• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is God's sacrificial love at work.

This is bad grammar. Jesus is an anointing...but He's not a blood atonement. And He's not the New Covenant. It's take 2 to be in a relationship. You would have Jesus being in relationship with Himself...so that you can just go about doing your own thing...sinning as you go...since you don't believe that your are accountable for your own actions.

Yes. In Him we experience His resurrection life, His perfection, His holiness. For that to become a reality we need first to enter INTO Him...in a work of fulness of grace AFTER we are born again. It requires a full sacrifice AFTER we have received the sample of a free gift of grace.

I see you doing that very thing. Looking for a way to justify your lack of holiness...casting that back on God and making Him responsible for your lack of power over sin.

This is false. The born again are given a taste...a sample...an aravon..of the Spirit to make them experience the goodness of God. IF the person who has received the free gift wants the fulness of God in Christ, THEN that person surrenders to be crucified with Christ...which costs us ALL. Check out the parables of Jesus concerning the kingdom of God...and the cost of entering in.

That gift of righteousness is only given when we fully surrender to be crucified with Christ...made dead to sin. God does not anoint the Adamic nature. There is no "sinful holiness."

Again the opposite is true. Being against the an anointing of Christ is to be anti--Christ. Thereby you reveal your true motivation. (The word "Christ" means "anointed One".) In Christ we receive that same anointing...which gives us the real power of God over sin, the devil and the world.

The true heretic is the one who refuses to promote...but rather stands against...God's holy anointing one receives by "putting on" Christ.
Screenshot_20230409-145146~2.png

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvinism & double-mindedness is a wave tossed on the ocean of life until it fizzles out / I pray it will !

Names may change but nature still comes through & recognition of who one is still eeeeks out! ..............
JackRosie/ RosieJack.....lol

GOD DOES NOT FORCE HIMSELF ON ANY. GETTING A SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING ON BEING " BORN AGAIN" AS OPPOSED TO CONSTANT USE OF CURRENT VENACULAR IS SERIOUSLY NEEDED !

I see YOU!

Reactions: ChristisGod

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvinism & double-mindedness is a wave tossed on the ocean of life until it fizzles out / I pray it will !

Names may change but nature still comes through & recognition of who one is still eeeeks out! ..............
JackRosie/ RosieJack.....lol

GOD DOES NOT FORCE HIMSELF ON ANY. GETTING A SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING ON BEING " BORN AGAIN" AS OPPOSED TO CONSTANT USE OF CURRENT VENACULAR IS SERIOUSLY NEEDED !

I see YOU!
Blessings in Christ Jesus Keturah. By this, do you perhaps mean Jack and Rosie are one and the same?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ephesians 1:4
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love

New Living Translation
Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.

English Standard Version
even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love

Berean Standard Bible
For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love

Berean Literal Bible
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world for us to be holy and blameless before Him, in love

Ephesians 1:5
he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

New Living Translation
God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.

English Standard Version
he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

Berean Standard Bible
He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,

Berean Literal Bible
having predestined us for divine adoption as sons to Himself through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,

Life by the Spirit​

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[b] 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[c]you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Another interesting read from an online source.

Is election taught in the Bible?

The doctrine of election is taught throughout the entire Bible. For example, Israel was elected as God’s chosen people (Deut 7:6; Is. 45:5 NASB). God divinely chose great men of the Old Testament: such as Isaac (Gen. 21:12 NASB), Abraham (Neh. 9:7 NASB), and Zerubbabel (Hag. 2:23 NASB). The New Testament also testifies to God’s sovereign choosing. Jesus Himself was the elect of the Father (Is. 42:1; 1 Pet. 2:6), the apostles (John 13:18 NASB), Jacob (Rom. 9:12-13 NASB), Rufus (Rom. 16:13 NASB), and Paul (Gal. 1:15 NASB). We find that all believers are chosen of God (Titus 1:1 NASB). Believers were “predestined according to His purpose who works out all things after the counsel of His will” (Eph. 1:11 NASB). He chose the church before the foundation of the world. He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, “according to the kind intention of His will” (Eph. 1:4-5 NASB). Believers are “called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son … and whom He predestined, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified” (Rom. 8:28-29 NASB).

