Bible question about last days, judgment, end of the world (age)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this,

The whole age of Moses and the Old Covenant lasted only about 1500 years, then 400 years of silence and then Jesus comes about to be born.

Would not have the Last Days been when Jesus Christ had been walking around proclaiming his return, along with judgment upon the Nation of Israel for having rejected him?

Coming back in glory to return to grab those who were elected and part of the bridegroom in that day in Age (generation in which Jesus had preached and taught)?

The Bible talks in Hebrews 1:1-2 about how God sent his son to talk to them in the Last days, in 1 John 2:18 you have John writing about how it is the last hour, and throughout the revelation you have the notion of the scripture again by John, you have Jesus saying behold he is coming quickly.

Why do people believe that Jesus is still yet to return if it was for the age back then, in which conclude the destruction of the temple, defeat of Satan and his demons, sin, and all of the Old Covenant and Materially religion along with genealogies going out with the temple?

Your thoughts?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this,

The whole age of Moses and the Old Covenant lasted only about 1500 years, then 400 years of silence and then Jesus comes about to be born.

Would not have the Last Days been when Jesus Christ had been walking around proclaiming his return, along with judgment upon the Nation of Israel for having rejected him?

Coming back in glory to return to grab those who were elected and part of the bridegroom in that day in Age (generation in which Jesus had preached and taught)?

The Bible talks in Hebrews 1:1-2 about how God sent his son to talk to them in the Last days, in 1 John 2:18 you have John writing about how it is the last hour, and throughout the revelation you have the notion of the scripture again by John, you have Jesus saying behold he is coming quickly.

Why do people believe that Jesus is still yet to return if it was for the age back then, in which conclude the destruction of the temple, defeat of Satan and his demons, sin, and all of the Old Covenant and Materially religion along with genealogies going out with the temple?

Your thoughts?

Jesus has not come back yet. How do we know?? Because since His ascension, there hasnt been a 1000 yr period where sin wasnt around. When Jesus comes back, satan will be bound for 1000 yrs and there wont be any evil happening.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Lifelong_sinner

To me that does not answer any of the questions stated, thank you for sharing your insights of the tradition of men in which there are many churches teach. It is quite the dilemma! The reason is for Jesus Christ speaking about his return in that generation, and him not delivering, leaves him to be a liar, also his apostles shouldn't and can not at all be trusted.

1,000 years, may not really mean 1,000 years just for clarification. My encouragement would be to do a study of the number 1000.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Lifelong_sinner

To me that does not answer any of the questions stated, thank you for sharing your insights of the tradition of men in which there are many churches teach. It is quite the dilemma! The reason is for Jesus Christ speaking about his return in that generation, and him not delivering, leaves him to be a liar, also his apostles shouldn't and can not at all be trusted.

1,000 years, may not really mean 1,000 years just for clarification. My encouragement would be to do a study of the number 1000.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher

you’re deceiving yourself. I dont think you understand Revelations very well. Jesus has not come back yet, satan is still around. To claim otherwise, sounds like you think you dont sin anymore. To believe that Jesus has already come back is yet more craziness.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my friend in Christ,

As you wish to speak and say, my friend, @Lifelong_sinner. You may believe as you desire, for I will not hate you or condemn you for believing differently.

As a Christian I’m called to love God and love unconditionally others, by the spirit.

If there is anything else I may be able to help you with, please feel free to private message me or simply ask, if I’m able to help I will try to do so.

Thank you again for sharing your insight and comments with me.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you reader,

There is a book I would like mention here called Christianity’s great dilemma, by Glenn Hill, a 70 year old pastor and teacher of the word of God.

He went on the search to find out the truth about the second coming of Jesus.

The book can be found on Amazon and eBay for cheap between 12 to 10$.

Again that book is called

Christianitys Great Dilemma

In love and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this,

Your thoughts?

Hi Matt, Mat 24 gives us the signs of the last days sir, and this is a twofold prophecy, yes Jesus was living in the last days of the Jewish system, in which God was going to take from them the Kingdom rulership, and give it to a new nation made up of people from all nations under a new covenant. Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 CE which fulfilled the minor part or first fulfillment of the prophecy. We know it would also apply to a future fulfillment if you really think about the horses in chap 6 of Revelation which is the same as Mat 24, but signified differently. The White horse shows Jesus receiving the crown, red horse represents satan taking peace away from the earth, the black horse representing famines, and the pale horse pestilence. Revelation was penned about 25 yrs after the destruction of Jerusalem, therefore having a future fulfillment.