Bible Translation Searches on Google

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I think the NIV shot themselves in the foot with their latest translation and discontinuing the NIV84 as a way of forcing people to buy their new egalitarian version. I use the ESV now and encourage everyone who is looking for a version toward the ESV.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i use kjv, nkjv, amplified bibles mainly.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the ESV which is based on the RSV which if my memory serves in reading it’s history, is also based on a desired correction of the KJV as in a version of the KJV with corrections.
Despite it’s apparent difficulties, the KJV is the Bible for the English speaking world. It’s withstood public scrutiny for over 400 yr’s. And most fundamentalist go by it staunchly. Also there is a continuity in the use of the KJV that doesn’t exist with other English translations. If you use the KJV with and exhaustive 20 vol OED then the use of the words in the bible are available to you as in how they where used back in the days of late 1500's and early 1600's. where as the use of words (especially in any American efforts) constantly change.
Example: back in the day the word saw was not used to mean some one had seen. It was either a saw as in saw blade or it meant to declare. Which changes the meaning of "and God saw that it was good" . To many people go on with Greek and Hebrew as though the translators didn’t know what they where doing. But both the KJV and the OED is available and easily understandable to any capable reader of English.