Born again,,,,,,,and again and again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
winc said:
Jesus did not say Christians need to be born again.......or again and again - twinc
That's correct winc. We're only believing once here..Eph 1:13-14 NIV And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What people do not understand is sin is apart of being in the flesh, we as Christians will sin as long as we are in the flesh, coming to Christ over and over again can not be found in the bible, sin will happen it is when sin comes a big priority that we need to worry, we are born of the Spirit only once.

LightMessenger

Apr 9, 2015
winc said:
Jesus did not say Christians need to be born again.......or again and again - twinc
Actually He did say that. Very much so. Jesus came into this world to save people from their sins. But the act of becoming Born Again needs to be done only once in order for it to be accepted by Jesus and for your name to be written in the Lamb's Book of Life in Heaven. That allows your soul and spirit to be able to enter into Heaven at your appointed time and remain for eternity. Without becoming Born Again while you are in this life your soul would be imperiled when you pass-on according to the Bible. Please see my signature lines.

"Jesus saith unto him, I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." -- JOHN 14:6 (KJV)

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." -- JOHN 3:3 (KJV)

Please don't be fooled into thinking that you and everyone alive today do not need to become Born Again because you do. It is the very simple act of accepting Jesus Christ into your life as your LORD and Savior. There is the Prayer of Salvation that has been presented in this board. If you would like to see another copy of it I would be most happy to provide it to you.

May God bless you.

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
clark thompson said:
What people do not understand is sin is apart of being in the flesh, we as Christians will sin as long as we are in the flesh, coming to Christ over and over again can not be found in the bible, sin will happen it is when sin comes a big priority that we need to worry, we are born of the Spirit only once.
<< we as Christians will sin as long as we are in the flesh>>

1Jo 1:8-9 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

That's not being "born again" over and over. That's part of the process, empowered by the Holy Spirit which dwells in, of taking control of the flesh which constantly wants to serve the law of sin.