• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Screenshot_20230511-014357~2.png
Many are deceived.........
It is the WORD & THE HOLY SPIRIT'S action to correct, rebuke & chasten. If that fails......shake off the dust and have NOTHING to do with them.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already answered-from your favorite source

https://www.gotquestions.org/why-re...UVtlcdUs[/MEDIA] Please give this a listen.

:Zek:How prescious is the word. It is our strength, our light, our bread and it is God!

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Got....ANSWER

The writer of Hebrews informs readers that God’s Word is more than simply a historical record of events and people: “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).

In this passage, Word of God refers to His revelation in a general sense, meaning any method God uses to communicate with humans. Our primary exposure is through His written Word, the Bible. We learn in Scripture that the Word of God is alive and active—it not only lives but works. Let’s explore these two characteristics of God’s revelation to humankind.

The original Greek word translated here as “living” means “to have life” or “alive.” The Word of God is alive because God is a living God (Hebrews 3:12). Jesus said, “The very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life” (John 6:63, NLT). In the parable of the sower, Jesus compared God’s Word to seed (Matthew 13:1–23). Seed, like the Word, is a living organism that, when spread and planted in fertile soil, produces abundant life.

Christians are made alive spiritually and eternally because we are “born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God” (1 Peter 1:23). Believers “enter God’s eternal rest” (receive God’s free gift of salvation by grace through faith alone and not by self-effort, Ephesians 2:8–9) through the life-giving power of God’s Word. This truth is the main point the writer of Hebrews has been driving home in the previous verses (Hebrew 4:1–11), that no one can enter God’s true rest except those in whom God’s message has taken deep root and complete control. God does the work of salvation by the power of His Word when we submit to God’s dominion and trust Him to save us through Christ’s sacrifice on the cross.

The term active in Hebrews 4:12 means “effective, powerful, producing or capable of producing an intended result.” The Word of God is vibrant, dynamic, energizing, and productive. It is not static or idle in the lives of genuine believers. The apostle Paul explained that the Word of God is “at work in you who believe” (1 Thessalonians 2:13).

God’s Word is powerful, not only to give life, but also to deliver warnings and bring judgment and punishment to the disobedient: “Is not my Word like fire, declares the LORD, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?” (Jeremiah 23:29, ESV).

God’s living Word is not something to read or listen to passively and then forget. James taught Christians to look “intently into the perfect law that gives freedom” and to focus on it by doing what it says (James 1:23–25). Paul told Timothy, “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16–17, NLT). If we let God’s message do its work deep inside, it will change our character and behavior.

Astonishing, life-generating things happen when God’s Word goes forth. It is fully capable of accomplishing its purpose: “The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it” (Isaiah 55:11, NLT). On the Day of Pentecost, when Peter preached the message of salvation in Jesus Christ, those who heard it “were cut to the heart” (Acts 2:37), and about three thousand people were saved (Acts 2:41).

The author of Hebrews described the Word of God as “sharper than any double-edged sword.” Paul called it “the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God” (Ephesians 6:17). This sword imagery also appears in Isaiah 49:2, Revelation 1:16, and Revelation 2:12. As a sharp, double-bladed sword, the Word of God is our definitive offensive weapon against the assaults of a spiritual enemy. When Satan tempted our Lord in the wilderness, Jesus wielded the sword of God’s Word to counter the devil’s attacks (Matthew 4:4). His example teaches us to do the same.

The vital power of God’s message exists in its ability to pierce and penetrate the innermost depths of the human soul. It can cut through any obstacle to access and inspect our unspoken thoughts and hidden secrets (Matthew 10:26; Luke 8:17; 12:2; Mark 4:22). It can cross-examine and judge the attitudes of our hearts.

Because the Word of God is living and active, Peter encouraged Christians to pay close attention to it (2 Peter 1:19). May we let it be a lamp to guide our feet and a light to illuminate our path through this life (Psalm 119:105).

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh, I did sound the warning when I first recognized this one....a cpl weeks back !