The idea that God sovereignly chooses who will be saved is nowhere clearer than in the ninth chapter of Romans. Paul told his readers that God chose Jacob over his twin brother Esau “though the twins were not yet born, and had not done anything good or bad, in order that God’s purpose according to His choice might stand, not because of works, but because of Him who calls” (Rom. 9:11 NASB). Paul unashamedly proclaimed the sovereignty of God in verses 15-16 when he said to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” So it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chosen, Elect, Predestined does not mean saved. Judas was called, predestined, elect, commissioned, chosen, and ordained an apostle of Christ by our Lord Himself. He preached repentance, healed the sick, cast out devils, and had the treasury bag. John 4:2 says he baptized others. Mark 9:35–41 says he belonged to Jesus. Note especially verse 35, “the twelve,” and verse 41, “because ye belong to Christ.”

Judas is a stumbling block for the doctrine of election in Calvinism.
  • He was a child of the bridechamber (Matthew 9:15).
  • Judas was called, commissioned, chosen, and ordained an apostle of Christ by our Lord Himself. He preached repentance, healed the sick, cast out devils, and had the treasury bag. John 4:2 says he baptized others. Mark 9:35–41 says he belonged to Jesus. Note especially verse 35, “the twelve,” and verse 41, “because ye belong to Christ.”He was sent to the lost sheep of Israel. Jesus called unto Him His twelve disciples. (Matthew 10:1–13). See also Mark 6:7–13 and Luke 9:1–6.
  • Jesus told His disciples that if anyone would reject them or their message from Him, they would receive severe judgment (Matthew 10:14–15).
  • Judas was a sheep among wolves (Matthew 10:16).
  • In Luke 12:32 Jesus says to His disciples, “Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”
  • He once heard and followed the Good Shepherd (John 10:27).
  • “He that receiveth you receiveth me” (Matthew 10:40).
  • He was part of Jesus’ family (Matthew 12:48–50).
  • Jesus said that His heavenly Father was the disciples’ heavenly Father by using the terms your, thy, and our Father in relation to His disciples’ relationship with His Father (Matthew 10:20; 5:16, 45, 48; 6:1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 14, 15, 18, 26, 32; 7:11).
  • Judas was given to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of heaven (Matthew 13:10–11).
  • His eyes saw and his ears heard—he understood (Matthew 13:16).
  • “Then they [Judas was there!] that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God” (Matthew 14:33).
  • Matthew 19:27–28 says, “Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, that ye [always plural in the Greek] which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” Judas was not faithful unto the end; therefore, he forfeited the promise of a throne in heaven. Judas’ fall did not negate the fact that he was promised a throne. But that promise was conditional, like all God’s promises.
  • Judas partook of the Passover. Jesus said of it in Matthew 26:18 “I will keep the Passover at thy house with my ” “Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve” (Matthew 26:20). See Luke 14:25–35 for Jesus’ definition of being His disciple (Love Him with all your heart, deny self, and take up your cross and follow Him, forsaking all else).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Keturah

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1:4
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love

Ephesians 1:5
he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

Another interesting read from an online source.

Is election taught in the Bible?

The doctrine of election is taught throughout the entire Bible. For example, Israel was elected as God’s chosen people (Deut 7:6; Is. 45:5 NASB). God divinely chose great men of the Old Testament: such as Isaac (Gen. 21:12 NASB), Abraham (Neh. 9:7 NASB), and Zerubbabel (Hag. 2:23 NASB). The New Testament also testifies to God’s sovereign choosing. Jesus Himself was the elect of the Father (Is. 42:1; 1 Pet. 2:6), the apostles (John 13:18 NASB), Jacob (Rom. 9:12-13 NASB), Rufus (Rom. 16:13 NASB), and Paul (Gal. 1:15 NASB). We find that all believers are chosen of God (Titus 1:1 NASB). Believers were “predestined according to His purpose who works out all things after the counsel of His will” (Eph. 1:11 NASB). He chose the church before the foundation of the world. He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, “according to the kind intention of His will” (Eph. 1:4-5 NASB). Believers are “called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son … and whom He predestined, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified” (Rom. 8:28-29 NASB).

The idea that God sovereignly chooses who will be saved is nowhere clearer than in the ninth chapter of Romans. Paul told his readers that God chose Jacob over his twin brother Esau “though the twins were not yet born, and had not done anything good or bad, in order that God’s purpose according to His choice might stand, not because of works, but because of Him who calls” (Rom. 9:11 NASB). Paul unashamedly proclaimed the sovereignty of God in verses 15-16 when he said to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” So it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.
Below we have all 6 occurrences on the word from Scripture and what we learn from these verses are the following :

1-the cross was predestined
2-believers are predestined to be like Jesus and are called, justified and glorified in Him
3-gentiles are included to be predestined
4-believers to adoption are predestined
5-believers to gain an inheritance are predestined

notice above no one is predestined as individuals before creation to heaven or hell, to be an elect or a reprobate. that is calvinisms false definition of predestination not the bibles definition as we read below.

