• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That phrase was created by the heretic, recent, who defines it as "OSAS".

So, that is a mistreatment of the Grace of God, that is designed to twist the Believer's mind into a certain "stronghold" of deception.

This was actually started in Paul's day, by his enemies who hated "The Gospel of the Grace of God" that is Paul's gospel.
They still do today.
Paul was accused of "cheap grace".. "OSAS".....>"license to sin"., and most believers do not know this... but this idea of "OSAS" that is designed to corrupt your faith into the idea that GRACE is "license to sin", is something Paul Dealt with...when they accused Him of "saying we should sin, so that Grace will come".
Its the same Demonic Trick, now 1900 yrs later.....its just been updated with new "bumper stickers" by the Heretics who obsess on : "OSAS".

JUDE teaches about THEM specifically....>He wrote that the Jewish teachers came into the Church and subverted the doctrine of the Grace of God .... as/into = "license to sin"

Other then Calvinism, and the "cult of Mary" and the deception that "salvation can be lost"...... this is the very best deception that Satan has ever created to poison the believers FAITH....., and that is because it keeps people from understanding Grace correctly, by causing them to believe that when Grace is taught Correctly, that they are hearing "license to sin".

I agree that those denominations who teach that catch phrase believe all their past, present and future sins are already forgiven. That is not in the Bible. Peter says only our past sins are forgiven, THEN we are given the power of the Holy Spirit to sin no more.

There is a test, 1 John 3:21-22, to see if we are on the path to salvation, thereby not losing something you haven't yet possessed. The cleansing of our nature and empowering it with the Holy Spirit makes it easy to stay on the path. But Paul and Peter do warn us to not quench the Spirit or be beguiled by false teachings. That is when you step off the path and never reach salvation.

21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

Reactions: Keturah

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just keep in mind that if you keep ALL the commandments, including those, and you are not born again = its not going to save you.

That was the Jews, and those who rejected Jesus but kept the commandments were not saved. Only before Jesus was crucified would they have been saved if they were looking forward to the coming Messiah.
So, keeping this, and doing that, and works works works, , is Discipleship.
Scripturally, that is called keeping the letter of the Law. by willpower. It has no power of the Spirit to save.

Salvation is Jesus on the Cross, redeeming the World, John 3: 16-17..... and that is not our discipleship.
He died to take away our sins against the Ten Commandments from the source, our sin nature, to sin no more, and also sent us His Spirit to empower us to naturally mature His righteous fruit. Murder, Stealing, etc. has already been taken away. We don't need "laws" to tell us not to do something we don't want to do anyway. Laws are only for transgressors. We're not sinners; we are children of God. Now we only have to grow spiritually, and Jesus does that through His Spirit.
Being SAVED, is what God does for us........and it has nothing to do with commandment keeping or behavior., as you can do that and not be saved.
Faith is authored by God and has everything to do with keeping ourselves pure and having righteous behavior as we walk in the Spirit. It is part of our witness to the world. Faith is obedience, not disobedience. Things to be obedient to are revealed to us throughout our life from faith to faith, and we keep them naturally by the power given to us, just by obeying our conscience - doing what we want to do, and not doing what we don't want to do. The complete opposite from the old sin nature.
The only real proof that a person is saved, is if they are born again.

We don't carry a sign saying "I'm born again." If we have Christ's righteousness, the world can see it by our behavior.
Behavior is related to discipleship.
Behavior is related to faith, which is obedience. The opposite of believe is disobedience. 1 Peter 2:7 Faith and Believe are the same.
Salvation is what God does for us as "the gift of Salvation"< ONLY when we give Him our Faith in the one who is our Salvation.
Our "Faith in the one who is our Salvation" is by obedience to His words. Salvation is a gift to those who love Jesus, not to those who reject Him.

John 14:23-24
“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I agree that those denominations who teach that catch phrase believe all their past, present and future sins are already forgiven. That is not in the Bible. Peter says only our past sins are forgiven,

"Jesus is the one time eternal sacrifice for sin".

Not some. not Past, not most.

"God hath made Jesus to be SIN, for us".

Not some, not past, not most.

The only SIN the Cross of Christ has not dealt with, is the "unpardonable sin"., and it can't as that one rejects the Forgiveness that Is the Cross of Christ.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said i dont try to connect feelings to the Spirit of God.
He's not a feeling, He's an indwelling presence .
Ive had all the feelings and some of the gifts, but i dont chase that, i dont pursue any of that as my Christianity.