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

How to Know When God is Speaking Through Your Mind

Online source.
Thoughts in your mind can come from three different sources: your own carnal mind, your born-again spirit that is one with God (1 Corinthians 6:17), or the devil.

Thoughts from your carnal mind or the flesh tend to be self-preserving, self-glorifying, and just plain selfish. The flesh is the un-renewed mind, the part of you that was trained by the old sin nature before you were born again. The carnal mind, or the flesh, is corrupt and not subject to the law of God. The carnal mind is all about me, me, me.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. Romans 8:7
Thoughts from your spirit are the channel by which God communicates with you. God is a spirit (John 4:24) and He speaks first to your spirit, and then your spirit translates it to your mind as a thought.

This is why we can have a thought from God that sounds like “I should mow the neighbor’s lawn”. The thought is in the first person tense because God first communicated it to your spirit, and then your spirit sends the thought to your mind in the first person.

Let me explain it like this. God communicates to your spirit that He wants you to mow the neighbor’s lawn. Your spirit takes that message, agrees with it, and communicates it to your mind as a thought. All the sudden you get a thought that sounds like “I should mow the neighbors lawn”. It may seem more like an inner knowing that a distinct voice.

This is God speaking to you through your mind! The thought seems to come out of nowhere and will carry supernatural joy and peace with it. We will talk more about how to accurately determine if thoughts are from God below.

When God told me to move across the country, He communicated it to my spirit at some point when I was completely unaware. Then, one day out of nowhere, I had a thought that said “I should move to Colorado”. Of course, I prayed about this thought and allowed the Lord to confirm it in other ways, but this ‘spontaneous thought’ was how the Lord first told me to make a life-changing move across the country.

When the devil or a demon gives you a thought, it can be very subtle because the devil will also give you thoughts in the first person. He plays on our pride and love for money very often. He uses the weaknesses of the flesh to entice us.

The devil’s voice is very often accusatory and condemning. He loves to make us feel rotten about ourselves and about God. If you are someone who hears a lot of condemning thoughts, read my article What Does the Bible Say About Condemnation? It will be really helpful for you!

Now that you know where your thoughts can originate from, it is so important that you learn to determine which thoughts are yours, which thoughts are from God, and which thoughts are from the devil. As you learn how to separate them, God will be able to speak more and more to you through your mind.

I say,Amen! Amen! Amen! In the Name of Jesus.

The more he deals with our pride and ego, the greater the word can penetrate the heart/ spirit of his “ TRUE” child........the counterfeit hates to hear this and will do all they can to deny this truth....for they are in the flesh and are carnal....this is my honest opinion and belief.

There is no doubt whatsoever that his children are being made into the image of Jesus.

As for mowing the neighbours lawn as we read above...my neighbour is extremely unwell can’t do any gardening, completely out of the blue, go and help your neighbour with her garden, came into my mind,I knew straight away it was from God,..so I was obedient....it’s learning to discern the word of God from the flesh....all about the renewing of our minds and remember we have that new heart that he gave us, when we became born again/ regenerated......all by the power of the Holy Spirit.

The flesh profits nothing ,it can be nasty, jealous, trying to put you down, laughing at youetc,etc..the flesh also tries to get a reaction from you......ignore it.......I have learnt to discern the Spirit from the flesh, I recognise it in a person and I believe most of the time I can recognise it in myself.

Once the spirit of a person has been raised to life by the Spirit of God, the old desires of the flesh do not immediately disappear. There is a battle that rages on. “So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want” (Galatians 5:16–17).

This is to Glorify God what I have explained here....God knows exactly where we are in the Spirit and he works in us, to be made into the image of Jesus...

We are all most definitely a “ work in progress “.....

Last edited:

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said ....ye are the SALT of the earth......salt makes one thirsty. He also said he is the living water!

Two piles identical in looks:
Screenshot_20230511-023816~2.png

One however is NOT salt but is sugar......can ya tell the difference except by taste ?
Yet we can tell the difference between false & truth by the TESTING of the SPIRIT !

JUST BC IT LOOKS, FEELS AND SAYS ITS ... SALT...DONT MAKE IT SO !

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Behold

Hello Behold.