Acts 4:28 V-AIA-3S
GRK: βουλὴ σου προώρισεν γενέσθαι
NAS: and Your purpose predestined to occur.
KJV: counsel determined before to be done.
INT: purpose of you predetermined to come to pass

Romans 8:29 V-AIA-3S
GRK: προέγνω καὶ προώρισεν συμμόρφους τῆς
NAS: He also predestined [to become] conformed
KJV: also did predestinate [to be] conformed
INT: he foreknew also he predestined [to be] conformed to the

Romans 8:30 V-AIA-3S
GRK: οὓς δὲ προώρισεν τούτους καὶ
NAS: whom He predestined, He also
KJV: whom he did predestinate, them
INT: those whom moreover he predestined these also

1 Corinthians 2:7 V-AIA-3S
GRK: ἀποκεκρυμμένην ἣν προώρισεν ὁ θεὸς
NAS: God predestined before
KJV: God ordained before
INT: hidden which predetermined God

Ephesians 1:5 V-APA-NMS
GRK: προορίσας ἡμᾶς εἰς
NAS: He predestined us to adoption as sons
KJV: Having predestinated us unto
INT: having predestined us for

Ephesians 1:11 V-APP-NMP
GRK: καὶ ἐκληρώθημεν προορισθέντες κατὰ πρόθεσιν
NAS: we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according
KJV: we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to
INT: also we obtained an inheritance having been predestined according to [the] purpose

conclusion: predestination simply means to determine before. it has nothing whatsoever to do with individuals God decided to save before creation. that is a misnomer. so above is exegetical belief of predestination whereas eisegetical definition is calvinsm which reads ones views into the text. If one looks carefully when it’s mentioned in scripture in never references individuals but always groups of people in the plural using “ us” and “we” and means both Jews and Gentiles in the context . This is another area some have bend misguided in their theology . God does not predestine individuals to salvation but groups of both Jews and Gentiles that comprise the one body of Christ, His church . See Ephesians chapters 1-2 and Romans 8 as proof . I was a die hard calvinist for over 4 decades and the doctrine of election taught by Calvinists is as assault on our loving God who they teach elects some to salvation and elects/predestines the others without a choice or chance to be saved to damnation before creation. That is not the God of the Bible.

Notice the plural US/WE below not individuals but a group.

Ephesians 1
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
  • Love

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Calvin confessed that the doctrine of Double Predestination was a horrible and dreadful decree in his Institutes of the Christian Religion. John Calvin: Institutes of the Christian Religion - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Why would anyone believe such a horrific and dreadful doctrine ?

Again I ask: whence does it happen that Adam's fall irremediably involved so many peoples, together with their infant offspring, in eternal death unless because it so pleased God? Here their tongues, otherwise so loquacious, must become mute. The decree is dreadful indeed, I confess. (latin. "Decretum quidem horribile, fateor."; french. "Je confesse que ce decret nous doit epouvanter.") Yet no one can deny that God foreknew what end man was to have before he created him, and consequently foreknew because he so ordained by his decree. If anyone inveighs against God's foreknowledge at this point, he stumbles rashly and heedlessly. What reason is there to accuse the Heavenly Judge because he was not ignorant of what was to happen? If there is any just or manifest complaint, it applies to predestination. And it ought not to seem absurd for me to say that God not only foresaw the fall of the first man, and in him the ruin of his descendants, but also meted it out in accordance with his own decision. For as it pertains to his wisdom to foreknow everything that is to happen, so it pertains to his might to rule and control everything by his hand. And Augustine also skillfully disposes of this question, as of others: "We most wholesomely confess what we most correctly believe, that the God and Lord of all things, who created all things exceedingly good [cf. Gen 1:31], and foreknew that evil things would rise out of good, and also knew that it pertained to his most omnipotent goodness to bring good out of evil things to be . . . , so ordained the life of angels and men that in it he might first of all show what free will could do, and then what the blessing of his grace and the verdict of his justice could do. (Augustine, On Rebuke and Grace X. 27)"

Calvin regarded soteriological predestination as God’s eternal decree, by which he compacted with himself what he willed to become of each man. For all are not created in equal condition: rather, eternal life is fore-ordained for some, eternal damnation for others. Therefore, as any man has been created to one or the other of these ends, we speak of him as predestined to life or to death. gospelcoilition

" God is said to set apart those whom he adopts into salvation; it will be highly absurd to say that others acquire by chance or by their own effort what election alone confers on a few. Therefore, whom God passes over, he condemns: and this he does for no other reason than that he wills to exclude them from the inheritance which he predestines for his own children. " Institutes, III, 23, 1.

