to treat It like man's literature.

Super post ... thanks for sharing that.

I've been telling people ... historically, man has always been a spiritual idiot.
And Satan takes full advantage of it (as much as God will allow).

Just how is man supposed to distinguish between spiritual truth and error?
For example, God's angels and Satan's angels (demons).
The NT does tell us in 1 John 4:1-3 ... but who pays any attention?

Mohammed didn't, that's for sure ... His "Gabriel" was either Satan or one of his demons.
When you read the Qur'an, it's obvious that Allah is NOT the God of the Bible.
The Qur'an is cleverness personified ... pretending to be a further revelation from God.
Not surprising at all since Lucifer/Satan is the greatest liar and deceiver in the history of the world.

Same problem re: "Moroni" who appeared to Joseph Smith, which led to Mormonism.

Jul 6, 2011
No scripture is that important, God isn't contained in a book. Scripture is just a good guide, nothing more. Don't let's create an idol out of it. Conscience is the one and infallible guide. People who value the bible more than conscience are religious fanatics, no different from Islamic jihadis/terrorists.
Actually without the scripture that is the Biblical testimony, one may not even know God at all.
Christ's NT instructions are to obey all He taught (Matt 28, John 14-16) If we depart from the faith once delivered we drift to another and different gospel and another and different Jesus (2 Corinthians 11, 1 Corinthians 15, Galatians 1)

Christ said if we do what He says we know the truth and the truth sets us free. Christ said His words are spirit and life (John 6)

Much of the NT is about not going by human wisdom and conscience, but by the word of God. Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God (Matt 4)

The Bible indicates that saying human conscience is the one and infallible guide indicates non-belief in God.

So elysian, in that respect God is contained in a book. To reject His testimony is to reject Him.

Reactions: Lively Stone