When I go to the Lord for answers in prayer, in fact I speak to God throughout the day, verbally and in my thoughts.

I believe some are misunderstanding what dead to sin means....trust me I know what it’s like to misunderstand in certain areas myself.

I don’t think some understand that we are dead to sin, because we have been made alive with Christ,we are one with him, we’re in him and he in us, regenerated/ we were born again from above.....our sins have been forgiven by God, we know that when we have been birthed in the Spirit .

I think some are taking that to mean...we no longer sin.....of course we still sin, our minds aren’t instantly renewed in the blink of an eye....nor does our flesh die instantly, there is a battle that starts when we are birthed in the Spirit,....but, because we are born again a child of the most High....he starts the process of sanctifying us through the Spirit...as soon as we are birthed....why, because we have that new heart/ spirit within.....Christ is Alive in our spirits......working everything out according to the will of the Father for our lives.....we walk in faith...we don’t have to worry what the next day will bring ,as we rest in him.

This is my thoughts and my testimony...whatever I believe God places on my heart to share, then I will be obedient to what I believe he is saying to my spirit then relaying his message to my mind..

We learn to walk in the Spirit ,the only person we can learn from is the Holy Spirit, we can’t learn from man when they are in the flesh, ..we can only hear the spirit of God’s word,......it’s a bit like when you see a poster who makes a personal remark to another poster, that’s the flesh speaking, ..then the poster who has had that personal remark aimed at them, they too may retaliate and answer back in the flesh......this is when we rely on God for discernment....trust me ,I have learnt from my own experience of speaking and acting in the flesh.....it’s all about searching and understanding His Word , it must also penetrate the heart/ spirit of his child....again my thoughts and belief.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
PAUL'S view of the Law of Moses is that its "DUNG", if you try to use it as how you BELIEVE you are accepted by God.

= So, the Law is Holy, the Commands are pure and holy.....but if a person tries to use them, as...> """if i do the law, keep the commandments" then GOD will accept me...""""
brother, please reconsider your statememt that Paul had such a "low view" of the nomos/entole/law as you advocate.
The phrase “I count everything as loss” in Philippians 3:8 would be literally translated as “I count all things as dung.” Paul has good reason for strong language in the context of Philippians 3. Paul had just listed several things that might have given him confidence in the flesh: he was a duly circumcised, law-keeping, zealous Pharisee of the stock of Benjamin. “But,” he says, “whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ” (Philippians 3:7). And he continues: “Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ” (Philippians 3:8, KJV).

Paul begins Philippians 3 by urging his readers to avoid those who would require a Christian to undergo circumcision. Circumcision was meant to be a sign of the Abrahamic Covenant for the people of Israel. Jewish males had to be circumcised eight days after their birth (Genesis 17:10–12; Leviticus 12:2–3). The Old Testament requirement of circumcision led to a debate among the Christians in the early church (Acts 15:1–2), resulting in the Jerusalem Council (Acts 15:6). At the council, the church leaders ruled that circumcision was not required for salvation in Christ. God was blessing those who believed in Jesus with the Holy Spirit, regardless of whether they were circumcised (Acts 15:7–20). Gentile believers had been baptized into the body of Christ by the Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13), and they did not need the external rite of circumcision.

It is in this context that Paul counts “all things as dung.” Paul sees the Judiazers (those who required circumcision) as “mutilators of the flesh” who were forcing an unnecessary rule on Gentile Christians (Philippians 3:3). We are not saved by fleshly acts, and we should “put no confidence in the flesh” (Philippians 3:4). If anyone had reason to boast in the flesh, it was Paul. He had achieved much before Christ found him, but he considered all that as dung. He gladly gave up his earthly accolades so that he “may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in a Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith” (Philippians 3:8–9). Paul was a religious leader—a good one, at that. However, that did not save him. Only the righteousness of Christ can save a person (Philippians 3:10; Ephesians 2:8–9). That righteousness is achieved through faith, not by one’s pedigree or an impressive resume of works.

