Bible Vs Koran

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
I have been doing some digging around and I have started to learn about Islam and the Koran and it just seems to cause confusion. The Bible came first and was completed after Jesus died. Around 600 years later the Koran was written. Ever since then it has been debated over and over again about which is the true word of God. Some think it's the bible such as myself and others seem to think that the bible was written by people that misunderstood God's teachings and believe the Koran to be the real word of God. For those that don't know much about the Koran it is basically the same as the bible but it has many differences. Just to give a quick example the bible says that in order to gain salvation you have to repent and put all your faith in Christ because no one gets to see the father but through him. However, the Koran teaches that Jesus was just a messenger of God (not God in human form just a messenger) and that you shouldn't pray to Jesus based on that and you only have to ask God for forgiveness to be forgiven of your sins. Things like this seem to cause a lot of controversy among many. I personally put my faith in the bible because I believe that Jesus was God in human form. I mean it said in the beginning of the bible that God commanded with his voice. He said let there be light and it was so. Jesus did the same thing. When the waves came and the people in the boat got scared and Jesus cried out peace be still the waves disappeared. Such authority can only come from God and not man. But anyways before I get too carried away, what is your opinion on the Koran? Do you think it is possible that the Koran could be the real word of God and the original bible really was a incorrect message of what God really said?

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
The Koran's god does not claim to have created the earth and all creation. Koran is Aliah There is only one God, the Father and His Son, Jesus the Christ and He is coming to take the earth as his throne very soonIsmael's seed is the Sword God is sending upon the earth to punish the people who have sinned against him in the covenants. Pray and reach out to the one true Lord who is king of all and is sending the tribulation through this Seed of Ishmael, they are camped around us now, here in America.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Well i beleive that the bible is the only book to me that represents gods love and truth at its finest. The men who wrote it clearly had the holy spirit speaking through them and it was so. The koran however i have never read and i dont intend to either, theres been more than enough evidence to prove that jesus existed as a physical flesh person and i dont deny that.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The only true word I know is that spoken by Jesus, the bible may contain some of what God needed to say to man , but it certainly is not inspired by God, it contains many errors, it confuses people, some of what the disciples wrote was out of their religious experience and conflicted with the ways of Jesus, that is certainly not from God, and God has a voice, all this is so we can have a father son relationship, now, not tomorrow, or next week, but now, As Jesus said in revlation, I stand at the door and knock, If any man will hear my voice and open the door. i will sup with Him and Him with me.The words that I speak they are spirit and they are life. God is not dumb that He cant speak, we just choose to not listen.As for the koran its just another book .In His love

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The Entire Word of God is his inspired Word....first was the Word ... To not trust that is not trust your father ... Now which translation you use can be influenced by men which is why we recomend checking out everything in the orginal language to see what the Words God used and what they meanits easy to do this with a KJV and a strongs concordence it works much like a dictionary you can access it on line herehttp://www.blueletterbible.org/search.cfmAs far as the Koran its not just a book (though I understand what you are saying) Its a book written by those who follow another god for their god is not our god its much to dangerous to be just a book Deu 5:7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

musicworld

Apr 1, 2009
Canary Islands Tenerife
Jimmy be careful with this bookThe Qur’an was a book written by a military leader called Muhammad who the muslims believed to be the last prophet from GOD from the 7th century. They are a monotheistic religion (believing in only one god) they believe Jesus was a prophet but not the son of GOD. And so because they are a monotheistic faith it means they don’t believe in the trinity (farther son & holy spirit) they reject the Christian doctrine comparing it to polytheism (believing in many gods) Muslims believe that the verses of the Qur'an were revealed in direct revelation to Muhammad from GOD through the angel Gabriel on many occasions. But the Qur'an was reportedly written down by Muhammad's companions. Bottom line Muslims consider the Qur'an to be the literal word of GOD. They are not actual Christians because they believe only partly in the book of Genesis which still classes them as an Abrahamic religion but because thay don't believe in Christ being the son of GOD then their not christians at all.Brother forget this book it is a man made system a deviation from the bible NOT GODs word, stay away