If i was "assembly of God" or "Charismatic/Pentecostal".... then i would spend a lot of my time talking about "the infilling" and the "baptism with the HS".
Notice i dont?
Why?
Because ....
Im a doer.
I do for the Lord.
Its what im doing here.
God designed my Ministry to break down cult teaching and cause hearers to want to step up and join the fight.

"evangelist".

See, These people dont need to hear about "tongues" and "the infilling", when they can't even explain the Blood of Jesus as the Gift of Salvation.
Some of them could do it, but most here are cult taught and need special attention.
They need something that will make that Bible open up for them, and that word speak to them.
They need to understand that the Armor of God isn't on them, until they learn to exist in the Grace of God, and not in anything else.
They need to be grounded in this verse..... Hebrews 13:9.

I CAN speak in tongues, but I rarely do. I have a much higher gift of hearing God's voice (Word of Wisdom, Word of Knowledge and Prophecy). Tongues is NOT THE EVIDENCE of being filled with the Spirit. But we MUST be filled with the Spirit to be born again! The EVIDENCE of being filled with the Spirit is FREEDOM FROM SIN.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
. 1.) We're not sinners; we are children of God.

2.) Salvation is a gift to those who love Jesus, not to those who reject Him.

3.) He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

1.) We are not sinners, as you said, if we are born again.
And by being born again, we are not under the law that defines sin as sin.
This is "where there is no law, there is no transgression"......or "not under the law but under Grace".

2.) Salvation is given to those who BELIEVE in Jesus, as "faith is counted as righteousness"

Some love Jesus exactly like they Love Mary., or the Pope.

3.) Keeping this one......this "word" of Jesus is why you go to heaven.

"you must be born again".

"all that believe in me, i give unto you eternal life."

You do those, and you go to heaven.

If you keep all the other "words of Jesus" but are never born again, never believe, then Hell will welcome you as you go there wondering why keeping law, commandments, and doing good, didnt save you.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jesus is the one time eternal sacrifice for sin".

Not some. not Past, not most.

"God hath made Jesus to be SIN, for us".

Not some, not past, not most.

The only SIN the Cross of Christ has not dealt with, is the "unpardonable sin"., and it can't as that one rejects the Forgiveness that Is the Cross of Christ.

Jesus only needs to take away our past sins, because that includes the source, our sin nature. So it is ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. With the Spirit we DON'T SIN IN THE PRESENT AND FUTURE. So saying Jesus forgives our future sins makes God the author of sin, instead of the preventer of future sins.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I CAN speak in tongues, but I rarely do. I have a much higher gift of hearing God's voice (Word of Wisdom, Word of Knowledge and Prophecy). Tongues is NOT THE EVIDENCE of being filled with the Spirit. But we MUST be filled with the Spirit to be born again! The EVIDENCE of being filled with the Spirit is FREEDOM FROM SIN.

Paul said that "if you have not the spirit of God, then you do not belong to God".

He didnt say "if you walk on water", and have all the gifts, and hate sin".

Listen, we come to God as a SINNER, and God makes us as CLEAN as the Blood of Jesus.
We didnt love God or Jesus before that.
We didnt try to be good, and sinless.

God takes us as UNGODLY..... by our FAITH. in Christ..........and makes us "the righteousness of God in Christ"..........

The next day, we are still that same .

10 yrs later.... the same.

And because our behavior didnt cause God to save us, then our behavior is not going to be a part of why we are always born again.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1.) We are not sinners, as you said, if we are born again.
And by being born again, we are not under the law that defines sin as sin.
This is "where there is no law, there is no transgression"......or "not under the law but under Grace".

We may have two different definitions of being born again.
Yours seems to be the opposite of mine. If your born again nature still sins, it is not born again. That has to do with behavior.
Mine is from first repenting of your weakness towards sin, THEN receiving the Holy Spirit to EMPOWER us to live a righteous life naturally from our new born again nature that doesn't willfully sin. "Willfully" is key.
Some love Jesus exactly like they Love Mary., or the Pope.

I put it like this. My mother is Australian. She was a war-bride from WWII. My day was American. Queen Elizabeth was my mother's queen. I "loved" Queen Elizabeth but she was never MY queen. She had no authority over me. Jesus has Authority over me. I do everything He tells me to do because I LOVE HIM.

Loving Mary or the Pope is the same as loving the demon of those false beliefs.
3.) Keeping this one......this "word" of Jesus is why you go to heaven.

"you must be born again".