Paul continues in Philippians 3:14 and puts works in its proper place: “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” The works that provided self-righteousness Paul counts as dung, but the works that are a result of Christ’s righteousness he counts as worth striving after. The Philippians were righteous through faith in Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:1). Paul exhorts the them to live in a righteous manner, according to their position in Christ (Philippians 3:15–16).

Like the Philippians, we cannot work our way to heaven. It doesn’t matter how often we go to church, how many material possessions we give away, or how righteous we believe ourselves to be. Without faith in Jesus Christ, those things are like so much dung. However, the believer in Christ has been “created in Christ Jesus to do good works” (Ephesians 2:10). Those things that are in accordance with the will of God and found in the Scriptures are worthy of striving after. (Ephesians 2:8–9).

Galatians 1:14 (NKJV) And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
The Pharisee was the radical fundamentalist, narrow minded legalistic, literalist. They originated during the inter-testamentary period as a reaction to the excesses of the Jews that were drifting into liberalism.

Pharisee meant: "separatist." They were affirming that there must be an adherence to scripture. They guarded the scriptures and attacked those who didn't. They started right (we often think of Pharisee's as synonymous with hypocrite) but degenerated when they started to believe that their strict adherence to the law saved them. They were an elite group, only 6,000 at the time of Christ. Very few people could live this way.

Paul is saying, "I know the law and have lived by its strictest rule." The one aim of their lives was to keep the smallest detail of every law. Paul is saying, "I took religion to the highest level." All this effort to pursue the law, and Paul says, "It was all dung."

Paul says that all of his
Jewish accomplishments were rubbish or dung. The Greek word that Paul uses here for "rubbish" is skubalon. This word is extremely vulgar. It is only used here in the Bible and most of the translators try to avoid the clear vulgarity Paul intended. He wants us to understand these things are not just lost, he counts them to have an odor about them. Compared to Christ, they are repulsive because anyone who trusts in these things will be eternally lost. In extra-biblical writings, skubalon is used of dung-- human excrement, food that is spoiled or ripe garbage. It is used of half eaten corpses and lumps of manure. He wants us to be repulsed because that's what all our achievements are, compared to Christ

Now, hopefully, you may understand, not that Paul said "the law" was dung-but all efforts to PURSUE and to "keep to the letter"-as but dung.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Galatians 5:22-23 NIV​

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Galatians 5:19-21

New International Version

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

What does it mean that the flesh profits nothing (John 6:63)?​

Got
ANSWER

In John 6:25–59, Jesus presented a challenging teaching about eating His flesh and drinking His blood. The disciples struggled to digest Christ’s words, while the Jewish religious leaders were scandalized by them. Jesus then explained that He was speaking figuratively about spiritual realities and not literally: “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63, NKJV).

The noun flesh (sarx in Greek) refers to “the physical aspects of a person in distinction to the nonmaterial soul.” Technically, flesh describes the body’s soft tissue but is often used in the New Testament to indicate the “sinful nature” or the seat of sin and rebellion against God in humanity. In the Old Testament, flesh is frequently used in reference to mortal humans in contrast with God, a life-giving Spirit. The term translated as “profit” in John 6:63means “to be of use, help, aid, facilitate, accomplish.”

The New Living Translation renders Christ’s words this way: “The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life” (John 6:63).

The flesh profits nothing means there is absolutely no hope of salvation or any spiritual insight or gain that can be achieved through human effort. The apostle Paul had nothing good to say about the flesh: “For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out” (Romans 7:18, ESV). Paul urged Christians to “put no confidence in the flesh” (Philippians 3:3).

Our interpretation will be flawed if we try to understand the Word of God from a literal, flesh-dominated, human perspective. We must have the indwelling Spirit to comprehend God’s Word correctly: “But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. . . . No one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us” (1 Corinthians 2:10–12, NLT).

The flesh profits nothing because it relies on human wisdom. “The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit” (1 Corinthians 2:14). The “spiritual person” can understand the Word of God and the things of God’s Spirit because he has “the mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:15–16, CSB).