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
Jimmy be careful with this bookThe Qur’an was a book written by a military leader called Muhammad who the muslims believed to be the last prophet from GOD from the 7th century. They are a monotheistic religion (believing in only one god) they believe Jesus was a prophet but not the son of GOD. And so because they are a monotheistic faith it means they don’t believe in the trinity (farther son & holy spirit) they reject the Christian doctrine comparing it to polytheism (believing in many gods) Muslims believe that the verses of the Qur'an were revealed in direct revelation to Muhammad from GOD through the angel Gabriel on many occasions. But the Qur'an was reportedly written down by Muhammad's companions. Bottom line Muslims consider the Qur'an to be the literal word of GOD. They are not actual Christians because they believe only partly in the book of Genesis which still classes them as an Abrahamic religion but because thay don't believe in Christ being the son of GOD then their not christians at all.Brother forget this book it is a man made system a deviation from the bible NOT GODs word, stay away
I'm not reading the book or anything I was just curious what everyone's take on it was. I for one put all of my faith in the bible. I mean look at all the scriptures in the OT that foretold things about Jesus such as where he would be born and all of it came true and it can be seen in the NT. I don't see any other religions making such accurate predictions like that.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm not reading the book or anything I was just curious what everyone's take on it was. I for one put all of my faith in the bible. I mean look at all the scriptures in the OT that foretold things about Jesus such as where he would be born and all of it came true and it can be seen in the NT. I don't see any other religions making such accurate predictions like that.
Greetings Jimmy.If you would like some more insight into the workings of Islam and the teachings of the Koran, you could type the name Chuck Missler into your browser or go directly to the following link:http://www.khouse.org/enews/2007-10-23/Chuck is very clued up on many subjects and points out the occultic, Babylonian origins of Islamic beliefs.

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
The Koran says Jesus wasn't the Son of God, and it calls Christians liars for saying he was.It also denies the Trinity.That's all I personally need or want to know about the Koran. [Koran 4.171] "O followers of the Book [Bible], do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak lies against Allah, but speak the truth; the Messiah, Isa [Jesus] son of Marium [Mary] is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector"

bigdummy

Feb 1, 2008
Christina;70719]The [SIZE=4]Entire Word of God is his inspired Word[/SIZE]....[B][COLOR=#ff0000]first was the Word [/COLOR][/B]... To not trust that is not trust your father ... Now which translation you use can be influenced by men which is why we recomend checking out everything in the orginal language to see what the Words God used and what they mean its easy to do this with a KJV and a strongs concordence it works much like a dictionary you can access it on line here [URL]http://www.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm[/URL] As far as the Koran its not just a book (though I understand what you are saying) Its a book written by those who follow another god for their god is not our god its much to dangerous to be just a book Deu 5:7 [B]Thou shalt have none other gods before me. [/B][/QUOTE] I have no problem with accepting the bible over the Koran as I believe in the divinity of Jesus and the Koran considers him to be only another wise prophet said:
only way[/U] to Heaven, but as for the KJV of the bible I can't bring myself to believe that the one we read today is the inspired word of God [and the only one] as there have been a number of printing errors found in the 1611 version sense it was first printed, such would not and could not be the case if it was "inspired by God" I believe the origional manuscripts were inspired by God but not the 1611 translation of those that were copied by man who is famous for his ability to misinterpit words, there meaning, spelling and punctuation. Speaking on the “History and Heritage of the English Bible” at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary on March 22-23, 2006, Charles Ryrie stated that there have been some 24,000 variations of the King James Version since its original publication in 1611, and “it’s just something you might have in the back of your mind to help somebody who thinks King James is the only translation that we should use” (“Christians Are Wasting Heritage of English Bible,” Baptist Press, April 4).

bigdummy

Feb 1, 2008
Jimmy Engle;70712]I have been doing some digging around and I have started to learn about Islam and the Koran and it just seems to cause confusion. The Bible came first and was completed after Jesus died. Around 600 years later the Koran was written. Ever since then it has been debated over and over again about which is the true word of God. Some think it said:
I also put my faith ,though weak it may be, in the Bible as apposed to the Koran because I have accepted the fact that Jesus is who He claims to be, the Koran rejects Him as being God in the flesh, and believe He is only a prophet (I almost said was a prophet) and was never resurrected, or the only way through which man can enter eternity. That in itself is enough to disinterest me in reading it, then add that to that the fact that you can be imprisoned for reading it in a Muslem dominated country, So If I was to read it it would be to better understand my enemy.