Body of Christ never mentioned in Revelation, but The Bride is.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you of low estate? Then blessed are you for yours is the Kingdom of God. Don’t know why others are setting themselves as the gold and discouraging you from it. 1 Peter 1:7-8 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found (Remain) unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: [8] Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Yes, good word, ty.
"Don’t know why others are setting themselves as the gold and discouraging you from it."
Well, this is not happened...it is all my own thoughts that lead me to think these things.

Reactions: Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, of course but...to be totally and fully sinless as Jesus? I dunno. Maybe I think I am sinning when I'm really not? I always come back to 'now there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus' yet, it is a struggle to even like myself when unkind thoughts and criticisms flit through my mind. We cannot always blame Satan so...where do these thoughts come from? Repentance is immediate when they do come yet, it is really "repentance" if it happens again?
Oh the humanity!
kdHbgJ.gif

Was thinking about this the other night “who did no sin” “when reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judges righteously. (1 Peter 2:22-23)

Yet how often do we examine this as sin in railings for railing, cursing for cursing, reviling, threatening, a cloak of malice?

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy 2 Timothy 1:12-14 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. [13] Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. [14] That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, good word, ty.
"Don’t know why others are setting themselves as the gold and discouraging you from it."
Well, this is not happened...it is all my own thoughts that lead me to think these things.
Its the Spirit within that is the gold,silver,precious stones.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was thinking about this the other night “who did no sin” “when reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judges righteously. (1 Peter 2:22-23)

Yet how often do we examine this as sin in railings for railing, cursing for cursing, reviling, threatening, a cloak of malice?

"Yet how often do we examine this as sin in railings for railing, cursing for cursing, reviling, threatening, a cloak of malice?"

Not often enough...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Yet how often do we examine this as sin in railings for railing, cursing for cursing, reviling, threatening, a cloak of malice?"

Not often enough...

I get it. Was also thinking “railing for railing” is in agreement with railings. Frightening. 1 Timothy 6:4-6 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, [5] Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. [6] But godliness with contentment is great gain.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it. Was also thinking “railing for railing” is in agreement with railings. Frightening. 1 Timothy 6:4-6 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, [5] Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. [6] But godliness with contentment is great gain.

We should prefer instead (of course) blessing for blessing :) Contentment in Him is the peace that we do have...how He blesses us! We have more than one could ever need in material things. The only blessings we should be seeking are Spiritual blessings...

Reactions: ScottA

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should prefer instead (of course) blessing for blessing :) Contentment in Him is the peace that we do have...how He blesses us! We have more than one could ever need in material things. The only blessings we should be seeking are Spiritual blessings...
So, Nancy in my opinion the answer to the op, “ who is the bride of Christ”?
Is found in scripture
You are all things in Christ.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

You said you can never get there...how is that since “our sufficiency is of God”?

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, and the only way to posses this is to have witnessed the wedding, even to have been born of it.
Since the wedding is in the future, John was speaking prophetically. The Marriage of the Lamb will take place just before the Second Coming of Christ.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one is for those in here that understand just how far God's Love goes...

full

Who can receive it?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok. Still it is His increase. Lesser fruit and greater fruit sounds as if the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, unto glory and praise of God is ...it is either His fruits (works) or not. Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
HI VIJ,

I think it's about time and activity.

We can be Christians who follow our own ways until we get into trouble, and then turn in faith to God. We can be Christians who recognize opportunities to serve God, and turn in faith to do those things. And we can be Christians who turn in faith to God at all times, or most times, and not only preach a sermon of feed the poor in faith, but eat cornflakes or figs in faith,

It's all about a correct understanding of justification. Knowing we are right with God opens the door to our relying on Him at all times, and this is the faith that allows us to stand in grace, doing His will at all times in the power of His Spirit, what we all want.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems I could live for thousands of years and never reach these heights. :(
And yet you can reach that in the next moment by accepting as a fully encompassing fact that you are justified and fully accepted by God. There is no hindrance between you and Him.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen and Nancy