The flesh profits nothing because it prevents people from receiving “the message of the cross,” which “is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God” (1 Corinthians 1:18). The message of the cross is that Jesus died to save us and bring us into a relationship with God the Father: “Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit” (1 Peter 3:18, NLT).

Only the Spirit of God gives everlasting life. In John 3:6, Jesus said, “Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life” (NLT). We must be born of the Spirit (John 3:5–8) by believing in Christ and receiving His gift of eternal life (John 5:21, 24, 26; 7:37–39).

Believers can think of “the flesh” as the symbol of our humanness, which is of no profit to a true follower of Christ. Jesus told His disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?” (Matthew 16:24–27, ESV).

The flesh profits nothing means that, in and of ourselves, as human beings born into sin, we can never experience eternal life (Romans 3:9–12). The “flesh” is human power, which is utterly incapable of generating spiritual life. Only by the power of God—the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and the indwelling of His Spirit—can we be saved.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Galatians 5:22-23 NIV​

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What does it mean that the flesh profits nothing (John 6:63)?​

Got
ANSWER

In John 6:25–59, Jesus presented a challenging teaching about eating His flesh and drinking His blood. The disciples struggled to digest Christ’s words, while the Jewish religious leaders were scandalized by them. Jesus then explained that He was speaking figuratively about spiritual realities and not literally: “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63, NKJV).

The noun flesh (sarx in Greek) refers to “the physical aspects of a person in distinction to the nonmaterial soul.” Technically, flesh describes the body’s soft tissue but is often used in the New Testament to indicate the “sinful nature” or the seat of sin and rebellion against God in humanity. In the Old Testament, flesh is frequently used in reference to mortal humans in contrast with God, a life-giving Spirit. The term translated as “profit” in John 6:63means “to be of use, help, aid, facilitate, accomplish.”

The New Living Translation renders Christ’s words this way: “The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life” (John 6:63).

The flesh profits nothing means there is absolutely no hope of salvation or any spiritual insight or gain that can be achieved through human effort. The apostle Paul had nothing good to say about the flesh: “For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out” (Romans 7:18, ESV). Paul urged Christians to “put no confidence in the flesh” (Philippians 3:3).

Our interpretation will be flawed if we try to understand the Word of God from a literal, flesh-dominated, human perspective. We must have the indwelling Spirit to comprehend God’s Word correctly: “But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. . . . No one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us” (1 Corinthians 2:10–12, NLT).

The flesh profits nothing because it relies on human wisdom. “The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit” (1 Corinthians 2:14). The “spiritual person” can understand the Word of God and the things of God’s Spirit because he has “the mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:15–16, CSB).

The flesh profits nothing because it prevents people from receiving “the message of the cross,” which “is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God” (1 Corinthians 1:18). The message of the cross is that Jesus died to save us and bring us into a relationship with God the Father: “Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit” (1 Peter 3:18, NLT).

Only the Spirit of God gives everlasting life. In John 3:6, Jesus said, “Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life” (NLT). We must be born of the Spirit (John 3:5–8) by believing in Christ and receiving His gift of eternal life (John 5:21, 24, 26; 7:37–39).

Believers can think of “the flesh” as the symbol of our humanness, which is of no profit to a true follower of Christ. Jesus told His disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?” (Matthew 16:24–27, ESV).

The flesh profits nothing means that, in and of ourselves, as human beings born into sin, we can never experience eternal life (Romans 3:9–12). The “flesh” is human power, which is utterly incapable of generating spiritual life. Only by the power of God—the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and the indwelling of His Spirit—can we be saved.
Christ Jesus redeemed us from the curse that has been brought through the law by becoming a curse for us (Galatians 3:13). He substituted Himself in our place and upon the cross took the punishment that is justly ours so that we are no longer under the curse of the Law. In doing so, He fulfilled and upheld the requirements of the Law. This does not mean that Christians are to be lawless, as some advocate today—a teaching called antinomianism. Rather, it means that we are free from the Mosaic Law and instead under the law of Christ, which is to love God with all of our being and to love our neighbors as we love ourselves.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christ Jesus redeemed us from the curse that has been brought through the law by becoming a curse for us (Galatians 3:13). He substituted Himself in our place and upon the cross took the punishment that is justly ours so that we are no longer under the curse of the Law. In doing so, He fulfilled and upheld the requirements of the Law. This does not mean that Christians are to be lawless, as some advocate today—a teaching called antinomianism. Rather, it means that we are free from the Mosaic Law and instead under the law of Christ, which is to love God with all of our being and to love our neighbors as we love ourselves.