"all that believe in me, i give unto you eternal life."
Again, believe in Jesus is obedience to His word. Faith without works is dead.
If you keep all the other "words of Jesus" but are never born again, never believe, then Hell will welcome you as you go there wondering why keeping law, commandments, and doing good, didnt save you.

I know the hard way! I was in church for 30 years keeping the words of Jesus and the Ten commandment, but wasn't filled with the Spirit. We must be filled with the Spirit to be born again - they are one and the same.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus only needs to take away our past sins, because that includes the source, our sin nature. So it is ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. With the Spirit we DON'T SIN IN THE PRESENT AND FUTURE. So saying Jesus forgives our future sins makes God the author of sin, instead of the preventer of future sins.

If you read what i wrote , i said "not some, not past, not most".

I didnt say "future" as there is none of that when we are "in Christ'.
But sometimes i'll refer to future sins, if im talking to someone who believes they will "sin and confess" later......someone like Net Chaplin, or Ronald Nolette.

Also, there is a rotten stinking theology that does try to deal with future sin.
Its the one that says......"""""now the next time you sin, ...run to 1 John 1:9 and confess that next one, and that next 567."""

See that?
= Useless.

Jesus has our sin, 2000 yrs ago..... and we have become "in Christ" "one with God".. FOREVER.
We dont confess what Jesus has BECOME.... 2000 yrs ago.

= "God hath made Jesus to BE SIN for us".

Now, this does not mean that we can't have a mood swing, or lose patience with someone, or do something in haste that we regret.
So, being a human, does not end with the New Birth. What ends is the Judgement for sin, and the old man of sin.

We still live in this world, and its awful. Its nothing but lust being offered.

So, We have our "moments", and sometimes we dont do it all just right.
For example, if im tired, as i am right now, because i had 45 minutes of sleep since Wed....... and someone wants to argue about "Hebrews 10:26" to try to ruin the faith of a real believer on MY Thread, ...then because im sleepy tired, and have worked hard today, physically, i might not be as KIND to them, as i would the other 50X they came to my Threads trying to teach that JUNK to harm real believers.
Sure...... that's quite possible.

But normally..
if you feel a sting in your conscience, because your expectation of yourself wasn't maintained./ then what we do, is just talk to God.
He's daddy.
Just have a conversation so that you make peace with yourself about it....as God is always at peace with us based on the Blood Atonement.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He didnt say "if you walk on water", and have all the gifts, and hate sin".
Well, gifts are not earned, so you get what you need for the office He gives us. He gave me the Office of Teacher in 2000. But I DO hate sin. I love what God loves, and hate what God loves because we are One. We MUST abide IN Jesus and He IN us. This relationship shines through our behavior. If our behavior still is like the devil, then hes who we are abiding in. A Christian is a slave of righteousness. A sinner is a slave of sinful behavior and the devil.
Listen, we come to God as a SINNER, and God makes us as CLEAN as the Blood of Jesus.
We didnt love God or Jesus before that.
We didnt try to be good, and sinless.
That is because we couldn't. It wasn't in our sin nature. I agree.
God takes us as UNGODLY..... by our FAITH. in Christ..........and makes us "the righteousness of God in Christ"..........
Yes, but with the evidence of righteousness; otherwise, our faith is false. Faith is obedience to righeousness.
The next day, we are still that same .

10 yrs later.... the same.

And because our behavior didnt cause God to save us, then our behavior is not going to be a part of why we are always born again.

This is not clear. The next day, we are still that same as what? Righteous or sinner?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yours seems to be the opposite of mine. If your born again nature still sins

Again, believe in Jesus is obedience to His word. Faith without works is dead.

1 John 3:9 takes care of the born again nature vs sin.

There is no sin, unless you are an unbeliever, under the law.
The born again are "in Christ" and there is no sin there..

God had to take care of our sin, or He could not have joined us to Himself, spiritually.
We are kept sinless, the same way we became sinless.

James says that faith without works is dead, but He didnt say that Salvation is dead without works.

So, as Faith is not the savior, then if its dead, .... it has no impact on ALREADY being "in Christ", "one with God", "made Righteous", and "seated in Heavenly Places".

There are people who believe that FAITH is the savior.
They will teach...>"if you lose your faith", you lost your Salvation.

But here is the thing.
Christ, The Holy Spirit, is in everyone who is born again....so, if your faith is in Chaos, then that has nothing to do with "Christ in you".
He's not going anywhere, if you have dead faith, as Jesus said "i will never leave you". and God said that "HE is faithful to complete your salvation", because even if your faith is dead, God is still faithful to us.