Here is a quote from Gods faithful servant Wesley on May 14, 1765 Letter from John Wesley to John Newton:

“We think it our duty to oppose predestination with our whole strength. Not as an opinion, but as a dangerous mistake, which appears to be subversive of the very foundations of Christian experience and which has in fact given occasion to the most grievous offences.”May 14, 1765 Letter from John Wesley to John Newton

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually Jeremiah 18 who Paul is quoting from Romans 9 is nations, not individuals. And God is warning them and calling them to repent not making them rebel as lumps of clay by fatalism/determinism, the Calvinists predestination/election doctrine.

Jeremiah 18
This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2 “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” 3 So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.

5 Then the word of the Lord came to me. 6 He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel. 7 If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, 8 and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. 9 And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, 10 and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.

11 “Now therefore say to the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem, ‘This is what the Lord says: Look! I am preparing a disaster for you and devising a plan against you. So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and your actions.’ 12 But they will reply, ‘It’s no use. We will continue with our own plans; we will all follow the stubbornness of our evil hearts.’”

13 Therefore this is what the Lord says:

“Inquire among the nations:
Who has ever heard anything like this?
A most horrible thing has been done
by Virgin Israel.
14 Does the snow of Lebanon
ever vanish from its rocky slopes?
Do its cool waters from distant sources
ever stop flowing?
15 Yet my people have forgotten me;
they burn incense to worthless idols,
which made them stumble in their ways,
in the ancient paths.
They made them walk in byways,
on roads not built up.
16 Their land will be an object of horror
and of lasting scorn;
all who pass by will be appalled
and will shake their heads.
17 Like a wind from the east,
I will scatter them before their enemies;
I will show them my back and not my face
in the day of their disaster.”
18 They said, “Come, let’s make plans against Jeremiah; for the teaching of the law by the priest will not cease, nor will counsel from the wise, nor the word from the prophets. So come, let’s attack him with our tongues and pay no attention to anything he says.”

19 Listen to me, Lord;
hear what my accusers are saying!
20 Should good be repaid with evil?
Yet they have dug a pit for me.
Remember that I stood before you
and spoke in their behalf
to turn your wrath away from them.
21 So give their children over to famine;
hand them over to the power of the sword.
Let their wives be made childless and widows;
let their men be put to death,
their young men slain by the sword in battle.
22 Let a cry be heard from their houses
when you suddenly bring invaders against them,
for they have dug a pit to capture me
and have hidden snares for my feet.
23 But you, Lord, know
all their plots to kill me.
Do not forgive their crimes
or blot out their sins from your sight.
Let them be overthrown before you;
deal with them in the time of your anger.

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This will be my last quote on the horrible doctrine taught by Calvin known as election, predestination and taught in their doctrines of grace called TULIP.

Calvin below:

“We also note that we should consider the creation of the world so that we may realize that everything is subject to God and ruled by his will and that when the world has done what it may, nothing happens other than what God decrees.” Acts: Calvin, The Crossway Classic Commentaries, p.66

“First, the eternal predestination of God, by which before the fall of Adam He decreed what should take place concerning the whole human race and every individual, was fixed and determined.” (Concerning the Eternal Predestination of God, p.121

“When he uses the term permission, he means that the will of God is the supreme and primary cause of everything, because nothing happens without his order of permission.” The Institutes of Christian Religion, Book I, Ch. 16, Sect. 8

“For myself, I take another principle: Whatever things are done wrongly and unjustly by man, these very things are the right and just works of God. This may seem paradoxical at first sight to some....” Concerning the Eternal Predestination of God, p.169

“Indeed, the ungodly pride themselves on being competent to effect their wishes. But the facts show in the end that by them, unconsciously and unwillingly, what was divinely ordained is implemented.” Concerning the Eternal Predestination of God, p.173,

“Does God work in the hearts of men, directing their plans and moving their wills this way and that, so that they do nothing but what He has ordained?” Concerning the Eternal Predestination of God, p.174

Read calvin below:

“But it is quite frivolous refuge to say that God otiosely permits them, when Scripture shows Him not only willing but the author of them.” Concerning the Eternal Predestination of God page 176

“But the objection is not yet resolved, that if all things are done by the will of God, and men contrive nothing except by His will and ordination, then God is the author of all evils.” Concerning the Eternal Predestination of God, p.179

God is the AUTHOR !

Did you read that ?