John 3:1-21

New International Version

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus​

3 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”
3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”
4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]
9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.
10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[e] 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

John 3:1-21​

New International Version​

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus​

3 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”
3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”
4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]
9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.
10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[e] 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
Care to elaborate?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
which is to love God with all of our being and to love our neighbors as we love ourselves.
Question...how can you Love God with all your being and how can you love your neighbour as yourself?

Again for me, a very simple answer.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Care to elaborate?
I have many times..we must be supernaturally birthed in the Spirit by God, then we are born again from above....God’s word is Alive and Active...it penetrates the heart of his child....

In other words, when God speaks to your spirit, testifies with our spirit that we are his child..his word is alive...how else would I know I’m born again/ regenerated?

The Holy Spirit is the only person who can lead us through scripture....by the Spirit not by the human intellect...plenty of scripture on that.

He also imo and belief..opened my heart/ spirit to receive his living word...just like he did with Lydia...that is my belief 100%

It’s the human spirit that hears and receives the Living word of God, he then relays it to the mind.

You cannot intellectually birth yourself in the Spirit..that is my belief.

After all our spirit came from God and the way back to a living relationship with him...in the Spirit, is by him birthing us in the Spirit....through the Name of Jesus and only Jesus..

Not through what Joe bloggs has to say, LOL.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Question...how can you Love God with all your being and how can you love your neighbour as yourself?

Again for me, a very simple answer.
Only the Spirit filled born from above believers can do these Imperatives dia Christ Jesus.

Luk 3:17 His winnowing-fork is in His hand, and He will clean out His threshing-floor, and store His wheat in His barn; but He will burn up the chaff with fire inextinguishable."
Mat 25:1 "Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 Now five of them were thoughtless and five were thoughtful,
Mat 25:3 for the thoughtless ones took their lamps but took no oil with them.
Mat 25:4 But the thoughtful ones not only took their lamps but also extra oil in their oil cans.

Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom was delaying, they all got drowsy and dropped off to sleep.
Mat 25:6 But at midnight there was a shout, 'Here comes the bridegroom! Go out to meet him!'
Mat 25:7 Then all those bridesmaids awoke and trimmed their lamp-wicks.
Mat 25:8 And the thoughtless ones said to the thoughtful ones, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
Mat 25:9 But the thoughtful ones answered, 'No, no, there may not be enough for you and us. Go to the store and buy your own oil.'
Mat 25:10 And while they were going to buy it, the bridegroom came, and the bridesmaids that were ready went in with him to the wedding reception; and the door was closed.
Mat 25:11 At last the rest of the bridesmaids came, and kept begging, 'Master, master, open the door for us!'
Mat 25:12 But he answered, 'I positively say to you, I do not know you.'
Mat 25:13 So you must keep on watching, for you do not know either the day or the hour.

1Jn 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves His child.
1Jn 5:2 This is how we can be sure that we love the children of God, by continuing to love God and to obey His commands.
1Jn 5:3 For love to God means this, to practice obedience to His commands, and His commands are not burdensome,
1Jn 5:4 for every child of God continues to conquer the world. Our faith is the victory that has conquered the world.
1Jn 5:5 Now who is it that continues to conquer the world, if it is not the person who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Reactions: Keturah

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Only the Spirit filled born from above believers can do these Imperatives dia Christ Jesus.
My answer..you can only Love God..why....because he loved us first, he birthed us in the Spirit.

How do we love our neighbour..by the Holy Spirit working in and softening our heart.we have that new heart within,yes?.he does the work...I do not!....we are being made into the image of Christ..

God is the teacher of LOVE and he teaches through the Holy Spirit...he is our teacher not ourselves, we are NOTHING without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.