Philippians 1:6

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Paul said that "if you have not the spirit of God, then you do not belong to God".
Amen...we must be birthed in the Spirit to belong to God, adopted into His Kingdom.

John 3:6
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

New Living Translation
Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.

English Standard Version
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read what i wrote , i said "not some, not past, not most".

I didnt say "future" as there is none of that when we are "in Christ'.

Then we agree, I hope. But when you say this I still wonder if you are seeing that to be IN CHRIST and HE IN US He shines through and controls our actions, our behavior. What I've often thought you meant was that our behavior doesn't matter because we have an invisibility cloak of Jesus over us and we are seen as clean when we are still a cesspool. I don't believe that, but I've heard that teaching on these forums.
Also, there is a rotten stinking theology that does try to deal with future sin.
Its the one that says......"""""now the next time you sin, ...run to 1 John 1:9 and confess that next one, and that next 567."""

See that?
= Useless.
That to me is self-cleansing. They may not be born again or we are talking about human behavior (immature fruit). 1 John 1:9 has to do with all our past sins of lawlessness while our sin nature was still filthy. Immature fruit are tresspasses of sins not unto death. Those only require us to forgive each other. Matthew 6:14-15 not 1 John 1:9.
Jesus has our sin, 2000 yrs ago..... and we have become "in Christ" "one with God".. FOREVER.
We dont confess what Jesus has BECOME.... 2000 yrs ago.

= "God hath made Jesus to BE SIN for us".

That is why WE are crucified with Jesus. Our sins are nailed to HIS cross. THEN we also share in His resurrection, and are raised up born again and without willful sin.
Now, this does not mean that we can't have a mood swing, or lose patience with someone, or do something in haste that we regret.
So, being a human, does not end with the New Birth. What ends is the Judgement for sin, and the old man of sin.

We still live in this world, and its awful. Its nothing but lust being offered.

So, We have our "moments", and sometimes we dont do it all just right.
For example, if im tired, as i am right now, because i had 45 minutes of sleep since Wed....... and someone wants to argue about "Hebrews 10:26" to try to ruin the faith of a real believer on MY Thread, ...then because im sleepy tired, and have worked hard today, physically, i might not be as KIND to them, as i would the other 50X they came to my Threads trying to teach that JUNK to harm real believers.
Sure...... that's quite possible.

But normally..
if you feel a sting in your conscience, because your expectation of yourself wasn't maintained./ then what we do, is just talk to God.
He's daddy.
Just have a conversation so that you make peace with yourself about it....as God is always at peace with us based on the Blood Atonement.

Those are not sins unto death. His blood does cleanse us of what you are describing - sins not unto death from immature fruit. In fact, 1 John 1:7 shows a man walking in the Spirit successfully, but because of forgiveness of trespasses towards brethren and reconciling, the blood of Jesus automatically cleanses us of those trespasses. The other is also true. If you don't reconcile with one another and forgive each other's trespasses, neither will the Father forgive ours.

If we have a particular fruit that is not flurishing, have faith in the vinedresser to prune those. That may come in a retaliation against you. Accept it and grow.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no sin, unless you are an unbeliever, under the law.
The born again are "in Christ" and there is no sin there..

This can be taken one of two says, and I still don't know if your believe the truth or a perversion, so please be clear.

If as a born again believer, you take a pen from work, is that sin, or no sin?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This can be taken one of two says, and I still don't know if your believe the truth or a perversion, so please be clear.

@Behold

Or, with Jesus IN you would you not take it in the first place, because your conscience won't let you?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Those are not sins unto death.

Adam committed one sin.

it was a "sin unto death".

So, all sin is the same..

Some sins are more Grievous then others but all are "unto death"

Christ DIED, because of just ONE Sin., yet this same Sacrificial Death, redeems ALL sin for all time.

2 Corinthians 5:19

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The next day, we are still r?

BORN AGAIN

this never changes and that is proof of Salvation, and that is what can't be lost.

You can't lose, being born again., as a BIRTH can't be ended by bad behavior, loss of faith, or anything else, as this birth is GOD CAUSED, not "by our deeds" caused.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

There is no sin "In Christ".

We, the born again are "in Christ".

The old man of sin is dead.
Its not going to rise again...but you can have "sin consciousness".
And this is caused by not understanding as the "renewed mind" what it means to have been "made righteous".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christ DIED, because of just ONE Sin., yet this same Sacrificial Death, redeems ALL sin for all time.
Are you saying our sins are forgiven, past, present and future...just to be clear.?