The Famous Calvinist John Piper who gets it from the WCF says the following about evil taken from desiring god website :

"Ephesians 1:11 goes even further by declaring that God in Christ “works all things according to the counsel of his will.” Here the Greek word for “works” is energeø, which indicates that God not merely carries all of the universe’s objects and events to their appointed ends but that he actually brings about all things in accordance with his will. In other words, it isn’t just that God manages to turn the evil aspects of our world to good for those who love him; it is rather that he himself brings about these evil aspects for his glory (see Exodus 9:13-16; John 9:3) and his people’s good (see Hebrews 12:3-11; James 1:2-4).

This includes — as incredible and as unacceptable as it may currently seem — God’s having even brought about the Nazis’ brutality at Birkenau and Auschwitz as well as the terrible killings of Dennis Rader and even the sexual abuse of a young child: “The LORD has made everything for its own purpose, even the wicked for the day of evil” (Proverbs 16:4, NASB). “When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other” (Ecclesiastes 7:14, NIV)." https://www.desiringgod.org/message...ds-gracious-hand-in-the-hurts-others-do-to-us

hope this helps !!!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Another interesting read from online...What does the Bible say about knowing you in your mother's womb?

In Jeremiah 1:5 God says, “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; before you were born, I sanctified you; and I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” This is one of those verses that a lot of people hate because it clearly brings to our attention the sovereignty and control of God.

Romans 9:18-20

New International Reader's Version

18 So God does what he wants to do. He shows mercy to one person and makes another stubborn.
19 One of you will say to me, “Then why does God still blame us? Who can oppose what he wants to do?” 20 But you are a mere human being. So who are you to talk back to God? Scripture says, “Can what is made say to the one who made it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’ ” (Isaiah 29:16; 45:9)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another interesting read from online...What does the Bible say about knowing you in your mother's womb?

In Jeremiah 1:5 God says, “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; before you were born, I sanctified you; and I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” This is one of those verses that a lot of people hate because it clearly brings to our attention the sovereignty and control of God.

Romans 9:18-20​

New International Reader's Version​

18 So God does what he wants to do. He shows mercy to one person and makes another stubborn.
19 One of you will say to me, “Then why does God still blame us? Who can oppose what he wants to do?” 20 But you are a mere human being. So who are you to talk back to God? Scripture says, “Can what is made say to the one who made it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’ ” (Isaiah 29:16; 45:9)
What site are you getting this from can you provide a link ?

I pretty much know all the calvinist sites out there. Thanks !

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

John 3:6-8

6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[a] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[b] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[c]

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus Keturah. By this, do you perhaps mean Jack and Rosie are one and the same?
Hello.
This was a personal address to one who frequents forums under those two names but NOW is under a new one.

I wanted her to know I recognized her .

She always spouts Calvinistic thoughts & is double- minded in her spirituality about God FORCING himself upon her !

Sometimes she believes many different theologies on the word. Loves to copy & paste but doesn't have own original thoughts often.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello.
This was a personal address to one who frequents forums under those two names but NOW is under a new one.

I wanted her to know I recognized her .

She always spouts Calvinistic thoughts & is double- minded in her spirituality about God FORCING himself upon her !

Sometimes she believes many different theologies on the word. Loves to copy & paste but doesn't have own original thoughts often.
Thanks for the heads up and I noticed the person would not engage when I challenged Calvinism .

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up and I noticed the person would not engage when I challenged Calvinism .
......and that WAS your background knowledge of teachings in the word.

GOD IS STILL IN THE DELIVERING BUSINESS
praises be unto HIM !

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
......and that WAS your background knowledge of teachings in the word.

GOD IS STILL IN THE DELIVERING BUSINESS
praises be unto HIM !
Amen and I can smell it a Mile away by certain words , phrases , ideas and how one views God from their posts.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Also..
If you been born again 10-20-30 yrs.....and you look back..you'll see those places, those times in your past where God stepped into your problem and pain and fear, and helped you OUT of it or helped you through it.
Or, where God stepped into your life and stopped you from making a life error that would have destroyed your life, marriage, kids, ministry, family.
That is, "all things have become new".
Hello Behold,..are you talking about before we became born again here?

Not quite understanding this part, what do you mean, God stepped into our life and stopped you from making a life error?

God doesn’t stop us from going through hardship and pain as a born again or a non believer.....the difference is....when we are born again, we have the Holy Spirit with us, as he’s our comforter through heartache/ hardship and pain.

As a non believer we go it alone, as we are dead in spirit, that is until God births us in the Spirit.thats if he chooses to do so.

Last edited: